Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

So is it;

League Cup: EK and Bo'ness Utd

SPFL Trophy: EK, Bo'ness, Cumbernauld and Tranent (plus the B teams)

Not necessarily.  It depends entirely on the old pals act.  Cowdenbeath got in last year without merit.  It is shameful that it isn't clear at a season's end.

3 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Not necessarily.  It depends entirely on the old pals act.  Cowdenbeath got in last year without merit.  It is shameful that it isn't clear at a season's end.

Clubs like bomess who don't own their ground and pay a peppercorn rent should get f**k all.

Bunch of freeloaders.

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

the "diddy outfits" of Whitehill Vale of Leithen and Ed Uni play against former strong junior clubs. It's always going to be difficult for the relegated East Region LL side. 

Add Hawick and Preston to that. Not a single relegated side from the east is even in the EoS Premier. 

Also telling that Threave went down, were largely a top two side in the South, but can’t get out of West Division 3

4 hours ago, Derry Pele said:

Add Hawick and Preston to that. Not a single relegated side from the east is even in the EoS Premier. 

Also telling that Threave went down, were largely a top two side in the South, but can’t get out of West Division 3

I could be wrong but im sure WW Vale and Threave all had to source their own funding just to keep a license. Its difficult getting a players budget with that going on in the background so no real surprise they've been struggling. 

Maybe one of the reasons so few West teams are licensed. :whistle

30 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I could be wrong but im sure WW Vale and Threave all had to source their own funding just to keep a license. Its difficult getting a players budget with that going on in the background so no real surprise they've been struggling. 

NB  would delete this post immediately, you don't want to open up that particular pandora's box, once the westies have you in their sights it's all over. Insanity is the only option open to one at that point. 😉😉😉

4 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

NB  would delete this post immediately, you don't want to open up that particular pandora's box, once the westies have you in their sights it's all over. Insanity is the only option open to one at that point. 😉😉😉

It wasn't meant as a dig at the West clubs. Was more meant clubs don't have resourcing to get licensed. 

7 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Already sorted, Cowden are again invited into the Viaplay Cup and in addition. The Europa Conference. Can’t wait !

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

It wasn't meant as a dig at the West clubs. Was more meant clubs don't have resourcing to get licensed. 

Aye I knew that mate. If you read some of the threads on the West Forum, they can start off rational then quickly fall off the cliff careering all the way down to total batshit crazy ville and just keep going. Don't want you getting mixed up with they sorts. 🤣🤣🤣

44 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Being polite here.

You seriously thinking anybody from the old West Juniors gives an eff about the LL.

It's still the 1950s in that forum 😀😀😀

33 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Being polite here.

You seriously thinking anybody from the old West Juniors gives an eff about the LL.

It's still the 1950s in that forum 😀😀😀

That thread over there titled ‘Junior takeover’ is mental, complete mayhem, I don’t understand half of what is going on there. 🤣

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

That thread over there titled ‘Junior takeover’ is mental, complete mayhem, I don’t understand half of what is going on there. 🤣

If you Google multi universe theory and take it from there.

The scary part is in the old West Junior world this is real.

A league set up to run parallel with the LL.

I don't think they even want to play the the LL winners in a play off.

They'll probably except a play off with Club 42 although not Bonnyrigg Rose because BR belong in the East in some sort of wormhole where there is no Junior Cup.

Nobel Peace Prize up for grabs is you can figure this one out.

54 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

If you Google multi universe theory and take it from there.

The scary part is in the old West Junior world this is real.

A league set up to run parallel with the LL.

I don't think they even want to play the the LL winners in a play off.

They'll probably except a play off with Club 42 although not Bonnyrigg Rose because BR belong in the East in some sort of wormhole where there is no Junior Cup.

Nobel Peace Prize up for grabs is you can figure this one out.

Laughing  my head off at this , totally  brilliant 👏 

10 hours ago, Burnieman said:

So is it;

League Cup: EK and Bo'ness Utd

SPFL Trophy: EK, Bo'ness, Cumbernauld and Tranent (plus the B teams)

9 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Surely it's the Highland League's "turn" to get the extra team in the League Cup anyway? And that will work out nicely for the cartel since they can do their pals at Brechin a favour.

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I wouldn’t put WW in the same basket as the other two tbf. They were always a viable LL club till Bonnyrigg joined the pyramid and quickly became the giant club in Midlothian, just 2 miles down the road. Over 1000 at their game yesterday. That was the nail in the coffin for me, plus old stalwarts dying off, starting with Derek. In a sliding doors moment, it could have been Nitten in the SPFL as they were the big team in Midlothian for years but they fell away and actually went down from the EOS Premier along with WW.