Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

2 hours ago, Casper Wilson said:

Again, nobody's talking about the Junior Cup. Clubs can choose not to play in it.

But again as you did mention it, the Clubs in the West took a vote and decided to prioritise the Junior Cup.

They also took a vote and decided that the SCC would become non-compulsory.

Do you not believe in democracy?

You come across as a bit of a thick brick. As said before, your West of Scotland league system is no longer run by the SJFC so why live in past times. You are under the umbrella where the South Region Challenge Cup is there for all associated clubs to play in, so why question if you have a choice to play in it? 

If your main focus of a season is playing in the Junior cup, why did your club not stay put 3 years ago. 

Just now, Casey Jones said:

You come across as a bit of a thick brick. As said before, your West of Scotland league system is no longer run by the SJFC so why live in past times. You are under the umbrella where the South Region Challenge Cup is there for all associated clubs to play in, so why question if you have a choice to play in it? 

If your main focus of a season is playing in the Junior cup, why did your club not stay put 3 years ago. 

It's not me that's living in the past. I'll leave Burnieman to that.

I've moved on and wish everyone else would instead of greeting over something they don't want to be involved in but because of their hatred they think nobody else should.

5 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Have I?

Yes, very much so if you think the Southern Counties FA solely host the Scottish Regions Challenge Cup and even bring out the SFA Handbook without reading it properly. 

Even more so when you accuse other people of living in the past when all you do is harp on about the Junior Cup 

7 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Yes, very much so if you think the Southern Counties FA solely host the Scottish Regions Challenge Cup and even bring out the SFA Handbook without reading it properly. 

Even more so when you accuse other people of living in the past when all you do is harp on about the Junior Cup 

I don't think so. Burnieman said it was not a Southern Counties FA Cup.

This clearly shows it is.

And the Junior Cup is clearly not in the past. As much as the handful of haters on here wish it was. It is very much still alive and well.

17 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

I don't think so. Burnieman said it was not a Southern Counties FA Cup.

This clearly shows it is.

And the Junior Cup is clearly not in the past. As much as the handful of haters on here wish it was. It is very much still alive and well.

It isn't... If you were so clued up you would've noticed it's called the South Region Challenge Cup (I was getting mixed up with something else) which you didn't pick up on either. Unlike you though I can own my mistakes. 

Edited by Spyro

33 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

It's not me that's living in the past. I'll leave Burnieman to that.

I've moved on and wish everyone else would instead of greeting over something they don't want to be involved in but because of their hatred they think nobody else should.

I'm the one who proposes abolition of the SJFA in order to move the game forwards. You?

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

It's not a Southern Counties FA competition.   It was an SFA competition and is now run by a four league committee.

You're mixed up with the Southern Counties Challenge Cup, on the go since 1891.

Your right the SCC board has members from the LL, EOS, WOS and SOS.

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

It isn't... If you were so clued up you would've noticed it's called the South Region Challenge Cup (I was getting mixed up with its old name) which you didn't pick up on either. Unlike you though I can own my mistakes. 

I'm positive that I have not made any mistakes to own.

The Cup being referred to is the South Region Challenge Cup, commonly known as the South Challenge Cup or SCC, it is a Southern Counties FA competition as approved by the SFA.

Just as the Cup Winners Shield is also a Southern Counties FA competition.

Please feel free to point out my mistake.

1 hour ago, Casper Wilson said:

image.png.1f4842be7ac8a100d5aa979e35870e88.png

Taken from the SFA Handbook.

Aye, it will for the purposes of accountability fall under a nominated FA, in this case SCFA.   However, it's jointly run by a committee made-up of the LL, EoS, WoS and SoS.  It is not and never has been a competition for the the SoS only, you have never needed to be a member of the SCFA to enter.

10 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I'm the one who proposes abolition of the SJFA in order to move the game forwards. You?

I'm a fan of a club that is a member of the SJFA and hope to see them play in it for many years to come.

I do not have a personal vandetta against any football organisation unlike yourself.

Edited by Casper Wilson

Just now, Casper Wilson said:

I'm a fan of a club that is a member of the SJFA and hope to see them play in it for many years to come.

I do not have a personal vandetta against any football organisation unlike yourself.

There's no personal vandetta, it's the realisation that everyone has moved on to Senior football and the Pyramid, warts and all. The Junior game is the past and clinging to it is harmful to progress, just look at the mess the Junior Cup created at the end of last season in the WoS. Just looks at the discourse about Junior Cup "guest teams".

I'm nowhere near alone in that point of view.

"A fan" aye right.

Just now, Burnieman said:

There's no personal vandetta, it's the realisation that everyone has moved on to Senior football and the Pyramid, warts and all. The Junior game is the past and clinging to it is harmful to progress, just look at the mess the Junior Cup created at the end of last season in the WoS. Just looks at the discourse about Junior Cup "guest teams".

I'm nowhere near alone in that point of view.

"A fan" aye right.

"No personal vandetta" aye right.

14 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

I'm positive that I have not made any mistakes to own.

The Cup being referred to is the South Region Challenge Cup, commonly known as the South Challenge Cup or SCC, it is a Southern Counties FA competition as approved by the SFA.

Just as the Cup Winners Shield is also a Southern Counties FA competition.

Please feel free to point out my mistake.

To be recognised by the SFA they have to be registered somewhere. Neither competition is ran by the SCFA. 

Casper or whoever you are, please do yourself a big favour and stop keeping this topic alive. No matter what you think you know the WOSFL signed up to play in the South Regional Challenge Cup as part of the Constitution and Rules approved by the SFA to allow the league to be set up and become part of the Pyramid. 

The consequence of that is any request to change the Rules  ( such as leagues opting out of said competition  ) need to be agreed not only by the 4 lesgues ( Lowland, East, West , South)   but also the SFA.

Sorry that does not sit well with your typically myopic view of things, including democracy. 

1 hour ago, Casper Wilson said:

I never disputed that.

You're very sensitive and having a nightmare here bud. 

I don't think anybody on here "hates" the Juniors it's just times have moved on.