Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

Best thing here would be if someone could just start a B team discussion thread for all the folk that want to repeat themselves constantly and get pats on the back all round from their wee gang.

And it would mean that others can easily avoid the thread if they want, and this thread can get back to general stuff like the licence chat which can get lost among the howling.

It feels to me like the engagement and number of posts in the Lowland League forum (on the team threads) is down recently, maybe coincidence, maybe not.

49 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Best thing here would be if someone could just start a B team discussion thread for all the folk that want to repeat themselves constantly and get pats on the back all round from their wee gang.

And it would mean that others can easily avoid the thread if they want, and this thread can get back to general stuff like the licence chat which can get lost among the howling.

It feels to me like the engagement and number of posts in the Lowland League forum (on the team threads) is down recently, maybe coincidence, maybe not.

It's  a LL discussion thread though which sadly B teams are part of. 

Is there no already a B team thread?

Edit: I stand corrected but the same shit appears on different threads. 

Never ending talk about licensing and B teams does become a bore right enough. 

Edited by newcastle broon

9 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I think the licencing system needs reviewed, and I say that as someone who went through the process of obtaining one for a club as well as several annual audits.

Entry level is enough for tier 4 and below IMO and should never have been changed to Bronze for L2, do we really need to mandate for 500 covered spectators, or trained safety officers and club doctors etc for crowds that in many cases are not significantly more than HL/LL/EoS Premier/WoS Premier? IMO no. There needs to be a review after a decade of licencing and some common sense applied to where we are and what is realistically required at these levels.

For example, how often is a licenced safety officer or club doctor required at L2 level, versus lower levels where trained first aiders and physios are deemed sufficient, or the safety officer who has done a basic online course. Why do we need cover for 500 when crowds in L2 are 300-600 in the main?

The original purpose of licencing was "to improve the playing and spectating experience", but I'm not sure many who sit on the licencing sommittee have a grasp of watching football at that level to understand what is required and what isn't.

Bronze is more about being a convenient blocker for L2 than anything else really and so we have clubs who only go part way to achieving it and then hold back.  

I think the standard for bronze should be higher imo not less. 

Perhaps if clubs stopped paying inflated wages and spent more on infrastructure then long term all teams in a healthier place. 

9 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Dry your eyes wee man. You red dotted me a number of times, purely cause I didn't agree with you😀😀

Ditto, don't ever disagree with the burnieman, elephant like memory that man.

Another red dot incoming.

Has anyone else noted how he changes his tune; pretty certain he was pro juniors before the mass migration and now, well you know. 

Now he is pro b teams and staunch supporter of the LL, again a critic before.

I wonder why. 🤔🤔

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

I think the standard for bronze should be higher imo not less. 

Perhaps if clubs stopped paying inflated wages and spent more on infrastructure then long term all teams in a healthier place. 

Junior zealot wants to introduce more impediments to promotion.

Hates Clydebank in particular, everyone who broke away to set up WoSFL, South Challenge Cup which he supports WoSFL clubs boycotting, the Lowland League which he thinks shouldn't exist, and believes anyone who ground shares, plays on astro or doesn't own their ground who shouldn't be allowed in pyramid.

Edited by clansman

18 minutes ago, clansman said:

Junior zealot wants to introduce more impediments to promotion.

Hates Clydebank in particular, everyone who broke away to set up WoSFL, South Challenge Cup which he supports WoSFL clubs boycotting, the Lowland League which he thinks shouldn't exist, and believes anyone who ground shares, plays on astro or doesn't own their ground who shouldn't be allowed in pyramid.

Not a Junior Zealot

I advocate for a better tier 5, absolutely. I don't see why you cant have a 3 league tier 5 with no B teams. For me it should be HL, EoS and WoS at tier 5, the LL teams then get allocated to the prem div of either EoS or WoS wherever they fall.

I fundamentally believe all clubs should be able to host a Saturday match whenever the match secretary casts fixtures without the need to move games across multiple leagues. 

Football at professional level/semi professional level should be played on good quality grass pitches, the argument for the facilities being a "community facility" have a separate community facility for training purposes or youth set up however glorified cages or sports complexes have no place in achieving higher standards or facilities. 

South Challenge Cup if that is to be the biggest non-league cup in Scotland then it's value and significance has to be greater than the Scottish Junior Cup. The prize pot has to be greater. You just need to look at the attendance at the final there 300 fans, the competition has no standing. 

I understand your self-interest as your club play on a shared council funded pitch with an astro. 

To get into the SPFL the standard and requirements need to be higher, I also think the WoS need to have far better entry requirements as well. 

49 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Not a Junior Zealot

I advocate for a better tier 5, absolutely. I don't see why you cant have a 3 league tier 5 with no B teams. For me it should be HL, EoS and WoS at tier 5, the LL teams then get allocated to the prem div of either EoS or WoS wherever they fall.

I fundamentally believe all clubs should be able to host a Saturday match whenever the match secretary casts fixtures without the need to move games across multiple leagues. 

Football at professional level/semi professional level should be played on good quality grass pitches, the argument for the facilities being a "community facility" have a separate community facility for training purposes or youth set up however glorified cages or sports complexes have no place in achieving higher standards or facilities. 

South Challenge Cup if that is to be the biggest non-league cup in Scotland then it's value and significance has to be greater than the Scottish Junior Cup. The prize pot has to be greater. You just need to look at the attendance at the final there 300 fans, the competition has no standing. 

I understand your self-interest as your club play on a shared council funded pitch with an astro. 

To get into the SPFL the standard and requirements need to be higher, I also think the WoS need to have far better entry requirements as well.

Whoops where did the South of Scotland football League just go. 

Improve football by unilateral removal of numerous clubs throughout the pyramid irrespective of football performance just because you don't like Clydebank and the end of West Region SJFA.

Edited by clansman

4 minutes ago, clansman said:

Whoops where did the South of Scotland football League just go. 

Improve football by unilateral removal of numerous clubs throughout the pyramid irrespective of football performance just because you don't like Clydebank and the end of West Region SJFA.

I have never advocated to go back to Juniors. 

SoS league would remain at Tier 6 the standard in SoS does not merit tier 5. Teams in LL would be allocated to tier 5 league either East or West

32 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

SoS league would remain at Tier 6 the standard in SoS does not merit tier 5. Teams in LL would be allocated to tier 5 league either East or West

So where does the winner of the South go ? Do the get to pick from the 3 regions above or just stay where they are as they are not good enough ever in your opinion.

You didn't advocate going back to the Juniors but advocated putting the SJFA Chief Operations Officer in charge of of the WoSF. The same clown who unilaterally withdrew his club from a mandatory competition the South Challenge Cup. 

Just now, clansman said:

So where does the winner of the South go ? Do the get to pick from the 3 regions above or just stay where they are as they are not good enough ever in your opinion.

You didn't advocate going back to the Juniors but advocated putting the SJFA Chief Operations Officer in charge of of the WoSF. The same clown who unilaterally withdrew his club from a mandatory competition the South Challenge Cup. 

The same clown that secured the league sponsorship? Whether he is associated to the Junior association or not, I think he goes about things well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

I was not alone in my opinion that Bamford should have been replaced, a couple of votes the other way would have seen a change. The fact it came as close as a couple of votes demonstrates that nearly 50% of the set up are not in favour of the leadership Bamford offers. 

On 12/09/2024 at 12:48, leaguereformer said:

The club closest to this in the West would be Talbot and Medda, I am sure there main issue is having a doctor at all home games from when they achieve license. I can't see any of WoS teams currently close to this however when you factor in EK at bronze and Caley braves then perhaps some not as far away as it seems. 

I am sure the most likely team to come up this season is Clydebank have quite a bit of work to do to achieve bronze, this includes a new carpet for the pitch and seated provisions along with the doctor required. 

I feel the LL will have many teams trapped for some time. 

It doesnt need a new pitch at this time, its fine, the only people who have commented on this are you and the pollock manager. Did you see the same invisible weather event as him too? We have a club doctor and have access to other doctors should the need arise to provide cover. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It doesnt need a new pitch at this time, its fine, the only people who have commented on this are you and the pollock manager. Did you see the same invisible weather event as him too? We have a club doctor and have access to other doctors should the need arise to provide cover. 

untrue regarding the pitch, one of the committee members of Clydebank commented on their own fans facebook group when a discussion was had over what is required to achieve bronze, they stated pitch is not compliant with bronze level and a resurface would be required. I am sure you will be able to find that post yourself. 

The issue with doctors even if it is a fan insurance needs covered which can be expensive. As soon as you achieve bronze a doctor must be in attendance at all games unless the home team are happy to cover the doctor for both teams. 

Until bronze is required or the realistic chance of promotion to SPFL I personally don't see why you would get it 

34 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

untrue regarding the pitch, one of the committee members of Clydebank commented on their own fans facebook group when a discussion was had over what is required to achieve bronze, they stated pitch is not compliant with bronze level and a resurface would be required. I am sure you will be able to find that post yourself. 

The issue with doctors even if it is a fan insurance needs covered which can be expensive. As soon as you achieve bronze a doctor must be in attendance at all games unless the home team are happy to cover the doctor for both teams. 

Until bronze is required or the realistic chance of promotion to SPFL I personally don't see why you would get it 

Getting a bronze licence may not be insurmountable difficulty you make it out to be if all SPFL can do it plus some Highland and Lowland league teams. Seems to me clubs are holding back until it may be required. 

We haven't reached the Lowland league and I would expect we would be looking to establish ourselves there first should this ever be achieved, rather than plough through it right away. I have more respect for the teams above than you and and those in the west who look up the leagues and bang on about how much better the west is.

I'd defer to the guy who has a wife who is a doctor, over a maniac who stated Clydebank would throw cup ties because Talbot got beat by Lossiemouth in SJFA cup as Talbot would be more focused on league. Besides, as your proclaimed biggest spenders in the league we could take the cost out the money caught down the back of sofas.

Edited by clansman

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

So you have watched every club in the SOS enough times to determine what standard they are at.

You cannot determine a clubs level on cup ties, play-offs or friendlies. It is through constant league games only that proper assessment can be made.

31 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

So you have watched every club in the SOS enough times to determine what standard they are at.

You cannot determine a clubs level on cup ties, play-offs or friendlies. It is through constant league games only that proper assessment can be made.

I have seen my fair share of SoS games also I have seen results with East and West sides against SoS teams. 

You are barking up the wrong tree if you believe the SoS is on a par with WoS prem or EoS prem. You are deluded to suggest otherwise. Look at Threave they haven't achieved back to back promotions which tell you how the strongest SoS team compares in WoS. 

1 minute ago, leaguereformer said:

I have seen my fair share of SoS games also I have seen results with East and West sides against SoS teams. 

You are barking up the wrong tree if you believe the SoS is on a par with WoS prem or EoS prem. You are deluded to suggest otherwise. Look at Threave they haven't achieved back to back promotions which tell you how the strongest SoS team compares in WoS. 

And Bonnyton quickly dropped out the top league.

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

You personally know nothing about the clubs finances or plans for the future.

You just talk utter garbage on a football forum,mostly anti Clydebank nonsense.

Get a life,you are just a sadcase.

6 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

I have never said that, if you read  my posts. Your vision has so many holes in it.

So we have a West and East at Tier 5. I presume there will be a West and East at tier 6, where are the champion club of tier 6 South going; East, West or something else?

The only way forward before anything else occurs is that the South and West are amalgamated. Once that is done then thd pyramid can evolve.

16 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Get used to it. You're here forever now 😉