18 - Kieran McKechnie
20 - Rohan Ferguson
21 - Dom McMahon
22 - Diste Sylla
23 - Cameron Crooks
24 - Liam Douglas
33 - Wullie Gibson

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

It has gone as well as we could have hoped for :) 

Self praise is as good as no praise at all. I'm sure if MOTD Wanabee is involved it will be fine.  Any clue on which Championship club are our streaming partners yet? 

I may be reading too much into the squad numbers, but with Fitzpatrick taking the no 7 shirt I'm guessing that he will be played as an out and out winger once Dobbs is back to full fitness and Robinson will be used from the bench.  Other than that AJ's first choice starting line up may be the same as that which has started in the recent friendlies unless McKee is preferred to McCabe.

With the four reserve boys who have been training with the first team being allocated squad numbers (I assume so we can name a full quota of subs) I would hazard a guess that the only signing we may see before the Betfred would be a right back given that the number 2 jersey remains vacant.

4 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Lots of clubs in the Championship will be hoping thousands of Hearts fans sign up for live streams of there away games. Hopefully the game at Palmerston is not picked for live TV by BBC tho or that'll scupper that possible money maker... 

4 hours ago, football maniac said:

At the time we thought it was good the Championship getting publicity from the bbc but it might end up being the bane of alot of clubs now in this situation

Quite so, given the “rules” for broadcasting. As I understand it,  BBC can’t broadcast more than twice from any given park during the league season, and Hearts are the biggest TV draw by a mile. I would expect every Hearts away game to be broadcast by the BBC, so that’s 14 games, they’ve already announced Hearts v Dundee, so that leaves the second Hearts v Dundee and four other games not including Hearts to be broadcast for this season. I’d wager that Dundee will feature in the missing games to be broadcast.

26 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I may be reading too much into the squad numbers, but with Fitzpatrick taking the no 7 shirt I'm guessing that he will be played as an out and out winger once Dobbs is back to full fitness and Robinson will be used from the bench.  Other than that AJ's first choice starting line up may be the same as that which has started in the recent friendlies unless McKee is preferred to McCabe.

I wouldnt read anything at all into the squad numbers. They were allocated as players signed. 

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Quite so, given the “rules” for broadcasting. As I understand it,  BBC can’t broadcast more than twice from any given park during the league season, and Hearts are the biggest TV draw by a mile. I would expect every Hearts away game to be broadcast by the BBC, so that’s 14 games, they’ve already announced Hearts v Dundee, so that leaves the second Hearts v Dundee and four other games not including Hearts to be broadcast for this season. I’d wager that Dundee will feature in the missing games to be broadcast.

I bet at least one Fife derby is taken. Maybe a couple.

I dont think they will cover 14 Hearts games.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I wouldnt read anything at all into the squad numbers. They were allocated as players signed. 

What happened to Number 2  then did they forget to allocate that number! Sure there was a number of players signed when Holt left before Maxwell got the number 3.? 

Just now, SUPERSOUTH said:

What happened to Number 2  then did they forget to allocate that number! Sure there was a number of players signed when Holt left before Maxwell got the number 3.? 

I didn't say they were allocated in order for goodness sake, just that they were filled up as people came in! If they were allocated in order Dobbie would be 1! It's not an indication of the manager's preferred side. Leighfield was the only keeper at the start so he took 1. Holt kept 3, Dobbie wanted and kept 11. The 7 who signed on day one were filled in roughly for their positions. Buchanan took 4, McKee 6, Pybus wanted 8, Goss was first one arranged and took 9, etc. McCabe was the last of the 7 to commit and 2 and 5 are defenders numbers so he got 12 as that was the next one left. Ayo came in as next centre back and took 5. Maxwell came in at left back and took the 3 Holt was going to have .Others have taken numbers in the teens as they filled up. Wullie wanted 33, he's played in that number most of his career. We generally stick the fringe Reserves in the low 20's. Other keeper is always 20 and if we register a 3rd at any point they'll likely be 30.

Anyone trying to read a preference into the squad numbers is wasting their time.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I didn't say they were allocated in order for goodness sake, just that they were filled up as people came in! If they were allocated in order Dobbie would be 1! It's not an indication of the manager's preferred side. Leighfield was the only keeper at the start so he took 1. Holt kept 3, Dobbie wanted and kept 11. The 7 who signed on day one were filled in roughly for their positions. Buchanan took 4, McKee 6, Pybus wanted 8, Goss was first one arranged and took 9, etc. McCabe was the last of the 7 to commit and 2 and 5 are defenders numbers so he got 12 as that was the next one left. Ayo came in as next centre back and took 5. Maxwell came in at left back and took the 3 Holt was going to have .Others have taken numbers in the teens as they filled up. Wullie wanted 33, he's played in that number most of his career. We generally stick the fringe Reserves in the low 20's. Other keeper is always 20 and if we register a 3rd at any point they'll likely be 30.

Anyone trying to read a preference into the squad numbers is wasting their time.

So, what you're saying is that Goss is the best striker at the club?

44 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I bet at least one Fife derby is taken. Maybe a couple.

I dont think they will cover 14 Hearts games.

OK, tell you what, 12 Hearts away games or less covered, you win...13 push and 14 I win. What’s the bet?

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

OK, tell you what, 12 Hearts away games or less covered, you win...13 push and 14 I win. What’s the bet?

Aren't Hearts fans boycotting all away games though?  Given the noise they made at the time I assume that will PPV etc too.