Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye someone posted that.

Saw that after I'd posted. 😁😊 Was there Thurs night at Abbey Vale game, Vale won 3-2 and at end of the game a number of the Star boys were physically and mentally drained. They have 2 league games left with a winner takes all finale at Creetown still to be rearranged.

I don't think they will beat Broxburn, but hopefully will give them a game at the very least.

I am the first to admit the standard in the SOS is not what it is in EOS and WOS, what I will say is that all the boys I watch across the league love playing and play with honesty.

On 26/04/2024 at 20:26, GordonS said:

1) Buckie get removed from the play-offs

2) EK beat Club 42

3) EK are excluded from entry to the SPFL because it is found that their doctor is actually a vet or their diversity plan is antisemitic or something.

4) Applying the League Cup Precedent, Cowdenbeath are invited to take the SPFL place - which was the plan aaaaall along.

This is actually less mental than some of the stuff on the conspiracy theories thread.

Genuinely can't see a problem in any of that.

Hopefully Rangers B and Hibs B can get in the LL.

On 26/04/2024 at 20:26, GordonS said:

1) Buckie get removed from the play-offs

2) EK beat Club 42

3) EK are excluded from entry to the SPFL because it is found that their doctor is actually a vet or their diversity plan is antisemitic or something.

4) Applying the League Cup Precedent, Cowdenbeath are invited to take the SPFL place - which was the plan aaaaall along.

This is actually less mental than some of the stuff on the conspiracy theories thread.

I have it on good authority the Buckie decision by the SPFL is the precursor for Edin City, Bonnyrigg & Spartans to be turfed out for various rule breaches and will be replaced by Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath and Berwick Rangers.

25 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I have it on good authority the Buckie decision by the SPFL is the precursor for Edin City, Bonnyrigg & Spartans to be turfed out for various rule breaches and will be replaced by Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath and Berwick Rangers.

Would you like to provide such evidence?

On 26/04/2024 at 22:46, Burnieman said:

All correct until 4)   It's Hearts B as runners-up, not Cowdenbeath.

You're not applying the League Cup Precedent, which says that whenever there's a vacancy in a competition the answer is Cowdenbeath. It's not the worst idea, it saves time on arguments. 

22 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Would fancy EK to beat Stranraer as well. Fun first away trip but the novelty will soon wear off.

I was down that way yesterday, for the ferry to Belfast to watch the rugby. I love that road and part of the world and would rather have another reason to go there once a year than to East Kilbride, Hamilton or Midlothian. Accommodation is pretty cheap in Galloway and the southernmost part of Ayrshire, it's a great area for a long weekend with family.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

You're not applying the League Cup Precedent, which says that whenever there's a vacancy in a competition the answer is Cowdenbeath. It's not the worst idea, it saves time on arguments. 

De Acuerdo Agree GIF

On 26/04/2024 at 09:59, welshbairn said:

You don't actually need a Doctor at every game, a medically qualified person like a paramedic or nurse will do, but you need a doctor signed up and in the background.

Only in ‘exceptional circumstances’. But I’ve said elsewhere that I think it’s bizarre that there needs to be a doctor in attendance at matches in case there’s an injury to players. 

11 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Only in ‘exceptional circumstances’. But I’ve said elsewhere that I think it’s bizarre that there needs to be a doctor in attendance at matches in case there’s an injury to players. 

The SFA aren't going to investigate a doctor who says he's had to visit a patient, or just an unavoidable shift. Tick the boxes and get on with it is what they want. I don't think any club have lost their license anyway, despite some proper pish taking from the likes of Fort William.

Edited by welshbairn

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The SFA aren't going to investigate a doctor who says he's had to visit a patient, or just an unavoidable shift. Tick the boxes and get on with it is what they want. I don't think any club have lost their license anyway, despite some proper pish taking from the likes of Fort William.

They aren't going to investigate a doctor,  They will investigate a club if on 20 occasions your club doctor wasn't available.

Losing a licence, maybe not, but quite a few  clubs have been downgraded and that's the danger if you try and game a bronze licence. 

Premiere Sports Cup

The SPFL has today invited Highland League winners Buckie Thistle, Highland League runners-up Brechin City, and Lowland League winners East Kilbride to join next season’s competition.

This follows last season's competition, when the champions of the Lowland League and Highland League, plus one additional Lowland League club, were invited to participate. 

Once confirmed, the clubs will be added to the draw for the group stage of next year’s competition, which will take place on Wednesday 29 May at 1.00pm.

10 minutes ago, Burnsythebinman said:

Premiere Sports Cup

The SPFL has today invited Highland League winners Buckie Thistle, Highland League runners-up Brechin City, and Lowland League winners East Kilbride to join next season’s competition.

This follows last season's competition, when the champions of the Lowland League and Highland League, plus one additional Lowland League club, were invited to participate. 

Once confirmed, the clubs will be added to the draw for the group stage of next year’s competition, which will take place on Wednesday 29 May at 1.00pm.

So they have been invited to a SPFL competition with no Bronze license? At least they could be consistent with their decisions. I’ve no axe to grind with any of the clubs being invited, it just seems to be inconsistent decision making by the SPFL, further evidenced by the fact they didn’t invite last year’s LL runner up, Stirling Uni.

Edited by To B or not B

21 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

So they have been invited to a SPFL competition with no Bronze license? At least they could be consistent with their decisions. I’ve no axe to grind with any of the clubs being invited, it just seems to be inconsistent decision making by the SPFL, further evidenced by the fact they didn’t invite last year’s LL runner up, Stirling Uni.

Be even more interesting given there are midweek fixtures in that competition and Buckie don't have floodlights 

1 minute ago, jaggyness said:

Be even more interesting given there are midweek fixtures in that competition and Buckie don't have floodlights 

I think they do have floodlights, it’s part of entry level criteria.

6 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

They do and their upgraded lamps have just arrived for fitting.

37 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

ALL HL Clubs have floodlights. It is a stipulation of being in that league.

1 hour ago, To B or not B said:

No it is entirely consistent -  they invited the last club that were previously in the SPFL and now in Highland League to participate - last season that was the case for the Lowland League.  It also isn’t the case that these form precedents for the next season.  It’s also debatable as to whether Stirling Uni could be deemed as runners up in 2022/23 

4 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No it is entirely consistent -  they invited the last club that were previously in the SPFL and now in Highland League to participate - last season that was the case for the Lowland League.  It also isn’t the case that these form precedents for the next season.  It’s also debatable as to whether Stirling Uni could be deemed as runners up in 2022/23 

Why state they have invited the HL runners up then?? Its not really difficult re the Uni, they were the next member club, therefore runners up, as going by the rules B teams don’t count.

1 minute ago, To B or not B said:

Why state they have invited the HL runners up then?? Its not really difficult re the Uni, they were the next member club, therefore runners up, as going by the rules B teams don’t count.

It's an invite. Not a qualification. The SPFL can make up their own rules just like the Lowland League.