Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

10 hours ago, To B or not B said:

So you would have 1 fully licensed league, and 2 who are not? How would you do the play-offs, lower and upper?

The problem I have with it is the lowland league majority would be east so you would have west teams moving up a level because of perceived to be better.

Been hearing for years when the west teams in the lowland league when are they going to get their finger out and get their 

I see EK, Boness, Albion Rovers, Shire, Berwick and Cowdenbeath are all in SPFL trust trophy next season. Nothing like rewarding teams for finishing higher up the league.

22 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Which is why all that matters is to get the 16 members of the Lowland League to actually have a vote on relegation. So that the next step, whatever it is, can be taken.

......and when increased relegation doesn't pass, then what? it's still the same issues to address.

18 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

......and when increased relegation doesn't pass, then what? it's still the same issues to address.

I think the problem is everyone is trying to force through their own agenda with this.

What needs to happen is a balanced approach where their is least objectionable option. 

What options appeases all sides. That's why at eosfl meefting mulraney was like it's only worth me investing time in it if we can get it through 

42 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

I see EK, Boness, Albion Rovers, Shire, Berwick and Cowdenbeath are all in SPFL trust trophy next season. Nothing like rewarding teams for finishing higher up the league.

Never think that the Lowland League can't sink lower, there's always another level of spinelessness in their nature.

37 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Nothing. It will eventually get voted on again as we've seen 2 attempts in the past 6 years.

Are you still some how deluded in thinking that someone is going to push through a change?

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Nothing. It will eventually get voted on again as we've seen 2 attempts in the past 6 years.

Are you still some how deluded in thinking that someone is going to push through a change?

Deluded? all I'm doing is relating what I think the issues are, increased relegation won't get voted through as things stand.

Maybe it's time to address the root causes, one of which is the SoS.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Never think that the Lowland League can't sink lower, there's always another level of spinelessness in their nature.

I don't think the LL have a say on who is invited.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nothing to do with the LL

SPFL showing once again they're an absolute gang...........

Jobs for the boys patter once more,they really are scum.

So the HL teams are there on merit but some of the LL teams aren't........farce

4 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

SPFL showing once again they're an absolute gang...........

Jobs for the boys patter once more,they really are scum.

So the HL teams are there on merit but some of the LL teams aren't........farce

There always seems to be something each summer to pass the dull weeks away before games start again. 🤣

Seriously, it’s a weird take to invite all the former SPFL teams ahead of the likes of Rose, Tranent and others, and I can understand that they won’t be happy.

On 26/05/2024 at 11:45, Dev said:

This.

Except, whilst the SoS remains at Tier 5:

Retain the existing Play-Offs from WoS/EoS/SoS but two are promoted from it with the third placed club (likely from the SoS) to Play-Off with the 3rd bottom LL club. Built in to this would be:

Ditch the "must be champions" non-sense and go instead with the highest placed Licenced WoS/EoS/SoS clubs in each league and put them into the play-Offs. There would have to be a limit on how far down the table that club could finish and still qualify. Maybe needs to be just down to the 2nd or 3rd placed clubs.

If the SoS made the approach to the WoS to become a feeder league to say WoS Div. 2 or 3 would the WoS accept that? Then, of course, would the gloriously disinterested SFA come up with some poor idea to prevent it e.g. by being against, in effect, regionalisation of a Tier 6 league?

Agreed with this - the playoff would also give a 'champions of tier 6' which could make a nice extra trophy for someone.

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I occasionally watched Cumbernauld Colts as they are local to me. This just shows there is no point in watching the lowland league. The best season they had since the leagues introduction and nothing to show for it. Same with the other fans in the top 6 that should have been given the places

Fans of Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Berwick Rangers and East Stirling need to be letting their clubs know that it's unacceptable for them to take cup places handed out through the old boy's network instead of being on merit. A very different scale but on principle this is every bit as grubby as the European super league guff. I know Cowdenbeath fans had a good laugh about their random League Cup place but this is much worse and really, it's not funny. If it happened to my club, 7 years after we were relegated and after we finished 14th, I'd be embarrassed. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Fans of Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Berwick Rangers and East Stirling need to be letting their clubs know that it's unacceptable for them to take cup places handed out through the old boy's network instead of being on merit. A very different scale but on principle this is every bit as grubby as the European super league guff. I know Cowdenbeath fans had a good laugh about their random League Cup place but this is much worse and really, it's not funny. If it happened to my club, 7 years after we were relegated and after we finished 14th, I'd be embarrassed. 

Tbf you can't blame them for accepting it and lying low till the dust settles. Apart from a small group of us here, who really is going to give a shit or remember by October? Still doesn't give them an excuse to whore themselves to the B teams, but that's a completely different matter! 

We all know the SFA/SPFL are a joke, but they've been getting away with it for decades now

Edited by Spyro

Just now, Spyro said:

Tbf you can't blame them for accepting it and lying low till the dust settle.

I can. That's how having integrity works - when you don't do something that benefits you, because you know it isn't right.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Fans of Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Berwick Rangers and East Stirling need to be letting their clubs know that it's unacceptable for them to take cup places ,,,,

Mmmm....nah I won't be! The minimum £5k income is huge to us and once we dispatch whichever abominable B team we're paired with in round 1 it'll be an interesting distraction from more mundane games.