First Divison 22/23

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Sportsfield is in beautiful Kilsyth. Athletic have sole use I believe. Been working on the pavilion first getting that up to some sort of standard. Will be interesting to see if any work done over summer. Yeah Huntershill has its limitations and the council are not exactly proactive.

Stepford for Easterhouse seems to be run or assisted by Fare Scotland and have seen small but welcome upgrades there.

My main point is that for me the new clubs are to be encouraged. They are after all the future of the game and some have been involved in their communities for a number of decades now.

Quietly smiled at that last sentence.

There's more than a few folks on here quoting their clubs being around in three different centuries never mind decades and at the same level.

I'll admit it's fascinating to watch a rerun of the origins of football in the West being played out in real time.

Teams being formed and ceasing to exist in a year or two, amalgamations, money problems or just plain personality clashes. 2 clubs playing it out in the one area like an Abercorn v St Mirren. Or the four or is it five incarnations of Clydebank.

You could replace Harmony Row for Linthouse or Rossvale for a Cowlairs or Northern, maybe even a Caledonian 3rd Rifles for a Caldonian Thistle.

Here's to the two Kilsyth clubs being around in 2223.

23 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Quietly smiled at that last sentence.

There's more than a few folks on here quoting their clubs being around in three different centuries never mind decades and at the same level.

I'll admit it's fascinating to watch a rerun of the origins of football in the West being played out in real time.

Teams being formed and ceasing to exist in a year or two, amalgamations, money problems or just plain personality clashes. 2 clubs playing it out in the one area like an Abercorn v St Mirren. Or the four or is it five incarnations of Clydebank.

You could replace Harmony Row for Linthouse or Rossvale for a Cowlairs or Northern, maybe even a Caledonian 3rd Rifles for a Caldonian Thistle.

Here's to the two Kilsyth clubs being around in 2223.

First mate apologies for no replying. Not only do you get up early as a horse dad, you get home real late. Oh and up early again next morning to muck the buggers out and feed them. Horse's eat and eat and shit, a lot.

Totally agree would hate if football was the same now as it was in the beginning. One reason I'm so done with the SPFL which is a stale, expired product.

Think its great Darvel are shaking up the establishment, and looking forward to next season watching potentially Gartcairn, Drum and St.Cads mixing it up there. Along with the recently promoted teams from Div 4 strutting their stuff against some good old ex-joonyurs. 

Had almost stopped watching live football, but got time to go to the Threave v Kilsyth Ath game at Meadow Park in Sept., main reason was being a youth coach in Scumbie/Kilsyth for years had watched and trained a number of The boys playing for KA and also all the coaching staff so wanted to see how they shaped up against a trad team full of seasoned players.

I was reinvigorated and have now become, God save or forgive me, a bit of a groundhopper. 😖

For me the tail end of the junior set up was getting stale and needed a revamp.

The WOSFL it could be argued is the most vibrant set up in Scottish Football.

And a big part of that is down to the new clubs being allowed in.

Some will fail, some will flourish, some will merely exist. That's how it should be. Always hated the expression 'that's how it's always been'. 

Not for me thanks.

19 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Still all to play for at the top of the league.

5 teams still looking for those 3 promotion spots.

Gartcairn winning 4-1 tonight at Rossvale.

Rossvale may or may not be known as Caledonian Thistle come July.

Can you expand on the last comment?

I took in the St Cadocs Vs  Gartcairn game at New Tinto

Gartcairn went in deservedly 1.0 at half time from a superb goal from their winger out of the left who took advantage of a slip by the St Cadocs player as he cut inside the penalty area to curl a superb goal past the keeper in the top right corner.
Second half was end to end although not as many chances as I had hoped as both teams breaking down in the opposition penalty area when attacking.   Gartcairn looked more compose don the ball, St Cadocs liked to push but both teams lost the ball when they tired to force the ball/pass etc.. During game, Gartcairn lost a few influential players and a mistake by the Gartcairn keeper flattened the forward and ref quite rightly gave a penalty which was coolly slotted home.  Impetus was on St Cadocs who then pushed and pushed in the sun and definitely looked the fitter of the two but with a minute to go, good harassing ended in a melee and the ball ricocheted off both defender and keeper for the forward to slot home for the winner.

I don't think anyone would have complained with a draw the way the game was going but Gartcain will take that, especially with Drumchapel, and Benburb both losing at the top.

Enjoyable game

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

14 minutes ago, Johnny Sox said:
1 hour ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Same at the other end, every team up to 6th still in danger of going down

Can't believe Shotts are in danger of going down, crazy 

I watched the Gartcairn V Shotts game last night and to be honest Shotts impressed me and I'm totally confused how they are where they are at the bottom end of the league.  Gartcairn won the game 1.0 taking them to top of the table but Shotts constantly took the game to the Cairn team and their forward players with his powerful long throw was an extra attacking advantage.  I'd say Shotts tried to close down Gartcairns threats and did well, although Gartcairn were changed due to injuries.  The ref in the first half spoiled the game for both sides but more so Gartcairn but it was attakcing end to end and I will say as Gartcairn are a team who like to play out from defense but last night they kicked the ball long in the first half on nearly most occasions or was it MADE to do so down to Shotts layout when Gartcairn had the ball.   

As I said before, I'm surprised they are at the bottom end of the table

My first visit to Kirbirnie today and was expecting a home win. I watched them destroy Drumchapel at the end of Feb but not sure what has happened since. Poor from them today against a Johnstone Burgh side who deserved their away win. 3 great goals in the game, Kilbirnie almost snatched a late point but the Burgh keeper tipped an effort onto the crossbar. Looks like the end of Kilbirnie's hopes of promotion. 

Edited by sel0975