Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

29 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t know how I feel about this, there’s been a mental stooshie the last 24 hours, it’s all gone bonkers in tier 5, and to my knowledge no one has blamed Cowdenbeath yet. Strange times we are living in.

1) Buckie get removed from the play-offs

2) EK beat Club 42

3) EK are excluded from entry to the SPFL because it is found that their doctor is actually a vet or their diversity plan is antisemitic or something.

4) Applying the League Cup Precedent, Cowdenbeath are invited to take the SPFL place - which was the plan aaaaall along.

This is actually less mental than some of the stuff on the conspiracy theories thread.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

2) EK beat Club 42

3) EK are excluded from entry to the SPFL because it is found that their doctor is actually a vet or their diversity plan is antisemitic or something.

4) Applying the League Cup Precedent, Cowdenbeath are invited to take the SPFL place - which was the plan aaaaall along.

This is actually less mental than some of the stuff on the conspiracy theories thread.

Doesn’t seem at all far fetched, I endorse 😀

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

2) EK beat Club 42

All correct until 4)   It's Hearts B as runners-up, not Cowdenbeath.

Bonnyrigg Rose safe given their goal difference.

Last games are Elgin v Clyde (7th v 9th) and Stranraer v Stenhousemuir (10th v 1st)

Looks grim for Stranraer but....

If Stranraer win and Clyde lose. Clyde are club 42.

If Stranraer win by 3 goals (3-0, 4-1 etc) and Clyde draw, Clyde are club 42.

Edited by Deanburn Dave

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Can’t say I’m thrilled with the prospect of Stranraer dropping down. Hoped it might have been a club with a decent travelling support. Oh well.

I'd prefer them than Clyde who I think would do a mini EK and out spend the rest of us, don't think Stranraer would do the same. In comparison to other LL sides the Blues have a decent travelling support a lot of them live in the central belt.

Edited by cowdenbeath

13 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

That Gretna score shows how poor the standard of the south must be given Star can still win it.

I think everyone knows the standard ain't great, but a minor cup game when you're going for a league title is hardly a priority.

Winning on Wednesday against Wigtown & Bladnoch gives them the edge in the title race, but still means going away to their title rival Creetown in a game they can't afford to lose.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think everyone knows the standard ain't great, but a minor cup game when you're going for a league title is hardly a priority.

Winning on Wednesday against Wigtown & Bladnoch gives them the edge in the title race, but still means going away to their title rival Creetown in a game they can't afford to lose.

Didn't know they had changed their whole side.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Didn't know they had changed their whole side.

I didn't know for sure until I checked. They've been working through a fixture backlog so it seemed like a good chance.

They've just gone Tues-Thurs-Saturday with Wednesday around the corner.

57 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

That Gretna score shows how poor the standard of the south must be given Star can still win it.

Not saying for a moment Star, or Creetown will be favourites in a playoff, but just to put some meat on the bones.

Star put out what was basically a 2nd XI, today. Bigger games to come next week after having played 4 games in 8 days.

2 league games remaining 4 pts required to win title.

1 minute ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Not saying for a moment Star, or Creetown will be favourites in a playoff, but just to put some meat on the bones.

Star put out what was basically a 2nd XI, today. Bigger games to come next week after having played 4 games in 8 days.

Aye someone posted that.

4 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

6 teenagers and an average age of 20.