The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Cowie was on the bench at Queens Park last weeks, must have been recalled already. Johnston not in that squad (afaik) 

Cowie was an emergency recall and on the bench last week because Johnson was ill.

Presumably we can recall him again if Hibs recall Johsnon. The pros and cons of the loan market I guess.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Sigh…

image.thumb.jpeg.5ae2cdf11e662af1c8d6e066aa618caa.jpeg

Could you not borrow some cardboard and a felt tip pen from the Club Office and change it, assuming Office is open of course, you can't be sure. You'll be helping the Club and easing your stress levels at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Could you not borrow some cardboard and a felt tip pen from the Club Office and change it, assuming Office is open of course, you can't be sure. You'll be helping the Club and easing your stress levels at the same time. 

I've thought about it, believe me.

However, I'm trying hard to slow the descent into genuine nutter territory.  I'm not sure it's going all that well, to be honest.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've thought about it, believe me.

However, I'm trying hard to slow the descent into genuine nutter territory.  I'm not sure it's going that well go be honest.

They're saying something similar on the Falkirk thread. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

8 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

In fairness, it is unprofessional looking.

The club apparently pay a third party business partner to keep it updated.

That game was 13 weeks ago. Clearly they haven’t been doing what they are paid to do. If it can’t be kept up to date they should  just get rid of the sign. 

Aye this. The sign doesn't really bother me tbh. But if the club are paying someone to do it* and they aren't doing what they're paid to do then they should get shot of them. 

I'm sure someone would gladly volunteer to do it. @Monkey Tennis?...

* I don't know if they're paid. I'm just assuming you know :lol:

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye this. The sign doesn't really bother me tbh. But if the club are paying someone to do it* and they aren't doing what they're paid to do then they should get shot of them. 

Christ no.

I don't do solutions.  I just bring the problems.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That is fair point. They probably aren’t paid., so that was unfair of me and I take it back.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not paid to cut the grass in my garden, but I did it this morning.

Yes, but you have a vested interest in keeping your garden tidy. 

55 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Yes, but you have a vested interest in keeping your garden tidy. 

Well if this mysterious Third Party doesn't have some sort of vested interest, whether financial or emotional, it was a strange decision to take on the task.

We should maybe give the contract to either Fire or Theft next time.

Well, it's the night before the league campaign kicks off and we go into the season with some major concerns:

Just who is the graphics maestro who designs the rather minimalist works of art which are "mounted" (ie hastily pasted onto) the infamous sign - or not?  Do we pay them or don't we?  Has Greenacres been consulted about possible budget implications if we do?

What motivates Monkey Tennis to cut his grass if there is no financial reward?

It's going to be one hell of a rollercoaster ride this season.  I can just sense it from the collective build up of excitement that has been brewing on this thread over the past week.

Edited by Slipmat