The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Nope. Won’t be happening at all now they’ve signed Harry Stone from hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Right position, wrong side of the capital.

The Twitter (X) feed had Dwayne Johnson as the highlight so I assumed Johnson. Turns out it was a Stone rather than a Rock.

11 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

A striker on a 2 year deal.

Jake Hutchinson

That's an excellent signing. As I've previously mentioned on here, there is a National League South club I occasionally do reports for and funnily enough I watched him score two in a game for Eastbourne last year, but then didn't write up my notes as the subsequent game with my club was rearranged. I seem to remember him giving the impression of being a complete player at that level, good with the ball at his feet, fast, tall and clinical. Not surprised he got the move up to Aldershot where he continued to score goals.

I do wonder why he's come here rather than go back out to an NL team or fight for a place in a struggling Colchester team.

It sounds as though we've paid a fee for him which is a nice indication of Marvin being backed.

1 minute ago, QoS99 said:

Josh McPake next then I’ll be happy

He is a free agent at the moment. That would be a great signing., although I reckon he will end up in the Championship or Premier.