Third Divison 22/23

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Gow 3 Lanark United 2

2-0 down. Fought back well, scored late on, for winner.  Good game.

Lanark outmuscled. Should have been out of sight by half time.  Missed 3 excellent chances.  Lost out to 3 set pieces.  We have not been physical enough all season.  Gow winner came on 91st minute. Could have written the script.

We will do well to hold on to 5th place now. Hope we don't drop off after a good season overall.

Carluke, Lugar and EK to join Newmains, Albert and the Salty Vics to drop into the Boys Club League.

Although have sneaky feeling Lugar will overtake Dalry.

Will amend of course as and when proved totally inept at predicting, even this late in the season. 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by HorseyGhirl

31 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Carluke, Lugar and EK to join Newmains, Albert and the Salty Vics to drop into the Boys Club League.

Although have sneaky feeling Lugar will overtake Dalry.

Will amend of course as and when proved totally inept at predicting, even this late in the season. 🤔🤔🤔

No sure how much you've seen of the South league and 4th division but you might be the best person to ask as you seem clued up on both.

The question is, where do you think the likes of Abbey Vale, Creetown and Lochar would've finished in the "boys league" this season?

2 hours ago, outsider said:

No sure how much you've seen of the South league and 4th division but you might be the best person to ask as you seem clued up on both.

The question is, where do you think the likes of Abbey Vale, Creetown and Lochar would've finished in the "boys league" this season?

Aw gee whiz man. Talk about setting me up for a fall. 

But football is all about opinions and with the 'turncoats' at Threave there is an ability to compare.

I find at times that it is not down to the quality of a team. To use Turncoat Rovers, a number of their games were won fairly easily throughout, so their quality is better. But when they came up against comparable opponents they struggled with the competitiveness of Kilsyth, West Park and St.Peters. 

This is where I feel the better sides in SOS would, not necessarily struggle, but would take time to adapt if that's the correct word to use. As in all levels of football it's a surprise at times the teams that struggle to adapt and those that thrive.

Creetown for me would find it tough with their style of play, would they get enough ball time against the Boys Clubs. They found it tough v Turncoat Rovers in a cup game with little possession.

Vale played really well v Luncarty and were minutes from a deserved win, they are a good mix of ballers with strong defenders.

I haven't seen enough of Lochar to comment honestly.

What I'm looking forward to next season is seeing the 3 promoted clubs in Div 3 and how the relegated ones cope in Div 4. Finnart appear to have been ok without seeing them play. But wouldn't use them as an indictator of what's coming up from below.

Was thinking earlier that next season will be a cracker with this being the first full/proper season with pro/rel throughout the league.

13 hours ago, bc57 said:

Lanark outmuscled. Should have been out of sight by half time.  Missed 3 excellent chances.  Lost out to 3 set pieces.  We have not been physical enough all season.  Gow winner came on 91st minute. Could have written the script.

We will do well to hold on to 5th place now. Hope we don't drop off after a good season overall.

Would agree with your thoughts regards up to half time. We, too often don't turn up for periods of games.

Big Neil Schoneville was causing carnage in the box at set pieces.

Your no 2(player), could be doing with a anger management course.

Edited by Father Ted

42 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Would agree with your thoughts regards up to half time. We, too often don't turn up for periods of games.

Big Neil Schoneville was causing carnage in the box at set pieces.

Your no 2(player), could be doing with a anger management course.

Young boy. 18/19 yrs old. He'll learn with experience.  Went to ground way too often last night

Edited by bc57
Incomplete comment

DALRY THISTLE V  LARKHALL THISTLE

I hope this postponed fixture dosent come back to bite us.

I am pleased our away fixture to Finnart is now being played at Shettleston.

Hoping for a Larkie win , looking at the table now I think the top 3 now are the most likely to go up, but a lot of football to be played yet with interesting clashes at the top.

Having looked at the fixtures it is dog eat dog. In my opinion Saltcoats ,Royal Albert , newmains and Carluke will go down along with two from three, from Lugar Dalry and E.K. but hey six teams relegated it has NEVER been heard of. Why were the leagues not more evenly balanced at the outset?

16 minutes ago, sweep said:

Having looked at the fixtures it is dog eat dog. In my opinion Saltcoats ,Royal Albert , newmains and Carluke will go down along with two from three, from Lugar Dalry and E.K. but hey six teams relegated it has NEVER been heard of. Why were the leagues not more evenly balanced at the outset?

When it was conferences the year before it was decided that no one would be relegated further than Division Three. That left 18 teams. And Finnart were promoted as Division Four winners. We all knew what we were playing for before the season, we knew we had to avoid the bottom six.

4 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

When it was conferences the year before it was decided that no one would be relegated further than Division Three. That left 18 teams. And Finnart were promoted as Division Four winners. We all knew what we were playing for before the season, we knew we had to avoid the bottom six.

O.K.

13 hours ago, sweep said:

There was 7 relegated last year from the WOSFL premier division.
No fault of the WOSFL, it was covid and then SFA wanting all WOSFL league to go to 16 teams and then the inclusion of division 4.

It should be back to 16 next season

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

7 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

There was 7 relegated last year from the WOSFL premier division.
No fault of the WOSFL, it was covid and then SFA wanting all WOSF league to go to 16 teams and then the inclusion of division 4.

It should be back to 16 next season

COVID 19 didn't make the decision to have a 20 club premier league, the WoSFL did.

18 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

COVID 19 didn't make the decision to have a 20 club premier league, the WoSFL did.

7 of them relegated out the 20.

Looks like only one of them will return.

And possibly 3 facing further relegation again this season.

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Its basically about a number of things have happened to the WOSFL that have hindered the WOSFL since its inception.
The main being the SFA But if you remember, although I could be wrong about this, the 7 clubs were supposed to be relegated from the WOSFL Premier league over the two years, dictated to by the SFA who said by season 22/23 must be 16 teams in the league. SO, 20/21 I think was supposed to be 4 teams and 21/22 was supposed to be 3 teams but the 20/21 season was stopped due to, wait for it, Covid, thus the 20/21 season ended up being null and void and this meant the 21/22 season still had 20 teams.  There were teams that withdrew from the first WOSFL season 20/21 throguhout the divisions, which was the pandemic, and in the premier division, I'm sure they were Auchinleck, Pollok, Cumnock, Glenafton, Kilbirnie and then Benburb withdrew during mid season.  With the inception of the WOSFL from the juniors they kept the 16 teams and the top 3 who would have been promoted from the 2019/20 season wanted to be in the premier league and demanded that they should be promoted and also with Bonnyton were included, (quite rightly), being a tier 6 SOSFL Ayrshire team came in swapping leagues but staying in tier 6, (Think Bonnyton Thistle was voted in by Club members, Is this correct?)

So actually Covid is one of the mean reasons whilst adding to other reasons, why season 21/22 had 20 teams and that's why I replied to this post that 7 teams were relegated that season.

Sorry, if I had added more detail to my post previously, then maybe you wouldn't have wasted your time replying to my post but its appreciated.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread