Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

Just now, Dev said:

However, when the SFA alters rules and regs the leagues need to comply and that, as I see it anyway, is the reason why competition rules and regs are checked annually. Particularly in the case of the pyramid leagues.

I think the member clubs of the SFA vote on changes to its rules and regulations so clubs and their leagues would take into account in advance any knock on impact on them from such SFA votes.  

https://www.caledonianbraves.com/news/let-us-know---lowland-league-meeting

On Monday the 5th of February, the Lowland League board is due to convene for a general meeting.

Club chairman Chris Ewing will in attendance on behalf of the Caley Braves and we want to factor the views of all Braves owners.

If you have topic that you would like for us to table at the meeting, then let us know by responding on the 'Live Votes' tab of on our official app.

The Lowland League have requested that any reports for consideration to be submitted by Wednesday 31st of January.

Any chance we'll hear anything on the attempt at reforming promotion/relegation between Tier 5 & 6 from this meeting?

31 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Two chances of that, and one of those is no chance.

I know that Caley Braves have no fans, but their concept of letting fans on an app, that anyone could download, steer the clubs direction one way or another remains completely bizarre to me.

4 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Seventy ?

Head counts this season have had 53 v. Cumbernaul Colts and 69 v. Edinburgh University so far. It's not that surprising. Broomhill have averaged double figures over an entire season most of their existence.

8 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Maybe less.

Doubt Broomhill had twenty supporters including committee.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Head counts this season have had 53 v. Cumbernaul Colts and 69 v. Edinburgh University so far. It's not that surprising. Broomhill have averaged double figures over an entire season most of their existence.

What a pointless existence.

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What a pointless existence.

I wouldn't say so on the basis of low attendance. Take into account the vast majority of clubs do similar or worse numbers.

Why they're pointless is Glasgow-Alloa-Cumbernauld-Dumbarton in the span of 10 years.