The Queen of the South thread

Josh Todd has now signed for Dumbarton.

They have to pay a fee for him.

Is there no rumour of any Queens signing must be a loan signing but won,t happen till after Cup games.

I am right in saying the ref decides what end pens. will be taken then  the captains flip a coin for the right to go 1st /2nd

No we don't, he's signed as an amateur.

Wasn't at the game yesterday but will definitely be at Palmy on Tuesday night. I enjoy the occasional away trip but I would rather spend my hard earned cash on following Queens at home.
I actually can't believe some of the drivel that is being written on here and being directed at the club by some "fans". Certain individuals need to have a reality check......I can only assume that their filter is broken as they really need to think before they type.
I am old enough to remember the dark Harkness era when sub 500 crowds were commonplace. We as a club are light years away from those days now and I'm quietly confident that we can have a relatively successful season again in what will be another interesting but difficult campaign ahead.

Wasn't at the game yesterday but will definitely be at Palmy on Tuesday night. I enjoy the occasional away trip but I would rather spend my hard earned cash on following Queens at home.
I actually can't believe some of the drivel that is being written on here and being directed at the club by some "fans". Certain individuals need to have a reality check......I can only assume that their filter is broken as they really need to think before they type.
I am old enough to remember the dark Harkness era when sub 500 crowds were commonplace. We as a club are light years away from those days now and I'm quietly confident that we can have a relatively successful season again in what will be another interesting but difficult campaign ahead.

Tbf its only really parkgate with the absolute depressing shite thus far. Looking forward to tuesday.

I didn't go because I am on holiday. Seems to have been a comfortable win, that's all we can ask for the first game. And better than Celtic managed!

Same with me I'm in Tenerife and I know another 2 diehards who are away at the moment it's the start of the holiday to be expected and with continue for the next 5 or 6 weeks lol

28 minutes ago, Flash said:

I saw that.  It's a nice piece.

I was struck though by the statement that the Hearts game in 1952 was all-ticket.  Can anyone confirm the accuracy of that?  Did we really print over 26,000 tickets in anticipation of a crowd that size.  I'd assumed that we'd just had a huge number turn up on the day.

Glad to see fan's favourite Jake Pickard on the scoresheet.

I was in Blackpool yesterday, and when I checked the scorers I was standing outside Coral Island. I saw Pickard was a scorer and actually laughed and said get it right up ye! (As in to the ones who slag the boy constantly, obviously). As I was standing alone, by passers must have thought I was mental.

I'm glad to see Skelton has given Pickard a good pre-season. I've said all along there's a player in there but finding his correct position is the tricky bit.

Out of interest, where was he played yesterday?

59 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Tbf its only really parkgate with the absolute depressing shite thus far. Looking forward to tuesday.

who almost certainly wasn't there himself either and is just stirring as usual.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I was in Blackpool yesterday, and when I checked the scorers I was standing outside Coral Island. I saw Pickard was a scorer and actually laughed and said get it right up ye! (As in to the ones who slag the boy constantly, obviously). As I was standing alone, by passers must have thought I was mental.

I'm glad to see Skelton has given Pickard a good pre-season. I've said all along there's a player in there but finding his correct position is the tricky bit.

Pickard played central midfield alongside Tapping. He played well but had to be subbed later on in case he got sent off as he'd committed a foul or two after being booked. Coincidentally I was in Coral Island at Blackpool 10 days earlier!

Don't worry Blackpool is full of mental people [emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Glad to see fan's favourite Jake Pickard on the scoresheet.

I'll be the first to admit I wasn't one of Pickard's admirers last season, maybe because his performances were a bit hit and miss and his inclusion was keeping more experienced and potentially better players out of the team when I felt that was what was needed.  I will say that what I have seen of him so far in the pre-season and yesterday, bearing in mind the level of opposition of course, has been quite impressive. Whether he can do it on a regular basis against better opposition remains to be seen. He at least deserves his chance but if it's not happening for him I hope Skelton is big enough to see it and not persevere with him which I thought Fowler was guilty of.

As for yesterday's game, it was fairly comfortable and we should and could have scored more goals. We had a stonewall  penalty denied us as the ref gave a free-kick at the edge of the box and not even a booking for the cynical tackle that led to it.  Queens Park offered little as an attacking force but our players to their credit kept their attitude focused.

Like others I am a bit confused why  some supporters were not keen on going to the game yesterday just because it had been switched to Airdrie. Obviously a lot are on holiday or working but to not go if you are able just because it was not at Hampden seems a bit strange. As has already been said, you support the team and where they play should be irrelevant.  It's not as if there is a major increase in distance.

I see James Fowler has a full page spread in the Sunday Mail today talking about his desire to get back into the game. Part of me feels he was maybe a bit harshly treated by Queens but then I remember some of the dire performances and negativity last season and it was maybe the right decision for him to go. To his credit he has never said anything bad about the Club since he left and I wish him all the best in getting back into Management/Coaching in some capacity. 

Don't worry Blackpool is full of mental people [emoji23][emoji23]

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

As for yesterday's game, it was fairly comfortable and we should and could have scored more goals. We had a stonewall  penalty denied us as the ref gave a free-kick at the edge of the box and not even a booking for the cynical tackle that led to it.  Queens Park offered little as an attacking force but our players to their credit kept their attitude focused.

He was booked for that foul. It clearly should have been a penalty too. Even the Queens Park guys admitted that.

We played well enough yesterday and put the game to bed early. Disappointed we didn't add to the score in the second half though. Goal difference could still be a factor in moving forward. Still, given results elsewhere, a 2-0 win without any serious concerns is not to be sniffed at.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

He was booked for that foul. It clearly should have been a penalty too. Even the Queens Park guys admitted that.

We played well enough yesterday and put the game to bed early. Disappointed we didn't add to the score in the second half though. Goal difference could still be a factor in moving forward. Still, given results elsewhere, a 2-0 win without any serious concerns is not to be sniffed at.

I must have missed the player being booked in the kerfuffle at the free-kick decision. Certain few supporters around me wondered if he had been booked

Some of you Queens fans need to get to a gym lol

That's the thing though. Macron sizes are height based not width. So tall folks like me are subjected to the utter shame of buying a 4XL when normally we'd be looking at an L!