Third Divison 22/23

Lesmahagow 5-0 Vale of Leven 

A bad day at the office. All attention now goes to Wednesday at East Kilbride in our most important game in a long long time.

I'm saying this every week just now but have to once again mention the welcome and hospitality we got today from the guys at Lesmahagow. Second to none, superb stuff, guys.

20230520_140222.jpg

27 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Lesmahagow 5-0 Vale of Leven 

A bad day at the office. All attention now goes to Wednesday at East Kilbride in our most important game in a long long time.

I'm saying this every week just now but have to once again mention the welcome and hospitality we got today from the guys at Lesmahagow. Second to none, superb stuff, guys.

20230520_140222.jpg

Having played both teams twice now.  I would say you should get the result you are looking for and hopefully that will secure your place in the league for next season. Do enjoy a visit to Millburn.

3 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Also, huge congratulations to Vale of Clyde for winning the league today. Worthy champions in my opinion.

Think VOL are ok EK Thistle look doomed.

Anyway you need to stay up; will be expecting you to sample the delights of Meadow Park in Castle Douglas.

FYI locally known as CD.

26 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Think VOL are ok EK Thistle look doomed.

Anyway you need to stay up; will be expecting you to sample the delights of Meadow Park in Castle Douglas.

FYI locally known as CD.

We need a point against EK on Wednesday and I'm already nervous.

If we do stay up, Meadow Park will be high on my list of away days to look forward to!

Firstly, congratulation s VoC. Worthy champions and congratulations to AWR and Larkhall on their promotion.

What a game at Dalry today. We had 13 on the team sheet, but one walking wounded. Went 2 up after 7 mins and were leading by 3 at ht.

Our keeper got injured on 65 mins and Walking Wounded went in goal. A goal followed shortly thereafter but not his fault. He then saved a penalty but they got a 2nd on 84 mins.

Chucky Watt was then sent off on 85 mins for a 2nd yellow. Problem was, he hadn't had a first yellow! Am told ref apologised for her error after the game and red card was rescinded. Just as well we won!

12 minutes of injury time was not good for the health of us ageing supporters but, we hung on.

Don't think their keeper had a save to make other than our 3 excellent goals.

Female ref today. She did well, despite her error.

Great stuff. Pie was fine too

18 hours ago, Shannon said:

Are Larkhall officially promoted? I thought they still needed 1 point from final 2 games - away v Dalry and home v Kello - which I am pretty sure they should get?

You're right, they're not promoted yet, only a matter of time though.