The Queen of the South thread

Aye, you are right that all opinions should be respected.

I didn't agree with the vote, and was frustrated I'd just put into the shirt draw, but also think the Board should be respected for their investment and time, for making other very astute decisions, and for being open about the way they voted and why.

It's obsessing to stay away when it's done, can't be changed, and the 'right' outcome happened anyway. The club needs the Board, but is so much more than the Board. That's what we turn out for.

What could be the principled alternative? I don't see new Board members queuing up ...

Wow, thats some grudge frascoigne . What about all the good things they have done ? Okay then , nice hearing from you and goodbye forever

Not your finest hour on here JR.

You shared much of Frascoigne's disgust at the decision at the time.

The fact that you've put it behind you, ably assisted by an impressively performing team, does not render his take silly or malicious. I hope Frascoigne is back at some point, but it'll be on his terms. There's actually something impressive in that.

Aye, you are right that all opinions should be respected.

I didn't agree with the vote, and was frustrated I'd just put into the shirt draw, but also think the Board should be respected for their investment and time, for making other very astute decisions, and for being open about the way they voted and why.

It's obsessing to stay away when it's done, can't be changed, and the 'right' outcome happened anyway. The club needs the Board, but is so much more than the Board. That's what we turn out for.

What could be the principled alternative? I don't see new Board members queuing up ...

There is little point in going over old ground. My views on this are well known, I think. The Board had a decision to make that should have been in the best interests of both the club and Scottish football as a whole. They got is spectacularly wrong, showed a complete lack of judgement and then tried to explain their reasoning with an argument that had more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

With nobody else around to invest in the club, the board could start to heal the rift by inviting a fans representative to sit with them. It might end up as tokenism but I'm willing to give it a shot.

I'm 100% with Frascoigne on this one. It wasn't just the board's decision to vote in favour of the club formerly known as Rangers, it was their contemptuous disregard for the opinions of the fans and Robertson's lack of grace after the fact. His so-called "apology" was half-hearted at best and his attempt to marginalise the "vocal minority" by claiming that the board was merely reflecting the views of the "silent majority" was an example of ex post facto justification of the most disingenuous kind. He'd already given notice of his divide and conquer mentality with his characterisation of certain life-long supporters as not "true fans", just one of the insightful gems culled from that repository of wisdom known as "Mark's Blog."

The team's current good form is a matter of little consequence to me, about as relevant as Gillingham's strong start in League 2 down south: it's just not my club any more. Robertson made that very clear by his actions and pronouncements. The club, as it's presently constituted, doesn't reflect me, my views or my principles. Queen of the South is a nostalgic memory for me now, nothing more. The bond has been broken and comprehensive victories over Arbroath, Alloa, Albion Rovers et al are never going to be substantial enough to repair the damage. I wish the Trust well in their efforts.

Edited by Frankie S

The current board will not have any fan/trust representative anywhere near the boardroom .

If enough shareholders back this, they may be forced into a corner. As another poster said, this would be a way forward to resolve the huge rift between many loyal fans (and yes, relatively it is many) and the board. I've signed up, as have another 70 odd shareholders.

If enough shareholders back this, they may be forced into a corner. As another poster said, this would be a way forward to resolve the huge rift between many loyal fans (and yes, relatively it is many) and the board. I've signed up, as have another 70 odd shareholders.

I think I have made my feelings pretty clear in earlier posts. I have continued to stay away, and for the majority of that time had feelings towards the club pretty much along the same lines as Frankie S summarised in his second paragraph. However, from a personal point of view having a supporter on the board would go a long way to opening the door back up for me with Queens, and as one of the 70 I am delighted that the trust are pushing this forward.

Edited by Adamski

To be honest, if I lived in the vicinity or could make frequent games, I certainly would not go to Palmerston until that lot of scum have been dispersed. In fact, I'm sure I couldn't even go to an away game as I would not want to be locked up in the cells for the weekend and that is what I know would happen.

To say that a fans' representative should not be on the Board is like saying the directors are born to rule. There are plenty of intelligent fans out there with good ideas. Indeed, a few of the ideas implemented in recent seasons have come from the fans. Also, if they put tens of thousands into the club, why should they not have a say in how it is used, or be able to at least get an insight into the running of the club? We are all pulling in the same direction, so what do the directors have to fear?

This attitude of "They're the bosses and we're the serfs" is more than a little outdated.

My concern would be that the nominated person would be caught between' a rock and a hard place ' concerning expectations of some fans and might be a thankless job. To balance up what Flash said about there being some clued up fans , there is also some with less of the grey matter and they could upset any good happening.

TERREGLES STREET MURALS ; coming on niceley !!!

IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/4jw5et.jpg[/img]

16m7foz.jpg

2it4rad.jpg

2w2pwde.jpg

2z3rxqd.jpg

16iwnk5.jpg

14npv9z.jpg

23mwqky.jpg

I'm guessing the signature is the artist !

Enjoy !!!

The mural with the ball running into the goal at the Dundee game after Ryan McCann's 84 yarder appears to have a picture of the Main Stand at Palmerston behind the goal instead of the actual terracing. Is this an error do you think?

The mural with the ball running into the goal at the Dundee game after Ryan McCann's 84 yarder appears to have a picture of the Main Stand at Palmerston behind the goal instead of the actual terracing. Is this an error do you think?

No. I think it is artistic licence in the same way that there aren't cows and a sheepdog on the pitch in one picture and Queens players with at least three different strips in the same game in another.

No. I think it is artistic licence in the same way that there aren't cows and a sheepdog on the pitch in one picture and Queens players with at least three different strips in the same game in another.

I suppose that must be the reason, then.

I suppose that must be the reason, then.

It is a picture of Davie Rae celebrating behind the goal after the Dundee game, with the McCann goal merged into the background of the main picture. The stand is in relation to Rae being behind the goal, not in relation to the actual goal being scored.

My concern would be that the nominated person would be caught between' a rock and a hard place ' concerning expectations of some fans and might be a thankless job. To balance up what Flash said about there being some clued up fans , there is also some with less of the grey matter and they could upset any good happening.

That's a poor argument JR. I would assume that the fan's representative would be voted for by Trust members or shareholders, therefore would hopefully be someone with a bit more of the grey matter, perhaps even with some business experience. They would volunteer and I'm sure go into it with eyes wide open, it is no different to any other director in that sense. I could be argued that the three current board members are a bit short on grey matter given the shambles around the vote on Sevco.

Guest TOPFITTER

The Half-Time Entertainment for tommorow's Ramsdens Cup Semi-Final between Queen of the South and Arbroath will be the Ten-Second-Challenge.

The two teams taking part will be Queen of the South Under 14's and Lochar Thistle Under 14's.

Please give those taking part your support.

Queens Trust.

Many thanks to the new shareholders that have signed up in support of what the Queens Trust are hoping to achieve.

Thanks also to the many other queens fans (non-shareholders) that have also been in touch to give support.

74 shareholders have now indicated they would support this proposal.

If you are a shareholder in Queen of The South Football Club and would give your backing to a Supporters Representative or require any further information please contact us at: joetulip1919@hotmail.co.uk

Queens Trust