The Queen of the South thread

"A couple of high profile posters continually posting they don't like it does not an entire support make".

True, that. I guess I'll have to live with it which I can do so long as the red gets nowhere near any scarves.

The all red one was a bit novel back then. I also think that the fact that it was worn in the season immediately after the Cup final would have had a significant impact on sales.

So long as no red trim ever adorns the home top, I don't see a problem.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Anyone else heard anything about Lyle signing for Dunfermline and Kidd heading to Falkirk next season !!! Heard a whisper, hopefully not true.

Lyle said on the latest podcast that he was looking to stay and that he'd been made an offer. Russell said pretty much the same thing.

I imagine Dunfermline would be able to offer better wages and they're a bigger club than ourselves, but it would surely have to be a very good wage for Lyle to move now you'd imagine? They won't win the league next season and I don't imagine Lyle has anymore than 1 or 2 seasons left in him so surely he can't be expecting a return to the top flight now. A chance to break 100 goals at a club is surely a big draw for him at this stage of his career?

Yep from what I recall Lyle also had other offers but his preference was to stay.

Yeah, thats what I took from it.

I imagine Dunfermline would be able to offer better wages and they're a bigger club than ourselves, but it would surely have to be a very good wage for Lyle to move now you'd imagine? They won't win the league next season and I don't imagine Lyle has anymore than 1 or 2 seasons left in him so surely he can't be expecting a return to the top flight now. A chance to break 100 goals at a club is surely a big draw for him at this stage of his career?

He said in the interview that it wasn't about money.

The all red one was a bit novel back then. I also think that the fact that it was worn in the season immediately after the Cup final would have had a significant impact on sales.

Aye, I guess so.

Aye, I guess so.

After I posted that, it actually occurred to me that we did have a home kit back in the 80s with a bit of red in it.

A look at the Historical Kits site tells me that it was season 83/84.

Shameful. Almost as bad as the black and red socks we periodically wore in the more distant past.

After I posted that, it actually occurred to me that we did have a home kit back in the 80s with a bit of red in it.

A look at the Historical Kits site tells me that it was season 83/84.

Shameful. Almost as bad as the black and red socks we periodically wore in the more distant past.

This is what I am afraid of.

Any news on new kits and sponsors?

what kind of news you looking for? The shirt sponsorship draw is tomorrow night and the unveiling of the tops also, there has been leaks in qos media colours home blue and red away.

Apparently, it's going to have a wide red diagonal stripe (a la Motherwell's shirt) in a clear reference to the Union flag, which will neatly reflect the area's strong No vote in the 2014 referendum. No photos yet.