The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

No other ground I have ever been to has the same level of 'security'. More often than not I am searched and I have never been searched at any other ground. Is there a history of problems at games? I cannot think of any I have attended. 

I believe there was a spot of bother in the 1874 match against Vale of Leven. Several firkins of mead were smuggled into the game.

There can be no doubt anymore that the people in positions of power are intentionally taking the piss out of us, surely? This isn't incompetence, they know fine well how fans feel about their neverending nonsense; they either don't care or actually get a wee buzz from it.

Unnecessary NOISE and behaviour likely, in the opinion of the Club/Event Organiser to cause confusion, annoyance, fear, upset or nuisance of any kind is not permitted in any part of the Ground.
  • The following articles MUST NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE GROUND prohibited weapons, knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

Make sure you decant your Buckie into PLASTIC bottles.

I jest......... kinda.

I don’t recall ever being searched going into any Queen’s Park away game and I think the only Scotland home game it happened at was the Euros games against Czech and Croatia.

The main safety officer guy is ex Hibs and Motherwell. No prizes for guessing who hired him and he seems to share his old boss’s affinity for supporters.

Will the “intoxication” rule be enforced in the Royal Box I wonder 🍷 

Edited by Spider Rico

I guess most long term fans will probably, after a wee cathartic rant, shrug our shoulders at yet another piece of tone-deaf communication from the club and keep on turning up & stumping up to watch the team we love.

I wonder, though,  how this comes across to the newer fans we are apparently so keen to attract. Maybe been to a game or 2 & started following the club on txitter, only to read this arrogant & patronising nonsense which basically says you are allowed at our games under sufferance.

Anyone, with a smidgeon of experience in how to communicate with folk would have ripped that communication up & sent whatever cretin wrote it away to start over again

Just now, Spider Rico said:

All this because some helmet on a stag do may or may not have sneaked a bottle in

No excuse. I find it hard to believe that there is an spfl club that hasn't from time to time found a discarded bottle after a match. People occasionally break rules. Who knew it?. The way to deal with it is to ask stewards to keep an eye open for anyone drinking out a glass bottle. It is not necessary to criminalise the whole support.

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I wonder, though,  how this comes across to the newer fans we are apparently so keen to attract.

Even if we could attract them, they can’t fit into our stadium due to its limited capacity, (unless they pay for hospitality that is).  Penny for the tickets for schools scheme at this difficult time

1 hour ago, GloriousHoops said:

Credit where credit is due...... security guy on the left-hand turnstile couldn't have been more pleasant. 

No frisking, big smile "enjoy the game".

See it's not difficult. 

I walked past the away entrance & the Livi fans seemed to be getting treated to the full Hampden Security Welcome.

Tbf right the security isn't a new thing. Maybe I just look dodgy but I got searched about half a dozen times last year, and I was checked again today. Otherwise this season I was checked at the kelty game and that's it, so it's probably been about the usual from my end. 

Regarding the result, what do yous reckon? I actually thought we stood up to a Martindale side pretty well, especially considering they just came down and will be looking to bounce back. Murray looked solid, although I'm slightly concerned by Thomson not being in the squad - did ferrie give him a concussion or something?

I am so bored of the whole Lesser experience. Everyone time I’ve been, I just find myself getting annoyed at just how shite it really is. 

I don’t feel like it’s the place where my football team plays football (granted I know we haven’t played there much, and that may happen over time). But it feels corporate, soulless and way too officious, given how many fans are actually in attendance. 

Draw was probably a fair result tonight. Slightly disappointed we couldn’t keep a clean sheet though. Good to see another centre back brought in. If he’s able to perform at similar levels to Dane Murray then we’re pretty set now defensively.

Still apparent that we lack numbers & quality in the forward areas so i’m still looking for a striker and a winger/attacking mid to be brought in. We don’t really have enough depth up there to impact the game from the bench.

2 hours ago, GloriousHoops said:

Credit where credit is due...... security guy on the left-hand turnstile couldn't have been more pleasant. 

No frisking, big smile "enjoy the game".

See it's not difficult. 

Security at the rhs turnstile  2 men and 1 woman.  All very polite and pleasant. 

plenty of sound corporate governance on display today, but outside of that, i'd have taken a point going into it. thought dane murray looked very good both stopping attacks, and bringing the ball out. still crying out for about two or three signings for depth purposes to make us anywhere near challenging for 8th place. long season ahead. bring it on.

Considering that the evening begun with the club releasing a statement threatening to call the polis on pished fans, I think last night went reasonably well.