Champions League 2022/23

Coooombe

I know any club who spend a zillion trillion quid should manage to win the Champions League, the boat race, Wimbledon and the Grand National, but it just sounds weird as fcuk - Manchester City, champions of Europe. That’ll be because I think of City, and I think of Maine Road, the weird shaped stand roof, and a shite yo-yo club who were in Man United’s shadow and were a wee bit cuddly and underdoggy.

This isn’t the same club.

16 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Cameras showing an Inter fan comforting his greetin’ weans. I’m deeply hopeful that all over Italy, there were fans of their diddy teams, the Italian versions of Morton or Forfar shouting ‘get it fcukin’ up ye’, fcuking gloryhunting kunts’ at the telly. In Italian. Obviously.

"Alzati tu, fottuti cacciatori di gloria"

Rare to see only the starters and subs on the podium for the trophy lift, rather than all the injured guys, "homegrown" quota fillers, coaches, physios, analysts, kitmen & hangers on. Probably the only thing about tonight's event that's been good to see.

Edited by DG.Roma
Italian typo / errore in Italiano

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I know any club who spend a zillion trillion quid should manage to win the Champions League, the boat race, Wimbledon and the Grand National, but it just sounds weird as fcuk - Manchester City, champions of Europe. That’ll be because I think of City, and I think of Maine Road, the weird shaped stand roof, and a shite yo-yo club who were in Man United’s shadow and were a wee bit cuddly and underdoggy.

Read chelsea and newcastle

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

An annoyance for me is that they try and say it was down to Pepe being shrewd in the transfer market.

- "Haaland was only £50 million. Anyone could have afforded him."

He's on £800k a week.

Just now, Theroadlesstravelled said:

An annoyance for me is that they try and say it was down to Pepe being shrewd in the transfer market.

- "Haaland was only £50 million. Anyone could have afforded him."

He's on £800k a week.

He's been at 3 elite clubs with money to burn - I suppose the real test would be him managing a club without those resources- but it's never going to happen.