First Divison 22/23

Always hope with these kind of situation that a decent chunk of the money are spent on the facilities at the club and not just paying guys stupid wages, how good some ex pro player is won't be relevant in 5 years time if the guy stops investing but good improvements to the ground will be

1 hour ago, Uncle Scan said:

Pollock

Does everyone do this on purpose?

It's POLLOK.

I know it's churlish to get irritated by it. But when it's where you are from it means something.

1 hour ago, Johnstonian said:

It would appear so! I sort of know who the backer is but not well enough to talk to but I just feel these signings are “sledge hammer to crack a nut” material

I know ownership of the park is coming back to the club as the current owner has agreed to sell and there’s plans for the ground too.

Been told of potentially one fairly high profile ex senior and one, potentially two from Darvel.

Also heard the Largs keeper has signed. 

Considering his dad is the keeper coach.

Good news on the ground

1 hour ago, Johnstonian said:

It would appear so! I sort of know who the backer is but not well enough to talk to but I just feel these signings are “sledge hammer to crack a nut” material

I know ownership of the park is coming back to the club as the current owner has agreed to sell and there’s plans for the ground too.

Been told of potentially one fairly high profile ex senior and one, potentially two from Darvel.

Who is the backer?

18 minutes ago, Uncle Scan said:

Considering his dad is the keeper coach.

Good news on the ground

I’m sorry to see Glen Cameron go - apart from the Kilbirnie game at the start of the season, he’s been very good.

Young Lee Kilbride has been impressive too since he’s come in 

31 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Does everyone do this on purpose?

It's POLLOK.

I know it's churlish to get irritated by it. But when it's where you are from it means something.

Maybe the people who spell it like that had parents from a fishing background and it's not their problem if you don't like it.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Maybe the people who spell it like that had parents from a fishing background and it's not their problem if you don't like it.

I know its stupid to get annoyed by something like that but heh ho can't help your feelings sometimes. 

Like you're use of my comment from earlier against me, very clever of you. 👍

19 hours ago, timeforchange said:

To be fair to the Shotts Bon Accord blazer. He picks games at random and goes and watches and is not connected in any way to the club but is made more than welcome when he is there and always buys 2 cans of Diet Coke. I’m more than sure the guys who run Gartcairn will know better than others what they do and don’t need and sure it will be addressed. 

That's me outed. I was quite enjoying the status @PossilYMwas giving, as official toilet inspector. Maybe I'll get wellies and overalls instead of a blazer.

See you tomorrow night, but you can ask the Gartcairn committee where their toilets are and why I didn't get offered a left over piece.

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's me outed. I was quite enjoying the status @PossilYMwas giving, as official toilet inspector. Maybe I'll get wellies and overalls instead of a blazer.

See you tomorrow night, but you can ask the Gartcairn committee where their toilets are and why I didn't get offered a left over piece.

You'd better find out where the toilets are if you always buy two cans of Diet Coke. I'd have made a groove between where I stood and the toilet if that was me.

22 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You'd better find out where the toilets are if you always buy two cans of Diet Coke. I'd have made a groove between where I stood and the toilet if that was me.

The fact I have to buy them surely proves I'm not a freeloading blazer!

Keep in mind it's Shotts, they're frozen before I can drink them.

53 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The fact I have to buy them surely proves I'm not a freeloading blazer!

Keep in mind it's Shotts, they're frozen before I can drink them.

You never bought anything inside Gartcairn's ground.

Now of course the blazers would have got a generous spread from the Airdrie folk.

Please Sir..........can i have some more.

5 hours ago, PossilYM said:

You never bought anything inside Gartcairn's ground.

Now of course the blazers would have got a generous spread from the Airdrie folk.

Please Sir..........can i have some more.

No, I buy the cola at Shotts. I didn't use any of the facilities at Gartcairn, but other people appeared to.

On 15/05/2023 at 19:54, Johnstonian said:

The guy behind KPI Healthcare 

I’ve no idea why people who don’t know facts post this stuff. This is incorrect. KPI are a new sponsor for next season. 

On 15/05/2023 at 18:08, Johnstonian said:

Again, nonsense post from someone who is listening to gossip rather than facts!

I thought Burgh had rid themselves of all the idiot committee members over the last couple of years. , even the 2 stoogies that used to front their hospitality thst promised the world and did nothing, Seems someone still thinks they have a connection inside the club.

13 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

I was told by two committee members that KPI Healthcare were the main backer. To be honest, I had my doubts.

I’m also not aware of any committee member promising the world at the Burgh, nor do I know any who “fronted” their hospitality and I say that as someone who drinks in the committee room at every home game.

Angry post from someone who has an idea who I am.

feel free to make yourself known 👍🏼

Nothing angry about it. It’s just not helpful for genuine supporters of the club when they are told lies from Someone passing on gossip.

who from the committee has given you this information that would even make it remotely true???

someone is telling you they are signing Scott Allan, efe Ambrose and Leigh Griffiths as per your previous posts?

I’d be questioning if they were fit enough to run the club if that’s the case!