First Divison 22/23

36 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Maybe turn this round a bit.

The reason why I mention the top Division sides fans is they'd very quickly cry foul on here.

Btw, respect to the Shotts Bon Accord blazer who gave the game away where the secret lavvies are and how the licence would get the green light.

Paul Daniels would be proud of the smoke and mirrors these guys conjure up.

What are you on about?

I was at a game and made an assumption that any facilities were in the cabins behind the goals. It's not rocket science.

Maybe there aren't any and it's a big conspiracy.

Now I think about it. A woman came round handing out leftover sandwiches and ignored me...but I didn't have my blazer on!

1 hour ago, Johnny Sox said:

The rules are bollocks, grand places like Bellsdale and Newlandsfield behind pop up places like Gartcairn and Bonnyton

Bit harsh on Bonnyton as I thought their ground was not bad.

Decent cover and you can get a pie and a beer in the cabins behind the goal 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sox said:

The rules are bollocks, grand places like Bellsdale and Newlandsfield behind pop up places like Gartcairn and Bonnyton

This I really agree with , bellsdale of course has its flaws with no floodlights as of yet plus our slope but you can get a pie and a piss without having to leave the vicinity of  a cage and go on a wetherspoon pub like mission to fulfill a basic human need at a sports centre that's not even affiliated to the ground in question,  totally get that my club never met the ground requirement to go into a play off to a ' higher level ' but surely likewise these clubs with cages should be meeting basic requirements to gain entry  into the super west premier division. 

As for newlandsfield not being held in as high esteem as these cages then it's a total nonsense,  newlandsfield is a great non league venue .

2 hours ago, Johnny Sox said:

I thought there was a criteria for minimum ground requirements?Who makes the rules for the grounds facility wise? Are these are readily accessible?

Surely its the West League Authorities who are basically fans like all of us.

Been to The Synergy a few times and don't see the issues with it. The 'cage' is far enough away to not be an issue.

As far as I'm aware the facilities are in the main club house up behind the goal. Is that too far?

The MTC not been there since it was a cage only and its a classic cage i.e. no room to swing a cat. I presume any facilities are in the sports centre? What Gartcairn can do to upgrade no idea.

The concerns of fans is totally understandable especially as you are paying for it so should expect at least a lot to piss in.

Bonnyton's ground is compliant with the very strict criteria of Scottish FA licensing in every respect.

If that's not good enough for the WoSFL in the eyes of some supporters, then I'm not sure what expectations they have.

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

the super west premier division

Know I'm being a pedantic git regards this.

But notice it quite a bit that a number of posters still use some of the junior terms. Is it just an  automatic thing?

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Bonnyton's ground is compliant with the very strict criteria of Scottish FA licensing in every respect.

If that's not good enough for the WoSFL in the eyes of some supporters, then I'm not sure what expectations they have.

Know I'll incur the wrath off the traditionalists. I feel it can be down to a bit of snobbery wrt the new facilities.

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Only issue I had with Synergy was disabled facility was on the hill above the goal, it has the bloody cage between us and the pitch which was a bit discombobulating throughout the game.

I know can't please everyone. 😊

4 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Maybe turn this round a bit.

The reason why I mention the top Division sides fans is they'd very quickly cry foul on here.

Btw, respect to the Shotts Bon Accord blazer who gave the game away where the secret lavvies are and how the licence would get the green light.

Paul Daniels would be proud of the smoke and mirrors these guys conjure up.

To be fair to the Shotts Bon Accord blazer. He picks games at random and goes and watches and is not connected in any way to the club but is made more than welcome when he is there and always buys 2 cans of Diet Coke. I’m more than sure the guys who run Gartcairn will know better than others what they do and don’t need and sure it will be addressed. 

10 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

Johnstone Burgh announce the signing of Derek Esplin from Pollok😳

Underwhelmed by this

Was expecting Leigh Griffiths or Effe Ambrose 

No seriously Pollock player of the year a very good signing 

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

OK I stand corrected and maybe a bit unfair lumping them in with Gartcairn, while we are on it Drumchapel had ONE portaloo but at least you could get something to drink.

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

More to come, hearing the budget is massive for Burgh next year?

It would appear so! I sort of know who the backer is but not well enough to talk to but I just feel these signings are “sledge hammer to crack a nut” material

I know ownership of the park is coming back to the club as the current owner has agreed to sell and there’s plans for the ground too.

Been told of potentially one fairly high profile ex senior and one, potentially two from Darvel.

Also heard the Largs keeper has signed. 

12 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Feel sorry for the Johnstone management, you just know if they have a bad start to the season then they will be punted. After the great job they done in recent seasons hopefully they get a decent run at it 

Totally. I’m not entirely comfortable at this.

The Burgh built a sustainable and decent side this year. Players were getting paid fir the first time in about 15 seasons and it was all affordable on match day income, sponsorships and social events.

it was great to see the club reinvigorated by new committee, bigger crowds and the catalyst for it all was Jamie, Davie and Ryan

We shall see what the future holds. 

nervous excitement would describe how most of us feel about it all.

2 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

It would appear so! I sort of know who the backer is but not well enough to talk to but I just feel these signings are “sledge hammer to crack a nut” material

I know ownership of the park is coming back to the club as the current owner has agreed to sell and there’s plans for the ground too.

Been told of potentially one fairly high profile ex senior and one, potentially two from Darvel.

Also heard the Largs keeper has signed. 

Millionaire guy wjth links to the town? I have a wee soft spot for JB after we played our first game back from abeyance there and the people at the club appear to be right good football folks and always very welcoming. I hope this guy is genuine and has long term investment in mind, but there are so many clubs in Scottish football where we’ve seen this before and it implodes, I hope JB are the exception to the rule. Just hope the guy doesnt get bored and pulls out if people are on the £5-750 a week we’re hearing.