The Queen of the South thread

Its not though. Its not remotely irrelevant. Keatings isnt being frozen out at Hearts, he's just been told that his opportunities will be more limited. He will still be involved. I dont know what Keatings earns either but I cant imagine his wage is so low that he would happily give up most of it to play more often. As noted previously Hearts will have made it to our usual gate receipts for the season inside about four home games. Different world in budget terms.

So SD are you implying that the wages of Queens players are "so low" that he wouldn't contemplate coming here?

So SD are you implying that the wages of Queens players are "so low" that he wouldn't contemplate coming here?

I would imagine our top earners and keatings wouldn't be far from a couple of hundred a week apart. But maybe I am underestimating what Hearts are paying Keatings.

No. I am suggesting his first team wages at Hearts are likely so high that he wouldnt contemplate walking away from them to sign for any Scottish Championship side (other than the big three). However I dont know what Keatings is on or how important money is to him so its just a guess.

I am pretty incredulous though at suggestions there wont be that big a difference between wages at the 4th biggest club in the country and ourselves.

Anyone else still hold a faint glimmer of hope that we can finish higher than 4th? I'd all but given up on it after Hibs and The Rangers both won last Sunday. The Rangers' draw last night has renewed my optimism slightly though.

It would likely require us to win all our remaining games and Hibs or The Rangers dropping unexpected points. It is a long shot but with Hibs still in the cup and The Rangers partial to dropping daft points I'm not giving up on it until it is mathematically impossible.

Anyone else still hold a faint glimmer of hope that we can finish higher than 4th? I'd all but given up on it after Hibs and The Rangers both won last Sunday. The Rangers' draw last night has renewed my optimism slightly though.

It would likely require us to win all our remaining games and Hibs or The Rangers dropping unexpected points. It is a long shot but with Hibs still in the cup and The Rangers partial to dropping daft points I'm not giving up on it until it is mathematically impossible.

Its still a glimmer, albeit a faint one. It would really take Falkirk to do us a favour and beat Rangers - given their fixtures I dont think we'll catch Hibs - and us to win all three remaining games. Its not totally unrealistic that we could go into the final round of games three points behind Rangers. Of course thanks to the hilarity that is the SPFL Rangers would go into their final game knowing the outcome of ours and whether or not they needed a result against Hearts. <_<

Its still a glimmer, albeit a faint one. It would really take Falkirk to do us a favour and beat Rangers - given their fixtures I dont think we'll catch Hibs - and us to win all three remaining games. Its not totally unrealistic that we could go into the final round of games three points behind Rangers. Of course thanks to the hilarity that is the SPFL Rangers would go into their final game knowing the outcome of ours and whether or not they needed a result against Hearts. <_<

I had a quick glance at the remaining fixtures and tried to predict results. I ended up with The Rangers on 66, us on 65 and Hibs on 64 but it is probably a long shot! I very much doubt we'll win our remaining 3 games anyway. Second place is the only one that holds any real advantage. I don't think having the second leg at home will have that much impact. If anything I'd prefer us to build up a lead at home to then take with us to Easter Road or Ibrox.

Good article on the OS from Mark Blount covering a wide range of issues. He is completely correct with his comments about the supposed lack of ambition by the board. Once again they made the correct decision and we are reaping the rewards.

Sadly I fear his request to the "ultras" will be lost on deaf ears, I very much doubt any of them can read. Hopefully they'll have found a new hobby by the time next season comes around.

http://www.qosfc.com/new_newsview.aspx?newsid=2775

Was thinking exactly same thing rangers last two games are falkirk and hearts

Hello friends, I recorded a podcast with ya boi Iain Russell - CLICK.

Really enjoyed speaking to Iain, comes across as a top guy. He speaks a lot about Queen of the South before looking back at the rest of his career.

I'm sure you'll find this worth your while.

Thanks for that it was a good listen. Glad to have my view that Davie Irons is a total arse of a man verified by someone who has worked under him.

Also that John Legend remix is a beezer, you'll definitely pull at your party while that's on!

But knowing Hearts wages and certainly how much our players earn and admitting it publicly

He does know our players wages but has given no inkling of what they are.

Anyone who thinks Hearts players are being paid less than ours is an idiot.

No issue.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

On another note, are both Kevin Holt and Mark Durnan out of contract this summer? I know we've been linked with Holt and that he'd be a development case regardless, but the chances of him signing for us grew significantly slimmer with out announcement of Meggatt.

I'm still hopeful of Durnan as I think he's the best CH in the Championship, and I'm surprised that more clubs (And disappointed that my club) aren't linked with swooping for him.