Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

13 minutes ago, lowenan said:

image.thumb.png.d50ff32854819d0fd8b6c82047fabebd.png

The team in 9th had the best defence and the teams in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 8th and 12th all conceded exactly the same number of goals (43). Tranent can join them if they concede one in their final game. And it's the same number of goals that the team with the best defence scored.

Coincidence? Yes.

How does relegation work from the LL? I assumed Edinburgh Uni were down to be replaced by winner of the west/east/south playoffs but Gretna still may go down? 

edit: just seen it depends on Buckie winning promotion

Edited by cultured_left_foot

5 minutes ago, cultured_left_foot said:

How does relegation work from the LL? I assumed Edinburgh Uni were down to be replaced by winner of the west/east/south playoffs but Gretna still may go down? 

Edinburgh Uni are gone never to return.

Very very slowly the LL is being divested of the diddy outfits.

7 minutes ago, cultured_left_foot said:

Forget the West.

They ain't interested in the LL.

37 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Forget the West.

They ain't interested in the LL.

Out of the three presumed tier 6 winners (Beith, Broxburn and Dalbeattie), only two can enter the playoff (I think) and for once the South team might not get trounced. 

In terms of the other playoff, Stranraer and Clyde both drew today while Bonnyrigg lost. So the three teams are separated by three points with two games remaining. Assuming they beat Buckie, do you think EK will fancy themselves against all of them?

Edited by Derry Pele

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

What's the play off dates please ?

Next 4 Saturdays

EK v Buckie this Saturday ......then.....

Buckie v EK.......then.....

Buckie or EK v Club 42 ......then......

Club 42 v Buckie or EK.

43 minutes ago, Derry Pele said:

Out of the three presumed tier 6 winners (Beith, Broxburn and Dalbeattie), only two can enter the playoff (I think) and for once the South team might not get trounced. 

In terms of the other playoff, Stranraer and Clyde both drew today while Bonnyrigg lost. So the three teams are separated by three points with two games remaining. Assuming they beat Buckie, do you think EK will fancy themselves against all of them?

I'll believe in EK Dodgy when i see them winning the play offs.

14 hours ago, Derry Pele said:

15 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Edinburgh Uni are gone never to return.

Very very slowly the LL is being divested of the diddy outfits.

This is where the pyramid flaws.

Teams like Dalbeattie and Gretna get to play in a far inferior league giving them a much stronger chance of winning it and a two legged play off against the East or West champs for a straight return to the LL whereas your "diddy outfits" of Whitehill Vale of Leithen and Ed Uni play against former strong junior clubs. It's always going to be difficult for the relegated East Region LL side. 

It is what it is though and I can't see promotion/relegation changing anytime soon.

Edited by newcastle broon

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Out of interest who are the current "diddy outfits" ?

Edinburgh University and Gretna 2008 by the looks of it.

Was only a matter of time before one or both went down.

Btw a diddy club to me is those that get relegated out the LL and then crash through the EoSfl leagues or arrive in the Sosfl never to return.

Respect for any Club that goes down and returns the following season, we've yet to see that since the pyramid opened up to a degree.

16 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

I'd add Broomhill (version 3 I think we're on now) and Caley Braves to that list purely on account of being weird.

Broomhill sports club used their connections at the SFA to grab a LL place.

The then bossman at the Scottish Junior FA saw the danger to his nice wee earner and led the simple Simons in the Juniors off a cliff. That opened the door to glorified Boys Clubs getting best part of a decade of a start.

Kelty Hearts climbed up and blew it open and the rest is history.

Btw the off the wall brigade in the old Juniors are still hoping to start a league at pyramid level 5. Talk about deluded.

They're like old Jacobite supporters waiting on the King over the water.

😀😀😀

36 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Another B team yes voting club gone. Every cloud and all that.

B teams already in for the next 3 seasons, by that time hopefully there's a long term solution.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

B teams already in for the next 3 seasons, by that time hopefully there's a long term solution.

Aye that's done and dusted, but hopefully in three years time it'll be a minority trying to push the agenda for a few quid.

Just now, Nicholas Rage said:

Aye that's done and dusted, but hopefully in three years time it'll be a minority trying to push the agenda for a few quid.

Unless there's some sort of agreeable solution, if it goes to a vote in 3 years time I think the B teams will be gone.

4 hours ago, lowenan said:

image.thumb.png.d50ff32854819d0fd8b6c82047fabebd.png

The play-offs begin kick off next week with Tranent playing Celtic-B, but only for the mere consolation of 5th place!

Only made it one one match this season - Edinburgh Uni v Celtic-B good ground so a shame they are down although probably deserved.