Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

On 06/09/2022 at 09:49, gretnascotty said:

Yes there are 3 players from south west scotland & the others are all based in the edinburgh area and train once a week up there.

When we picked-up a few of our players in Livingston on the way to Hawick Royal Albert, there was a mini-bus in the layby picking up players as well. Gretna players.

Did anyone watch the open goal broomhill documentary covering pre season etc? No link from me to the lowland league so watching it as a neutral I actually really enjoyed it and thought it was well made. Say what you want about Si Ferry but he comes across as a young, passionate and very knowledgeable manager who could go higher. Just my opinion of course 

59 minutes ago, Elgin Macca said:

Did anyone watch the open goal broomhill documentary covering pre season etc? No link from me to the lowland league so watching it as a neutral I actually really enjoyed it and thought it was well made. Say what you want about Si Ferry but he comes across as a young, passionate and very knowledgeable manager who could go higher. Just my opinion of course 

No.

Maybe he would be a good manager but would he leave the podcast.

13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Publicity stunt or credit where credits due......

Makes you wonder how they’re funded if they can afford to lose gate money, not that they have much of a support anyway. Not the best of grounds to go watch a game either.

17 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

That's all games postponed this weekend (and likely next weekend as well for the funeral). I'd have thought ploughing on with the TheTradeRadiator.com South Challenge Cup Second Round would be a great mark of respect for the Queen, but it is what it is 

Next week will be on, the funeral won’t be til Monday.

4 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Next week will be on, the funeral won’t be til Monday.

We all hope that but even if the funeral is on Monday then I have serious doubts that our "overlords" wont just call it all off next week as well.

It was the opening weekend of the English rugby union schedule, and the cricket was a standalone test match that didn't have any practical issues associated with it (aside from having a touring side already in the country, who had been here since July anyway).