The Queen of the South thread

Are Queens charging season ticket holders admission for their play off games?

They did last year and I'd imagine they'll plan to do similar this time. I wonder if there will be any moral pressure to try to do something about pricing, on the back of all this though.

The clubs get no payment for a televised league match and playoffs are treated as league matches.

Out of interest do they get money from the electronic advertising boards when the matches are televised.

Correct decision. The club need to cover costs and if someone isn't happy forking out a whole £16 for such a big game then they can stay at home and watch it on TV. Rangers letting their season ticket holders in for free certainly appears to be a nice gesture, but let's face it, they've done this to get as many people through the gate as possible so as to make it an intimidating atmosphere as possible.

#RangersBoardAreShittingIt :D

Edited by 19QOS19

Agree with all above. I have a season ticket but didn't expect to get the play offs for nothing. After the season we've had i don't really expect any fans to grumble paying for a couple of extra games if successful.

Yes, perfectly fair from the club.

I feel that through no fault of their own, they're on a bit of a hiding to nothing here though. There was absolutely no disquiet last year as I recall, about asking people to pay anew in order to get into the Falkirk game, but with all three other clubs now making these noises, it does make Queens look out of line in a bad way.

I think we're caught in the crossfire of other battles with the authorities, being fought by the other clubs and it's unfortunate. I don't think much can be done about it though and the statement is a sensible one that does at least acknowledge the issue.

I can't see the club's stance making a big difference to many on here, but I can see it being used as a stick by some of the half interested. Some will probably use the apparent 'unfairness' to justify staying at home and watching on TV instead.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Guest Flash

Last season's first leg wasn't on tv and there were fewer home fans there than were at the previous normal league game against Livingston.

Falkirk did no better at the second leg with fewer home fans there than were at the first league game against Queens this season.

There are fewer fans at games as the clubs are playing each other far too often and is becoming too boring. Face the facts and start fighting for a bigger league.

The clubs in the top league will never vote it through.