Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

3 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Stirling Uni etc...have two men and a dug support them. How could they possibly last the test of time in L2 also factor in their grounds is that a good look for professional teams in Scotland?

Their ground is already deemed good enough by a professional team in Scotland.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Was it sent to someone we don't know that goes to another school?

Plenty of stuff like this on their socials:

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 18.24.27.png

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 18.24.42.png

Yes there are socials and then there is the official record.  The actual situation is that B teams can’t finish top of the LL as going by your own definition they are disregarded when deciding final league positions  - thus that obviously confirms that Cowden were 8th no matter what school you go to.  That is different from the WoSFL where the issue is that unlicensed teams can win the League and their finishing position is not disregarded.  

Suppose the LL has never really had to worry about "deleting the b teams" from the league member clubs finished 1st and 18th. They can leave the B teams in the "official" table and tell the member clubs in private that they actually finished higher in thier correspondence. 

Issues only really arise if Hearts or Celtic B finish 1st or 18th. Disregarding thier final postion essentially Disregards all the results and points they or thier opponents gain. So they then would have to send the 2nd (or 3rd) place team to the play off(if licenced correctly) or relegate 17th( or 16th).

I like Hearts B and enjoy going to Ainslie Park on a Friday night or even away midweek etc but cards on the table that scenario is a compete clusterf**k. 

12 minutes ago, Dicko23 said:

Suppose the LL has never really had to worry about "deleting the b teams" from the league member clubs finished 1st and 18th. They can leave the B teams in the "official" table and tell the member clubs in private that they actually finished higher in thier correspondence. 

Issues only really arise if Hearts or Celtic B finish 1st or 18th. Disregarding thier final postion essentially Disregards all the results and points they or thier opponents gain. So they then would have to send the 2nd (or 3rd) place team to the play off(if licenced correctly) or relegate 17th( or 16th).

I like Hearts B and enjoy going to Ainslie Park on a Friday night or even away midweek etc but cards on the table that scenario is a compete clusterf**k. 

Your essentially comment is just wrong though - it doesn’t reflect what actually happens.  The rule isn’t that complicated even if it doesn’t suit you

15 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You are trying to split hairs - Cowdenbeath were officially 8th in last season’s table not 10th.  Thus the B teams were effectively removed from the final table - disregarded is just another word for the same concept 

I need to pull you up on this
No the results are not disregarded

Where on the Lowland League website does it say teams are higher as the B teams are missed out?
Season 21/22 has Rangers B and Celtic B in 2nd and 3rd place behind Bonnyrigg Rose.  Thats the official league.   As far as I'm aware, the results at the end of the season are NOT removed but what will happen is that if a B team wins the league then the next licensed team will be put forward as champions.

They wont just wipe out the results of the B teams and for that matter even if they did it will cause conflict as a team, lets say Tranent played Celtic on a Saturday and the Celtic B team are at full strength and smash Tranent then on the Wednesday playing Cumbernauld Colts the B team is pumped due to being at half strength due to players away with first teams etc... that mean the fairness and integrity of the league is compromised if you take their results out.

10 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I need to pull you up on this
No the results are not disregarded

Where on the Lowland League website does it say teams are higher as the B teams are missed out?
Season 21/22 has Rangers B and Celtic B in 2nd and 3rd place behind Bonnyrigg Rose.  Thats the official league.   As far as I'm aware, the results at the end of the season are NOT removed but what will happen is that if a B team wins the league then the next licensed team will be put forward as champions.

They wont just wipe out the results of the B teams and for that matter even if they did it will cause conflict as a team, lets say Tranent played Celtic on a Saturday and the Celtic B team are at full strength and smash Tranent then on the Wednesday playing Cumbernauld Colts the B team is pumped due to being at half strength due to players away with first teams etc... that mean the fairness and integrity of the league is compromised if you take their results out.

Why are you pulling me up on it - I haven’t said their results are disregarded 

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Why are you pulling me up on it - I haven’t said their results are disregarded 

You said:

You are trying to split hairs - Cowdenbeath were officially 8th in last season’s table not 10th.  Thus the B teams were effectively removed from the final table - disregarded is just another word for the same concept

You saying disregarded is another word for the same concept and your saying Cowdenbeath were officially 8th not 10th when they are not and thats official.  Officially Cowdenbeath finished in 10th place.

I'm going to be a barer of bad tiding here

Last season I'm going with 3 other teams who finished round about your points total

Albion Rovers    34  12  10  12  43  36  + 7  46
Cowden             34  12  10  12  55  56  - 1   46
Uni                       34  13   7  14  50  53  - 3  46
Braves                34  12   9  13  47  43  + 4  45

if you take away the results against Celtic B and Hearts B  I work it out at the following:

Albion Rovers    30  12  9   9  39  29  +10  45    7th place
Braves                 30  11   8  11   41  32   + 9  41     8th place
Uni                        30  11   7  12  47  49   -2   40    9th place
Cowden              30  10  8  12  46  49  -3   38    10th place

So in retrospect  Cowdenbeath would still finish in 10th place if the results from the B team were expunged.   More than happy for anyone to check my math and apologies if wrong

23 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You said:

You saying disregarded is another word for the same concept and your saying Cowdenbeath were officially 8th not 10th when they are not and thats official.  Officially Cowdenbeath finished in 10th place.

I'm going to be a barer of bad tiding here

Last season I'm going with 3 other teams who finished round about your points total

if you take away the results against Celtic B and Hearts B  I work it out at the following:

So in retrospect  Cowdenbeath would still finish in 10th place if the results from the B team were expunged.   More than happy for anyone to check my math and apologies if wrong

I am afraid you are wrong Cowdenbeath FC were officially 8th - never mentioned B teams results being expunged so why go there - the club has confirmation of that as a by product of correspondence received on another matter. And no it won’t be published so don’t bother writing ‘Source?’ 

9 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I am afraid you are wrong Cowdenbeath FC were officially 8th - never mentioned B teams results being expunged so why go there - the club has confirmation of that as a by product of correspondence received on another matter. And no it won’t be published so don’t bother writing ‘Source?’ 

😂🤣🤣

This is like someone looking at shite and saying its gold

I don't need to source it, I've worked it out for you and shown you the table

Right, last season, Cowdenbeath finished 10th but your saying they finished 8th

but the figures I've produced if you take away the games against Celtic B and hearts B points deductions etc...  it means that Cowdenbeath still finished 10th

No league in their right mind would expunge teams, namely the B teams but keep their results included.
That alone is one of the funniest things I've ever heard and you say its official but the league want to keep it quiet, no wonder,  its embarrassing. Actually come to think of it, its not embarrassing its one of the daftest things I've  ever heard about league tables

'm going to be a barer of bad tiding here

if you take away the results against Celtic B and Hearts B and remove both Celtic and Hearts from the league then I work it out at the following:

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Genuinely love the fact that the people who come out to defend this league keep showing it is even more tinpot with each post.

9 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

😂🤣🤣

This is like someone looking at shite and saying its gold

I don't need to source it, I've worked it out for you and shown you the table

Right, last season, Cowdenbeath finished 10th but your saying they finished 8th

but the figures I've produced if you take away the games against Celtic B and hearts B points deductions etc...  it means that Cowdenbeath still finished 10th

No league in their right mind would expunge teams, namely the B teams but keep their results included.
That alone is one of the funniest things I've ever heard and you say its official but the league want to keep it quiet, no wonder,  its embarrassing. Actually come to think of it, its not embarrassing its one of the daftest things I've  ever heard about league tables

'm going to be a barer of bad tiding here

if you take away the results against Celtic B and Hearts B and remove both Celtic and Hearts from the league then I work it out at the following:

No-one asked you to take away the results v the B teams - that was never even suggested.  So why bother.  The simple fact is that the final table of the LL for determining league position and most importantly the champion disregards the B teams but not their results as they impact on the other teams.  Technically and officially Cowden were 8th but that’s as far as it goes - if you don’t like that fact then no skin off my nose.  I try to stick to facts that I know and thought it might be helpful to share that knowledge but if others want to misconstrue matters or present their opinions badged as facts then that is entirely up to them a la Trump

Just now, Cowden Cowboy said:

No-one asked you to take away the results v the B teams - that was never even suggested.  So why bother.  The simple fact is that the final table of the LL for determining league position and most importantly the champion disregards the B teams but not their results as they impact on the other teams.  Technically and officially Cowden were 8th but that’s as far as it goes - if you don’t like that fact then no skin off my nose.  I try to stick to facts that I know and thought it might be helpful to share that knowledge but if others want to misconstrue matters or present their opinions badged as facts then that is entirely up to them a la Trump

There's no fact that Cowdenbeath finished in 8th position 🤣🤣.
With all teams including B teams Cowdenbeath finished 10th

If you take away the B teams, you must take away the results as the teams change positions, thus some lose out of it some gain and again, Cowdenbeath finish 10th.

I have helped you out even worked out the table with the games included and then not included.

You would be best to show me some sort of proof that this is true as you say, conveniently you cant source it, aye and no wonder.
its honestly the daftest things I've ever heard.
I can imagine you in a room with Albion Rovers, Caledonian Braves and Stirling Uni supporters telling them you finished in 8th place at their expense  lolool  really is so funny the more i read into it

2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

There's no fact that Cowdenbeath finished in 8th position 🤣🤣.
With all teams including B teams Cowdenbeath finished 10th

If you take away the B teams, you must take away the results as the teams change positions, thus some lose out of it some gain and again, Cowdenbeath finish 10th.

I have helped you out even worked out the table with the games included and then not included.

You would be best to show me some sort of proof that this is true as you say, conveniently you cant source it, aye and no wonder.
its honestly the daftest things I've ever heard.
I can imagine you in a room with Albion Rovers, Caledonian Braves and Stirling Uni supporters telling them you finished in 8th place at their expense  lolool  really is so funny the more i read into it

To even make it more complicated for all our brains

Obviously this will never happen but there's always, 'you never know'

but lets say Celtic B win league, Cowdenbeath finish 2nd and Albion Rovers finish 3rd, both Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath are on same points but Beath have better goal difference so thats how they are 2nd so you take away the B teams.   

and you then say you are champions but during the league Celtic lost to you twice and beat Albion twice that would mean that Albion should be champions if you take away the results and if they weren't, it would be a fecking court case  😵‍💫

The only league placings that matter are those for promotion and relegation. - there are no European places at stake.

Outside of those, does anyone really care? Do even Cowden fans worry about whether they finish 10th or 11th?