The Queen of the South thread

we all expect Queens to shoot into Terregles street end first half and towards home supporters in the second half.  Every time we choose or are forced to play the other way round there are always groans and moans about Queens never winning when we  shoot towards our supporters first half.

Well it happened today and we won. What is our record like when we play towards Terregles Street in second half?

we all expect Queens to shoot into Terregles street end first half and towards home supporters in the second half.  Every time we choose or are forced to play the other way round there are always groans and moans about Queens never winning when we  shoot towards our supporters first half.

Well it happened today and we won. What is our record like when we play towards Terregles Street in second half?

That's an excellent question actually.

I don't know if anyone is likely to have a record of such a thing, but it would be interesting to know.

We do shoot towards the home end in the second half 90% of the time.

It feels weird when we don't. Maybe we should do it more often.

That's an excellent question actually.I don't know if anyone is likely to have a record of such a thing, but it would be interesting to know.We do shoot towards the home end in the second half 90% of the time.It feels weird when we don't. Maybe we should do it more often.

There was a game earlier this season when Queens were shooting the untraditional way round. I'm sure it was the last Alloa game when Russell scored in 41 minutes at the Portland End, Queens winning 1-0....

Guest Flash

This season, the only ones I can think of before today were against Falkirk and Alloa.

So the record this season is drew with Falkirk, beat Alloa and Dumbarton.

This season, the only ones I can think of before today were against Falkirk and Alloa.

So the record this season is drew with Falkirk, beat Alloa and Dumbarton.

That's right. The 2-2 Falkirk game was that way round too.

That's our best two home performances this season accounted for.

Well surely now to plan for next season.

If it has to be Fowler then give him another year now.It will give him time to get next season squad signed up as this season has gone now.

I would like Fowler out but that is not going to happen till the end of next season.

We should have still made the playoffs but we had a poor Jan. transfer window.

Raith made some good signing in Jan. to get into the playoffs.

Hardie or Murdoch from Rangers.

We need goals so we sign a midfielder just about says it all really.

Well surely now to plan for next season.If it has to be Fowler then give him another year now.It will give him time to get next season squad signed up as this season has gone now.I would like Fowler out but that is not going to happen till the end of next season.We should have still made the playoffs but we had a poor Jan. transfer window.Raith made some good signing in Jan. to get into the playoffs.Hardie or Murdoch from Rangers.We need goals so we sign a midfielder just about says it all really.

Sounds like us about 3 of our 6 Championship seasons.

The January window cost us where our rivals strengthened. It sucks when you are already counting down the days til August in March also.

Sounds like us about 3 of our 6 Championship seasons.

The January window cost us where our rivals strengthened. It sucks when you are already counting down the days til August in March also.

You certainly strengthened as we weakened in January of last season.

You certainly strengthened as we weakened in January of last season.

Baird and Kerr in was decent business.

Once Loy got injured it was game over for us.

That wasn't 1 of the seasons I was referring too.

The 1st season down (2010/11)

The season Rangers went belly up (2012/13)

Also the following season when Dundee and Hamilton went up.

All 3 we could easily have got up with a decent January signing.

Baird and Kerr in was decent business.

Once Loy got injured it was game over for us.

That wasn't 1 of the seasons I was referring too.

The 1st season down (2010/11)

The season Rangers went belly up (2012/13)

Also the following season when Dundee and Hamilton went up.

All 3 we could easily have got up with a decent January signing.

The one where Dundee and Hamilton went up, certainly provided a good opportunity.

Didn't Rangers go belly up in 2011/12? The following season was the one that saw the re-birth toil in the bottom league. I take it you refer to Rangers simply as a chronological marker, rather than as a relevant factor?

The one where Dundee and Hamilton went up, certainly provided a good opportunity.Didn't Rangers go belly up in 2011/12? The following season was the one that saw the re-birth toil in the bottom league. I take it you refer to Rangers simply as a chronological marker, rather than as a relevant factor?

My bad.

It was 11/12 and yes I was using Gers as a marker.

It seemed our club didn't feel Rangers would be removed from the SPL and didn't try to get a top 2 position.

I remember arguing with a lot of supporters after the Ramsden cup final that top 2 will both go up because Rangers will be liquidated.

It seemed a lot of our own fans were head in the sand with that 1

Keep:

Thomson

Kidd

Dowie

Brownlie

Higgins

Harris

Lyle

Russell

Tapping

Hutton

Pickard

Murdoch

Atkinson

Hilson

Hooper

Marshall

Oliver

Bin:

Millar

Conroy

Unsure:

Murray

Rutherford

Jacobs

Moxon

Smith

Dickinson

Brotherston

Harris and Murdoch would be great but they are just on loan from Hibs and Rangers.

Keep:

Thomson

Kidd

Dowie

Brownlie

Higgins

Harris

Lyle

Russell

Tapping

Hutton

Pickard

Murdoch

Atkinson

Hilson

Hooper

Marshall

Oliver

Bin:

Millar

Conroy

Unsure:

Murray

Rutherford

Jacobs

Moxon

Smith

Dickinson

Brotherston

I agree we don't need much tweaking just here and there. I Base that on guys like pickard and brownlie growing and improving in their roles

Agree with palmy cammy apart from keeping brownlie and I would also reserve judgement till end of season on tapping to see if he doesn't get another injury.

Edited by QosLoyal

Keep:

Thomson

Kidd

Dowie

Brownlie

Higgins

Harris

Lyle

Russell

Tapping

Hutton

Pickard

Murdoch

Atkinson

Hilson

Hooper

Marshall

Oliver

Bin:

Millar

Conroy

Unsure:

Murray

Rutherford

Jacobs

Moxon

Smith

Dickinson

Brotherston

I am sure that I will be in the minority but I would definitely keep Mark Millar. I am pretty sure that the Manager will not want him and I am equally sure that the player himself will want to move on so itis probably academic. In my view Millar has been left out of the team and replaced by players of much less ability in key matches. If my memory serves me right he didntplay in anyof the recent big 3 away games (Raith Morton and St Mirren and we lost them all. People constantly use the word "attitude" when it comes to Mark Millar as if this is an unusual trait in a footballer. If you take an average bench on an average weekend players that have been left out of the starting line up will sit there in a huff and many will secretly wish for a defeat or a poor performance from those players competing for their position. If we want to be consistent and only keep players with an impeccable attitude then we may have pretty thin squads.

One could argue that Messrs Kerr and Baird displayed bad attitudes but I would rather that they were still with us than at Falkirk!

I dont think that Jim Atkinson should stay with us to be on the bench for another season - he either needs to be loaned out or he needs to move on.

I keep hearing the word attitude where Millar is concerned

I am sure that I will be in the minority but I would definitely keep Mark Millar. I am pretty sure that the Manager will not want him and I am equally sure that the player himself will want to move on so itis probably academic. In my view Millar has been left out of the team and replaced by players of much less ability in key matches. If my memory serves me right he didntplay in anyof the recent big 3 away games (Raith Morton and St Mirren and we lost them all. People constantly use the word "attitude" when it comes to Mark Millar as if this is an unusual trait in a footballer. If you take an average bench on an average weekend players that have been left out of the starting line up will sit there in a huff and many will secretly wish for a defeat or a poor performance from those players competing for their position. If we want to be consistent and only keep players with an impeccable attitude then we may have pretty thin squads.

One could argue that Messrs Kerr and Baird displayed bad attitudes but I would rather that they were still with us than at Falkirk!

I dont think that Jim Atkinson should stay with us to be on the bench for another season - he either needs to be loaned out or he needs to move on.

I keep hearing the word attitude where Millar is concerned

I would keep Millar, IF I thought we would get the player thats obviously there, rather than the player we've seen for most of this season

Im not sure being on the bench is the issue. He's started plenty of games but consistently failed to deliver.

I would keep Millar, IF I thought we would get the player thats obviously there, rather than the player we've seen for most of this season

Im not sure being on the bench is the issue. He's started plenty of games but consistently failed to deliver.

How long do you wait though? We took a similar gamble on him this season and it hasn't paid off.