The Queen of the South thread

I don't know what is classed as a doom monger, my so called negative posts were mainly aimed at managers who were dicking about with the team.

If you want to know who takes this and other sites seriously then have a word with pegleg who likes to drive posters away.

Alas, I was so wrong . I reckoned you had disappeared under your stone , realising how ridiculous your tales of woe were looking in the face of continuing good Queens form. I now get a sense of achievement in that I apparently curtailed your dark offerings for a few months at least . If these - and I know its early days - attractive QoS performances can be maintained then I feel you might begin to question your raison d'etre again and vanish . Lastly, you started the personal stuff, not me .

Queens Trust 10th Anniversary raffle tickets are available from the Queens club office. Purchase some when visiting to purchase your tickets for the Rangers game. Raffle tickets are 1 for £1 or book of 6 for £5.

Also hope to be in the Arena selling them before the Morton game.

I don't think it was "either or." It was just the slightly lesser priority of the three competitions we're playing in and quite rightly so IMO. There's already been much debate about the team selection and it was a pretty strong lineup considering what was available.

As for half empty ibrox, I just don't particularly look forward to it when we're already visiting twice and I visited an amazing full ibrox in the playoff not so long ago. Would rather visit an Premier/1/2 ground for some more variety.

And ok I'll be brutally honest, I think there's a good chance we'd be pumped at aforementioned half empty ibrox!

My ambition for Queens in cups is higher than just visiting the old firm away in the next round for some cash. I would rather avoid them and progress as far as possible. But to do so there needs to be some squad rotation which won't always come good.

I don't think it was "either or." It was just the slightly lesser priority of the three competitions we're playing in and quite rightly so IMO. There's already been much debate about the team selection and it was a pretty strong lineup considering what was available.

As for half empty ibrox, I just don't particularly look forward to it when we're already visiting twice and I visited an amazing full ibrox in the playoff not so long ago. Would rather visit an Premier/1/2 ground for some more variety.

And ok I'll be brutally honest, I think there's a good chance we'd be pumped at aforementioned half empty ibrox!

My ambition for Queens in cups is higher than just visiting the old firm away in the next round for some cash. I would rather avoid them and progress as far as possible. But to do so there needs to be some squad rotation which won't always come good.

I wouldn't disagree with much of that.

To be honest, I don't think I'd have gone to any away game in this competition until the neutral final. I certainly wouldn't have bothered with Ibrox for the same reasons as you.

I too want an extended run in the bigger Cups, rather than a payday; but in this diddy one, it's a pity that we sacrificed the chance to do either so tamely.

Despite the two cup exits i think we have made a good start and the manager has made some great signings but disappointed that we didnt get another couple in. Hope to be proved wrong but i think we could have done better than recruit Heffernan and Hutton.

On the injury front after last season i hoped for better luck but Tapping's woes continue and Hillson is a big loss. Squad would look a lot better with them available and of course Harris.

The form ofJordan Marshall is a big bonus - suggest we offer him a longer term deal in the near future or face the prosect of losing him if he continues to improve at this rate. Russell also playing well.

Mark Millar also looks the part but he could do with a goal or two - not short of power in his shooting but he seldom hits the target.

Massive game on Sunday and as others have said we will need to up the ante considerably or face a difficult time. Our first 11/13 is strong but beyond that i think we are light although i liked my first look at Moxon.

Not too bothered about exiting the League Cup - better to have gone through in Petrofac but dont think our squad would have coped with too many more midweek excursions.

Thought Iain Russell was excellent last night, full of running and trickery. It is a case of the boy that cried wolf though . When genuinely fouled he often doesn't get free kicks because he is always looking for the ref to punish the opponent .

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG