Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Aye of course, promising young footballers at the biggest clubs in the country are going to essentially throw games (which is what you and the other paranoid boy are implying) to influence something that in the scheme of things is rather unimportant and doesn’t even need a vote at the end of this season as was a multi year deal.

They are really going to jeopardise their career for that…

Of all the pish I’ve read in this thread in the last couple of years this could be the nadir.

I doubt you even believe what you have posted, just reckon you are bored.

It's bonkers, even by P&B standards.

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Perhaps you can spell out the "blatant issue" with integrity as things stand because I can't see one.

So having teams involved in a league who are only there via a vote, who's results don't matter to their own league position as they can't be promoted or relegated and are excluded from the final league standings (according to the document), but are playing teams who's results against them count towards their own league points tally and can influence promotion and relegation is perfectly normal? 

17 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Perhaps you can spell out the "blatant issue" with integrity as things stand because I can't see one.

One issue amongst many is that currying favour amongst at least 50% of League opponents is way more consequential than a B-team's position in the league.

3 minutes ago, Spyro said:

So having teams involved in a league who are only there via a vote, who's results don't matter to their own league position as they can't be promoted or relegated and are excluded from the final league standings (according to the document), but are playing teams who's results against them count towards their own league points tally and can influence promotion and relegation is perfectly normal? 

No it's not normal and is unusual, but to suggest that it then leads on to questionable activity is bonkers.   I'd refute that B teams do anything other than try to win games or play their stongest available XI's. 

"Guest teams" is pish.  They should either be full members of the LL or not be in there at all.  The halfway house situation for this long isn't acceptable.  However they are in and that won't change before end of next season at the earliest. What should be happening meantime is what to do about reserve football in Scotland, the recent SFA report is going to gather dust just like the rest and we'll stumble on with half-cocked solutions that benefit nobody.

Just now, welshbairn said:

One issue amongst many is that currying favour amongst at least 50% of League opponents is way more consequential than a B-team's position in the league.

Who's trying to curry favour and in what way?

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Who's trying to curry favour and in what way?

If they don't keep half the league onside they're oot, I'd have thought that was obvious, by 2026 anyway.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

That didn't answer my question.

You mean apart from the cash and influence over Cup invitations and sponsorship? Who knows, but it's a pretty well existential motivation given that they can't conceive of playing reserve football.

48 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

No you're making stuff up again.  I've explained my position and I've been consistent with that. I have not been cheerleader of anything, however if not joining in the pish that's been spouted on here about B teams and correcting myths, then I'm guilty.

Maybe you need to take a step back and a deep breath and think about what you're posting and stop making shit up and accusing me of stuff I didn't say.

The Spyro boy is all over the place, he needs to take a break, or at least get his stories straight.

He said at the weekend that I was always replying to his posts, when in fact I had posted a brief reply to one of his posts in recent months and that was it. 🤣

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You mean apart from the cash and influence over Cup invitations and sponsorship? Who knows, but it's a pretty well existential motivation given that they can't conceive of playing reserve football.

Are you saying Hearts B and Celtic B have influence over cup invitations?  🤣

3 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

The Spyro boy is all over the place, he needs to take a break, or at least get his stories straight.

He said at the weekend that I was always replying to his posts, when in fact I had posted a brief reply to one of his posts in recent months and that was it. 🤣

I get that B teams aren't everyone's cup of tea, but making up conspiracy shite really is a whole new level of batshit 🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

You blue Brazilians all look like smurfs after a while, he probably got you mixed up with someone else. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You blue Brazilians all look like smurfs after a while, he probably got you mixed up with someone else. :rolleyes:

Nah, he's just got a selective memory and would rather engage in personal insults rather than discussing the actual issues people have with the league. I only posted once in ages but he chooses to claim that he hasn't jumped on pretty much one of my posts in this section since I called his team a bunch of hypocrites and sell-outs

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Maybe you need to take a step back and a deep breath and think about what you're posting and stop making shit up and accusing me of stuff I didn't say.

To be fair you were once the biggest pro Junior activist on here and now you seem to like B teams in the league.

They were here for ONE season .

Everyone seems to forget that. :whistle

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

To be fair you were once the biggest pro Junior activist on here and now you seem to like B teams in the league.

They were here for ONE season .

Everyone seems to forget that. :whistle

I was pro-Pyramid, my avatar is a clue.

B teams shouldn't have been parachuted into the LL at all, but they were and here we are.

Anyway this isn't about me.  People are entitled to their opinions but coming out with mad conspiracy stuff to justify their dislike for B teams shouldn't pass without comment.

You do have to wonder what the next move will be from the SPFL/SFA after their Conference league proposal was kyboshed.

They don’t usually just let these kind of things go and I wouldn’t be surprised if the plan was brought back with a couple of changes and a few palms greased.

4 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Thanks for the laughs guys, really enjoyed this wee spat.

Anyone else think burnieman could be or already is a politician. His grasp of spinning is elite level.

As much as I tend to disagree with him he is allowed to change his opinion on issues. We all do, I know I have.

I haven't changed my opinion.