The Queen of the South thread

In terms of missed opportunity I dont think it is  exaggerating too much to say  that last nights result was one of the most disappointing in our long history. I would add that Albion are only a League below us so I dont think we can flatter ourselves by saying that it was a big shock but the manner of the defeat and the unprofessional nature of it simply highlights that this group of players are pretty spineless and to use that overused Managerial term "lack character". I am choosing my words carefully but the run of defeats, the manner of these defeats and the complete lack of leadership on the pitch was in full evidence last n

The naivety displayed in the last few minutes was unbelieveable - our two central midfielders at that point were Millar and Dykes ( who incidentally was woeful from start to finish last night). Neither of them are remotely interested in tactical awareness and thinking about protecting the back 4. There wasnt a single thought about keeping things tight at the back - when they went down to 10 men we had nobody on or off the park who seemed to grasp the importance of the occasion. Given our lack of chances to equalise, a draw would have been a great outcome - we simply had to stay in the Cup at all costs. When you see the winning goal on Sky our players had ample opportunity to defend that attack but player after player failed to do their job. Nobody took responsibility.

This squad is miles behind the teams that finished in Play Off positions under McIntyre and Fowler - the attitude, tactical awareness and desire is just not at the same level. Yes we had disappointing results and performances in that period but the players invariably dug deep and bounced back. This group just dont have it and it remains to be seen if a new Manager can somehow get a reaction. 

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Hilarious that folk are talking about throwing away season tickets and being "done" with the club. Fucking behave yourselves :lol: . You're a mid table Championship side sitting mid table in the Championship, things are not that bad.

Yes, the "I'll never be back" stuff is a bit over the top, but people are legitimately pissed off.

To point out that we're in mid-table is a bit deliberately misleading, because the point of course is, that our form is quite so dreadful.  We just keep on losing, sometimes heavily and have been doing nothing else for many weeks now.  All the signs suggest that we're merely passing through the middle of the table, just as we've done with the top four positions.  A reading that ignores that steep trend is in truth, pretty worthless.

The Scottish Cup could have offered us a real chance to kick-start our season again, especially when the draw presented us with the potential of an attractive and lucrative fixture for January.

And that's before we even consider the strangeness behind the scenes that saw a manager leave after a very short spell, for reasons that remain unclear.  We also have our three week delay in replacing him, while a stand-in about whom many have reservations, gets to oversee rotten performances and crucial defeats.

I think last night's result needs to be put in context, in order for anyone to understand the reaction it's excited.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

In my view the board have a stark choice now. Continue with the present management structure and watch attendances drop, or change the structure and appoint a manager who is allowed to pick his own backroom staff.

To say people are overreacting is just nonsense. Why should people be obliged to continue to financially support the club by attending games when they disagree with how it appears to be run at the moment and if they are not enjoying the product presented to them? I have no inclination to attend Palmerston anytime soon.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, the "I'll never be back" stuff is a bit over the top, but people are legitimately pissed off.

To point out that we're in mid-table is a bit deliberately misleading, because the point of course is, that our form is quite so dreadful.  We just keep on losing, sometimes heavily and have been doing nothing else for many weeks now.  All the signs suggest that we're merely passing through the middle of the table, just as we've done with the top four positions.  A reading that ignores that steep trend is in truth, pretty worthless.

The Scottish Cup could have offered us a real chance to kick-start our season again, especially when the draw presented us with the potential of an attractive and lucrative fixture for January.

And that's before we even consider the strangeness behind the scenes that saw a manager leave after a very short spell, for reasons that remain unclear.  We also have our three week delay in replacing him, while a stand-in about whom many have reservations, gets to oversee rotten performances and crucial defeats.

I think last night's defeat needs to put in context, in order for anyone to understand the reaction it's excited.

Fair points and I understand that all is not well with the club. By all means be pissed off, there are many Sons fans pissed off with our current off-field (and on-field for that matter) situation, but I don't see anyone looking to abandon the club because the board aren't doing what the fans want.  It just seems counter productive to me.

I assume Queens have a Trust or Supporters Group? Surely looking to gather fan opinion through that and ask for open discussions with the board is more constructive than starving the club of more income? 

Nobody is obliged to put their money into the club, but when you remove your money from the club you need to accept it gives them less to operate on and makes it harder for them to remedy your situation.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Fair points and I understand that all is not well with the club. By all means be pissed off, there are many Sons fans pissed off with our current off-field (and on-field for that matter) situation, but I don't see anyone looking to abandon the club because the board aren't doing what the fans want.  It just seems counter productive to me.

I assume Queens have a Trust or Supporters Group? Surely looking to gather fan opinion through that and ask for open discussions with the board is more constructive than starving the club of more income? 

Nobody is obliged to put their money into the club, but when you remove your money from the club you need to accept it gives them less to operate on and makes it harder for them to remedy your situation.

It's a slight shift in the argument, but again, I don't really agree.

I think fans need to be prepared to exercise the right to withdraw financial support if they wish.  I find the idea that there's blind, unconditional backing that can be taken for granted and exploited, altogether more unpalatable.

I'm not saying that's what Queens fans should do here.  I'll be at the upcoming home games.  I'm just saying that there's nothing wrong with disillusioned fans choosing to stay away.

My opinion is that you stick by your club through thick and thin. Don't take the ' it's my ball, I'm taking it home ' attitude. Yeah be pissed off with things and air your views but stick by your team and support the players and management team when the games are being played. Maybe we should give the BOD the benefit of doubt here. It's impossible to please everyone and if they had went out and rushed an appointment we'd all be moaning. Hopefully they have took their time and are getting in who they want. I'm led to believe that there could be an announcement tomorrow or the next day and that the new manager will be allowed to bring in their own assistant. JT will hopefully revert back to his community based job, which is ideally suited to him. Yeah it's not ideal when you miss out on a lucrative home draw with Celtic but it's not a disaster like the tragedy of the plane crash in Columbia. We'll bounce back again and look back and think, what were we all worrying about. (Hopefully) The players are short on confidence just now and will hopefully get a lift from a new guy in charge and try to impress, which usually happens after a new appointment. Staying away from games is cutting your nose off to spite your face. The club needs as many people through the fates as possible in order to bring new players in. 

1 minute ago, Come on queens said:

Yeah it's not ideal when you miss out on a lucrative home draw with Celtic but it's not a disaster like the tragedy of the plane crash in Columbia. 

Thanks for pointing that out.

I'd otherwise have placed the two events right alongside each other.

1 hour ago, Come on queens said:

My opinion is that you stick by your club through thick and thin. Don't take the ' it's my ball, I'm taking it home ' attitude. Yeah be pissed off with things and air your views but stick by your team and support the players and management team when the games are being played. Maybe we should give the BOD the benefit of doubt here. It's impossible to please everyone and if they had went out and rushed an appointment we'd all be moaning. Hopefully they have took their time and are getting in who they want. I'm led to believe that there could be an announcement tomorrow or the next day and that the new manager will be allowed to bring in their own assistant. JT will hopefully revert back to his community based job, which is ideally suited to him. Yeah it's not ideal when you miss out on a lucrative home draw with Celtic but it's not a disaster like the tragedy of the plane crash in Columbia. We'll bounce back again and look back and think, what were we all worrying about. (Hopefully) The players are short on confidence just now and will hopefully get a lift from a new guy in charge and try to impress, which usually happens after a new appointment. Staying away from games is cutting your nose off to spite your face. The club needs as many people through the fates as possible in order to bring new players in. 

*Colombia

Queens Christmas karaoke/chat with lyndon dykes On facebook page No thanks! (No even a Xmas song on it)

Would much rather be listening/watching an interview with a new manager and his plans to resurect the season, come on get this nonsense sorted asap.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Queens Christmas karaoke/chat with lyndon dykes On facebook page No thanks! (No even a Xmas song on it)

Would much rather be listening/watching an interview with a new manager and his plans to resurect the season, come on get this nonsense sorted asap.

Embarrassing......watched the first 10 seconds and that was enough!!!

We seem to stumble from one disaster to another these days!

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Its not exactly an either or kinda thing though is it?

Its not like anyone took time out of finding a new manager to make the video

26 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Embarrassing......watched the first 10 seconds and that was enough!!!

We seem to stumble from one disaster to another these days!

Disaster? :huh:

Gary Naismith appointment as manager. Happy about this even if he is coming from a lower decision club. Apparently it took as long is because he was tied up at another club

We were interested in him before we got McKinnon in.

3 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

You're so touchy these days Mr X.......relax man......it's only internet banter!

PS please don't give my contact details to the Thomson's!!

Ah, ok got confused. Im so used to using #bantz for my banter

Sorry, they threatened to do my hair

2b0c54c0-15e5-11e4-a80a-d970708d5e87_Tho