Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, lowenan said:

Good chance of 15th and 16th advancing on the table as well. What a wonderful league this will be in a season or two.

Going to be a very competitive league from top to bottom soon. Would be good to have more than 1 promotion/play off place as well. God knows how they’d go about that though.

image.png.48e83318535445de158d61c1f5ef00d6.png

That pesky glorified boys club from Cumbernauld having themselves a season. Can't think of a worse way to celebrate 4000 games played than losing to the thrall corpse of whatever the feck Broomhill are. Edinburgh Uni with a big win against the other side fancied to finish bottom.

Edited by GNU_Linux

No disrespect to the supporters of Edinburgh Uni and Gretna 2008 but once they both go down the Lowland League really will be very tight at both ends of the table and far better league for it.

You could have an ex SPFL club in Albion Rovers, East Stirling or Berwick Rangers in particular going down to West / East of Scotland leagues. I know Cowdenbeath also another but I think when EK go up they may then go for a promotion push & seem okay... as literally no point for them spending big cash at moment although Cumbernauld Colts are doing amazing to challenge EK / Tranent / Bo'ness.

I know at the moment it is tight between Edinburgh Uni & Gretna but a big game to 16th spot and I don't expect either team to even get to 13 points or get close to challenge 16th.

Edited by Shannon

1 hour ago, Shannon said:

No disrespect to the supporters of Edinburgh Uni and Gretna 2008 but once they both go down the Lowland League really will be very tight at both ends of the table and far better league for it.

You could have an ex SPFL club in Albion Rovers, East Stirling or Berwick Rangers in particular going down to West / East of Scotland leagues. I know Cowdenbeath also another but I think when EK go up they may then go for a promotion push & seem okay... as literally no point for them spending big cash at moment although Cumbernauld Colts are doing amazing to challenge EK / Tranent / Bo'ness.

I know at the moment it is tight between Edinburgh Uni & Gretna but a big game to 16th spot and I don't expect either team to even get to 13 points or get close to challenge 16th.

Certainly wouldn't surprise me to see an ex-SPFL club go down in the next few years. I think it would definitely happen if relegation opened up more/if there was at least one guaranteed relegation spot each season. East Stirling are probably one of the favourites to go down when Gretna and Edinburgh Uni are finally out of the league (we might not even see one of them go down this year the way Elgin/Forfar are doing so far).