The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, OutSpider said:

Hello folks. First time posting on here and also recently started properly following The Spiders.

Tomorrow will be the first ever (QP) match I attend! 

Are there any pubs that fans like to meet at before the game?

You have Bar 1867 in the pavillion at Lesser which is the closest to the ground, or the Florida Park where most of the regular die-hards go pre-game. 

As for this latest will-they-won't-they about Hampden, I'm sick of it. Build a proper f**king stadium at Lesser and end this utter farce.

1 minute ago, Spider Rico said:

Any move to the Friday would presumably be at Lesser as doubt it could be converted to Rugby that quickly.

I vote for disbanding the club if this happens.

Can you even begin to imagine the scenes in “Bar 1867” after the game, or whatever it is they refer to it as? Drinking pints of piss, whilst discussing the following morning’s fox hunt. Must be resisted at all costs. 

3 minutes ago, an86 said:

Can you even begin to imagine the scenes in “Bar 1867” after the game, or whatever it is they refer to it as? Drinking pints of piss, whilst discussing the following morning’s fox hunt. Must be resisted at all costs. 

You do know that fox hunting is banned in Scotland.

6 minutes ago, an86 said:

Won't have to wait until after the game to discuss the fox hunt over a pint. You can have a beer at Rugby in Scotland. Much like when the final was at Celtic Park, i imagine beer will be on sale in the stadium. 

7 minutes ago, QPEast said:

Would this not wreck the pitch as well making future games a bit of a nightmare?

My thoughts too - and the Warriors will be looking for somewhere else to play when Glasgow hosts the Commonwealth games again. I can see our committee agreeing to us moving once again, this time to accommodate the men with funny shaped balls.

1 minute ago, Northsea80 said:

Won't have to wait until after the game to discuss the fox hunt over a pint. You can have a beer at Rugby in Scotland. Much like when the final was at Celtic Park, i imagine beer will be on sale in the stadium. 

The set up for alcohol at Parkhead was woeful - over an hour to get a beer!

Just now, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

The set up for alcohol at Parkhead was woeful - over an hour to get a beer!

I didn't even bother, the concourse under the north stand at Celtic Park is too narrow for the volume of people that stand accommodates.

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

My thoughts too - and the Warriors will be looking for somewhere else to play when Glasgow hosts the Commonwealth games again. I can see our committee agreeing to us moving once again, this time to accommodate the men with funny shaped balls.

You could be right but personally I don't think that'll happen.

Partick Thistle would be a more practical solution, and the Warriors have shared 10k capacity Firhill before. 

Edited by GloriousHoops

All talk about the club taking fans for granted- which they do. 

However, this fiasco is yet more evidence that the club don’t have a say in what happens at Hampden; and why should they? Without a signed contract, which stipulates the club having exclusive use (barring the national team) of the pitch- we’re being taken out to dry- and it’s all that’s deserved following the incompetence exhibited by those involved in building our embarrassment of a stadium. 

The plan simply cannot be this instability of blindly hoping the SFA don’t wake up and smell the money, kicking us out for more money elsewhere. We’ve recieved significant funds for player trading in recent seasons, surely to god there has to be some money available to terrace behind Somerville or Letherby drive.

What a fiasco this is. You really sold the family silver when you flogged Hampden. With no change of a game at Hampden on the Saturday and seemingly a slim change of one on the Friday at that joke of a pitch-with-director’s-box-attached next to it would there be scope, I wonder, to play this fixture in Kirkcaldy at 3pm on a Saturday and reverse the game in March?

Edited by Enigma

Noted from the pre-match interview we’ve signed two lads on free-transfers, pending paperwork. 

I notice that Barry Hepburn has been released by Bayern Munich, and is a free agent. I wonder whether we might be back in for him- thinking being he’ll have some more experienced heads around him with potential sell-on. 

Alternatively, this could be when we finally see the much rumoured Austin Samuels sign. I notice he’s still unattached. 

Edited by HoustonSpider99
Added more detail

2 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Noted from the pre-match interview we’ve signed two lads on free-transfers, pending paperwork. 

I notice that Barry Hepburn has been released by Bayern Munich, and is a free agent. I wonder whether we might be back in for him- thinking being he’ll have some more experienced heads around him with potential sell-on. 

His attitude was hoaching. Would be a no from me.