The Queen of the South thread

Guest Flash

Depends how marginal you think a 10 point difference over 27 games is.

It equates to 13 points over the season.

Pretty decent margin IMHO.

Or, to put it another way, it is nearly 30% more points than we have just now. I don't think anybody would describe a 30% pay rise as marginal.

Or another way of looking at it is that Livingston are 10 points behind us. Which would mean we have done marginally better than them so far this season.

Depends how marginal you think a 10 point difference over 27 games is.

It equates to 13 points over the season.

Pretty decent margin IMHO.

An extra 3 wins and a draw up until now and 4 wins and a draw until the end of the season. I suppose that's a good bit better really. Edited by RUSTY1111

Probably depends on how you look at it and where we end up. We are 1 point better off than Raith were at the same stage last season and I think their manager was sacked.

Also depends on how much account is taken of the style of play, which has been pretty awful for the most part. And results in the cups have been poor.

Think there are a lot of things that have to be considered but losing players in the summer is definitely one of them.

That's a good summary of the situation.

The loss of good players is certainly mitigating for Fowler. However, the spectacle this team provides and the performance in the Cups, certainly aren't.

Obviously the season isn't yet done, but as things stand, Fowler hasn't done so well that we must strive to hang onto him. Similarly though, he's not done so badly that we simply must get rid.

I suspect it comes down to whether we want yet another change, or to aim for a bit of continuity. If it was up to me, I think I'd be inclined to look elsewhere, but it's not clear cut.

I suspect we'll stick with him and that's maybe not the worst idea in the world.

Are the Under 20's not playing tonight? It's on Bet365 they are but Palmerston is in darkness.

Just checked our site and it's the mora. That's my bet rolling over two fecking days <_<

Edited by 19QOS19

That's a good summary of the situation.The loss of good players is certainly mitigating for Fowler. However, the spectacle this team provides and the performance in the Cups, certainly aren't.Obviously the season isn't yet done, but as things stand, Fowler hasn't done so well that we must strive to hang onto him. Similarly though, he's not done so badly that we simply must get rid.I suspect it comes down to whether we want yet another change, or to aim for a bit of continuity. If it was up to me, I think I'd be inclined to look elsewhere, but it's not clear cut.I suspect we'll stick with him and that's maybe not the worst idea in the world.

That's about the crux of it. It's not clear cut either way and I'm glad it's not me making the decision. Luckily we've got a wonderful board of directors who can do no wrong so I trust them to make the right call!

This season was always going to be about rebuilding. I suppose it comes down to whether you think he's laid suitable enough foundations to improve upon or whether you think he's spent the entire time fighting fires. I have to say as time goes on I'm leaning towards the latter, but it could be through necessity rather than choice.

Of course a new man will likely want to rip the whole lot down and start again, which would take us back to square one. As someone who thinks our position is more down to poor players rather than poor management of the players that might not necessarily be a bad thing.

I see that Scott Thomson, our keeper's Dad is the goalkeeping coach at Ross County, seen celebrating at Hampden in the clip from the dressing room on BBC Sport Scotland.

Edited by RUSTY1111

is Mark Millar injured? Noticed he wasn't even on bench for St Mirren game having been suspended for previous match.

I know he was back from suspension so I expect he just didn't get a space on the bench.

If he was fit and not suspended the fact that our Manager thinks that Millar is not worth a place on the bench far less the starting line up is surprising o say the least.

He is the one midielder whose Compass doesn't constantly point sideways.

If he was fit and not suspended the fact that our Manager thinks that Millar is not worth a place on the bench far less the starting line up is surprising to say the least.

I know what you mean. Like Hutton for example... Edited by RUSTY1111

If he was fit and not suspended the fact that our Manager thinks that Millar is not worth a place on the bench far less the starting line up is surprising o say the least.

Why exactly is it a surprise? He can't pick players based on the potential they may or may not possess but based on their performances in training and during matches. A seat in the stand is more than he deserves based on this season. He was better last season when he was a fat waster. Now he's just a waster.