The Queen of the South thread

There's been one on the club Facebook and Twitter since this morning. There's also a pic of the full back on the online store

Eta - on my phone otherwise I'd have linked to them

Just seen it there. A definite purchase. Very well done!

Dont think you will be saying that this season coming then.

If it's as dull as "Palmerston Cafe" then I wouldn't be so sure :lol: That has to be up there with one of the worst sponsors? It gets the job done from their point of view, but it must have taken all of 3 minutes to come up with the design.

If it's as dull as "Palmerston Cafe" then I wouldn't be so sure :lol: That has to be up there with one of the worst sponsors? It gets the job done from their point of view, but it must have taken all of 3 minutes to come up with the design.

Cant see it being worse than last years. Hopefully it will be a nice design to fit a quite stunning top.

Thumbs up to Mr X (I presume it was you) for finally adding a size chart to the online store. I've been tirelessly campaigning for years.... ;)

Now, Macron rugby shirts are a tight fit. Are these football tops tight or loose? Alternatively is anyone 6ft 3in, 15 stone, muscular, handsome and can go to the shop for me and try some on?

Thumbs up to Mr X (I presume it was you) for finally adding a size chart to the online store. I've been tirelessly campaigning for years.... ;)

Now, Macron rugby shirts are a tight fit. Are these football tops tight or loose? Alternatively is anyone 6ft 3in, 15 stone, muscular, handsome and can go to the shop for me and try some on?

Macron Size guide if that helps.

https://www.macron.com/size-guide/

Will wait and try a couple in shop when release as really depends on the sponsor. Last seaso looked very nice but sponsor ruined it

Love the colour of the Home strip and delighted to see white shorts again. Good! As for the away strip I'd have preferred yellow and blue or white and blue. Never been keen on the red, Hate it really as it's resonant of Rangers but hey ho, guess I'll have to live with that. Hope the badge is decent quality?!

That would imply I paid any attention to you :P:lol:

The size guide has lengths and other measurements too, doesn't it? Might be able to get an idea of the fit from them?

Glad to see a largely positive response to the strips.  The home one is nice and the darker shade of blue should please those who care about such things.  The red one is fine as well considering the sole purpose of the away top is to avoid a colour clash.  I don't think a white shirt with blue trim would be viable without us also having a third strip due to Morton being in the league?  I'm not sure how an all red strip has connotations of Rangers?  Surely it is closer to Aberdeen or Liverpool?

I'm sure the much maligned Marketing Team will be delighted that the new strips have caused such a stir on the forums and social media the past week or so.  That indicates a job well done to me.

Glad to see a largely positive response to the strips.  The home one is nice and the darker shade of blue should please those who care about such things.  The red one is fine as well considering the sole purpose of the away top is to avoid a colour clash.  I don't think a white shirt with blue trim would be viable without us also having a third strip due to Morton being in the league?  I'm not sure how an all red strip has connotations of Rangers?  Surely it is closer to Aberdeen or Liverpool?

I wondered that. It's not like Rangers have any great tradition of wearing a red change kit. I know they have one this year and last but I don't think they have had one that often. I get the "red, white and blue" thing for the first team kit but we're not talking about any red on the first team kit. If someone shows me an all red kit my first thought certainly isn't "that reminds me of Rangers".

You have to think beyond the division also. We need to consider potential kit clashes with any club we might draw in the Cups too. We can't have blue and white kits only as they would both clash with Morton, Kilmarnock, possibly St Johnstone depending on how much white is in their home kit, etc. If we have blue and white we need a third kit. We can't just have blue and say black as we did this year because both clash with the likes of Dundee, Ross County and Falkirk. If you are using a dark blue first kit then you need something completely contrasting if going with one alternative kit. That means red (though there is a potential clash with Inverness CT if we were drawn away to them), yellow, green, orange, or something more left field like a lilac, silver, etc. And I think we can safely say the reaction to a green or orange second kit would be worse than that to red!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Macron Size guide if that helps.

https://www.macron.com/size-guide/

Will wait and try a couple in shop when release as really depends on the sponsor. Last seaso looked very nice but sponsor ruined it

I wondered that. It's not like Rangers have any great tradition of wearing a red change kit. I know they have one this year and last but I don't think they have had one that often. I get the "red, white and blue" thing for the first team kit but we're not talking about any red on the first team kit. If someone shows me an all red kit my first thought certainly isn't "that reminds me of Rangers".

You have to think beyond the division also. We need to consider potential kit clashes with any club we might draw in the Cups too. We can't have blue and white kits only as they would both clash with Morton, Kilmarnock, possibly St Johnstone depending on how much white is in their home kit, etc. If we have blue and white we need a third kit. We can't just have blue and say black as we did this year because both clash with the likes of Dundee, Ross County and Falkirk. If you are using a dark blue first kit then you need something completely contrasting if going with one alternative kit. That means red (though there is a potential clash with Inverness CT if we were drawn away to them), yellow, green, orange, or something more left field like a lilac, silver, etc. And I think we can safely say the reaction to a green or orange second kit would be worse than that to red!

I think the key word there is yellow. It's been used for years off and on and I for one associate it with Queens in a way I'll never associate red. And I think a left field approach would be interesting, and dare I say fun. Patrick have done some great maverick things over the years. Maybe not to everyone's taste but I'd be interested to see their sales figures. Red is just wrong!

You do make a salient point though.

Anyway...

Edited by louisxiv