The Queen of the South thread

Been to Dunfermline and St Mirren so far this season but won't go anywhere near castle greyskull, I made a decision years ago not to give them a penny, if the match was at Palmerston I wouldn't attend either. The last time we shared a gate with them I bought extra half time draw tickets at the next match I attended anything but give that shower money !

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Am I missing something or does that video miss all 4 goals?

when I found it I assumed 27 mins long it will have the goals watched the warm up bit then  posted  it on here. Watched 5 mins of nonsense to see us celebrating :thumbsdown

1 hour ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Can one of the statto's advise what is Queens' best unbeaten start to a league season? I imagine we must be getting close to our best ever start. 

We are certainly nowhere near our best ever start. The 85-86 team went 13 unbeaten and Allan Johnston's side didnt lose until November or something (1-0 at Alloa). Both were at a lower level though. Not sure what our best start at this level is.

When did we last reach the quarters of the league cup?

Was the game a few years back away to Hibs not the quarter finals? Can't mind the year but it was a midweek game where we took a massive crowd and got beat 2-1.

May have been the last 16 though.

We are certainly nowhere near our best ever start. The 85-86 team went 13 unbeaten and Allan Johnston's side didnt lose until November or something (1-0 at Alloa). Both were at a lower level though. Not sure what our best start at this level is.

Bloody hell I was at both these games lol we lost by a couple of goals at Dunfermline remembered for Tony Gervaise being taken off with hyperthermia and the Alloa game being postponed the Saturday before for a frozen pitch !!! It was colder on the Tuesday night it was played mind it was -14 according to the car when I parked lol

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was the game a few years back away to Hibs not the quarter finals? Can't mind the year but it was a midweek game where we took a massive crowd and got beat 2-1.

May have been the last 16 though.

Na that was 3rd round.  We were 2 down before half the Queens support got into the ground!

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

At Celtic in 1990, after we'd beaten top flight Dunfermline in the previous round.

We've had three quarter finals in the Scottish Cup in the last decade though.

I was too young for that one, was there much of a Queens support up that night?