The Queen of the South thread

Robinson is a bit of a cult hero, and did a good job for us in his 3(?) spells with us. By all accounts he's a nice guy as well (I've never spoken to him).

He's the answer to a question that doesn't need answering though.

Robinson is a cult hero and I wish he'd stayed on in Dumfries. Whatever the question is, do you think Queens are better with Thomson and Atkinson?

Robinson is a cult hero and I wish he'd stayed on in Dumfries. Whatever the question is, do you think Queens are better with Thomson and Atkinson?

The fact Robinson hasn't played football for a year, and the indication is that he might be off to America means it doesn't really matter a f**k what I think.

By all means debate whether we need a better goalkeeper next season. It's not going to be Robinson though.

The fact Robinson hasn't played football for a year, and the indication is that he might be off to America means it doesn't really matter a f**k what I think.

By all means debate whether we need a better goalkeeper next season. It's not going to be Robinson though.

He has been in America since July and started off in Vegas as he was on my flight out and I had a word with him. He was telling me he was quietly rooting for us from the bench in the playoff second leg as he had been told he was offski.

Surely the manager should be picking a team most fans would agree with not a pic&mix

Atkinson/Thomson

Kidd Dowie Higgins Marshall (Rutherford since Marshall injury)

Murdoch (Tapping/Millar) Hutton Harris

50/50 Lyle Russell Hilson Oliver

Players in position most important thing!

Surely the manager should be picking a team most fans would agree with not a pic&mix

Atkinson/Thomson

Good luck finding a team most fans would agree with. Even if you could, its arguably the worst idea of how to pick a team ever.

Atkinson/Thomson

Is Rutherford not at Arbroath until the season's end on a development loan?

Rutherford is back since Arbroath changed manager. He has been at our last three games.

Thanks for that. I thought I heard Fowler saying he was back and my relative told me the same thing. Recall hearing Arbroath's manager had left the club.

Why on earth has he not been played that's crazy get Higgy back in with Dowie our best centre pairing by far!

I can only assume that Rutherford is so far off the pace at this level that he cannot contemplate selecting him BUT i agree 100% that it has been madness to tamper with the Higgy: Dowie partnership. For me Brownlie is simply not good enough and by accommodating him and pushing Higgy to left back we weaken the entire back four. To make matters worse the Manager drops Kidd at Dumbarton for some inexplicable reason to weaken our back line even further.

It is no coincidence that since we have broken up the Higgy: Dowie partnership our goals against record has been horrendous - surely we could have played Kidd Higgy and Dowie and compromised at left back using one of Jacobs Conroy or Murdoch. i thought the role of Football analyst would have been able to see the trend although it is really concerning that the Manager cant see that for himself.

It certainly does not inspire confidence.

Maybe, but the debate over whether deploying him there is best for the team, is perfectly legitimate.

It is, but without Marshall then Higgins is easily our best option for that position. Unless we go to a back 3 Higgins will have to be sacrificed from CB. Brownlie has been dodgy at times but the boy won't get better sitting on the bench and at this stage of the season I'd rather he got the game time at CB so he can be assessed on whether to re-sign him or not.

I know out best CB pairing is Higgins and Dowie but neither are getting any younger so trying to put some youth in our backline is something I'll struggle to criticise.