The Queen of the South thread

I would be going if I wasn't away at work, although I can understand why people wouldn't want to go there. The only ground I've ever been spat on and had hot drinks poured on us from above. Their fans spend the entire game shouting abuse at the away fans instead of watching the game, each to their own I suppose.

What had been done to deserve such hospitality?

We turned up.

Just seems out of context behavior. Why would someone be like that as in to spit on and pour hot drinks over other fans. Not even rival fans. I know old firm fans can be dicks I met my fair share in my time but that just seems random and out of the blue.

It would certainly put me off going whether as a family or just on my own

Just seems out of context behavior. Why would someone be like that as in to spit on and pour hot drinks over other fans. Not even rival fans. I know old firm fans can be dicks I met my fair share in my time but that just seems random and out of the blue.

It would certainly put me off going whether as a family or just on my own

You just need to look at the picture of the hanging blow up dolls at the weekend to get an idea of the mentality some of these fools have.

what really annoys me is you don't get a choice where to sit and if you end up in the front 4 or 5 rows you cannot see very much of game on the pitch. You end up watching it on the big screen. It's not too bad when Queens are shooting towards you but going the other way you see nothing

I have been to every recent Rangers away game and I havent seen anything that I would class as anything other than infantile chanting which is pretty much the norm at any big away ground. If I compare an away visit to Ibrox now with trips to Brunton Park in the 70s when CUFC were in the Old English League 1 and teams like Chelsea, Leeds, Newcastle were in town then that is a frightening experience when hoolganism was at its peak. People can of course choose to do what they like with their valuable leisure time but the guys who post on here regularly give me the impression that they are all diehard QOS supporters and to give this game a miss for the reasons stated on the back of the run we have had surprises me.

what really annoys me is you don't get a choice where to sit and if you end up in the front 4 or 5 rows you cannot see very much of game on the pitch. You end up watching it on the big screen. It's not too bad when Queens are shooting towards you but going the other way you see nothing

There's been approx 600 empty seats the last 3 times we've been there so that's not quite right

It was the 4-2 game at Ibrox a couple of seasons ago, stuff was getting thrown and they were trying to spit down. The police weren't bothered because it wasn't their section.

Thankfully Rangers have now moved their ultras to the other end of the Broomland Road stand away from away support

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I would be going if I wasn't away at work, although I can understand why people wouldn't want to go there. The only ground I've ever been spat on and had hot drinks poured on us from above. Their fans spend the entire game shouting abuse at the away fans instead of watching the game, each to their own I suppose.

Funny when I went with my son absolutely no problem. No abuse, no drinks thrown over me. In fact had a good chat with some if the fans in the Macdonalds before. 

Funny when I went with my son absolutely no problem. No abuse, no drinks thrown over me. In fact had a good chat with some if the fans in the Macdonalds before. 

What exactly is funny about going to a football match and not get abused, spat on or drinks thrown on you? It's what should be expected.

There's been approx 600 empty seats the last 3 times we've been there so that's not quite right

It's only people like you that watch Queens through rose tinted specs that want to go to every game. We have played Rangers far too often lately for this game to gather local interest. Maybe if you all stop and think about it, the fan base is not going to grow much if you are playing the same flipping teams week in and week out. Grrrrrr!

It's only people like you that watch Queens through rose tinted specs that want to go to every game. We have played Rangers far too often lately for this game to gather local interest. Maybe if you all stop and think about it, the fan base is not going to grow much if you are playing the same flipping teams week in and week out. Grrrrrr!

A true die hard fan will follow their team through thick and thin regardless who the opposition are.

Regarding playing Rangers too often!......We've played them eight times in the league over two seasons plus two or three cup games out of which we have acquitted ourselves fairly well and earned a good wedge of money into the bargain.

I've watched Queens play teams like East Stirling, Montrose etc in front of a few hundred fans over the last 35 years or so....trust me, I know which team I'd rather watch Queens play against.

Regardless of who the opposition is, this is a national cup quarter final tie with the prospect of playing at Hampden in a semi final should we win through. This should be motivation enough to get Queens fans off their arses to follow their team. Grrrrrrr!

7 hours ago, Parkgatequeens said:

Things have got really bad - we are now having to muster some enthusiasm to go to Cup Quarter Finals at Ibrox because we have had to suffer an unusually high number of fixtures against Rangers!!! As Mustafa says after some of the turgid fixtures and displays that we witnessed in the late 80s and early 90s at games that meant absolutely nothing in the wider context you would think that a chance of a Semi Final place would be quite appealing - apparently not.

Looking back on things it might have been better for us not to qualify for that double header Play Off after all - that would have meant two fewer games against Rangers that season and reduced the repetition.

Would the phrase "blue tinted specs" not be more appropriate [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Not really both have stepped in to do good jobs. Brownlie has been solid this season, looks a totally different player, and I thought Hilson was one of our best players Saturday, caused them a lot of headaches. A great predicament to have when Lyndon,Higgins, tapping, Jake and rigg are all out the starting to 11, superb options

Cant believe people are still treating ParkgateHurts posts as if they are something other than the obvious tiresome trolling they are.

I wish you would stop your obsession of trying to tie me in with other posters. I am only saying what we are all thinking, too much of the same every other week. Couldn't' give a monkeys what you think, at least I pay to get in when I go to home games.