The Queen of the South thread

On 11/12/2016 at 08:22, Skyline Drifter said:

Dobs now moves level with his former teammate John O'Neill on 70 goals. Lyle moves another goal nearer to Andy Thomson.

Christ! I feel old.

I've seen over half of that list on the pitch:(

Has anyone bought this season's shirt? Looks the best in a long while.
My favourite since the FIAT one back in 1994-1995.

I had it, then my washing machine chewed it to shreds a couple of weeks after [emoji24] It's the first one I've had since the black and red away one from the relegation season, so our current predicament is entirely my fault.

36 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep i`ve seen 13 of them.:lol:

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Just nine for this young fledgling.

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The joys of youth.

I think I've probably technically seen 10 of them but not certain. In terms of any memory of them in reality I'd say 7. Messrs Thomson, Lyle, Bryce, Mallan, Robertson, O'Neill and Dobbie, as well as Alexander in his brief cameo player / manager role in the 90's (did he score more than 1 goal in that short contribution?).

I did see the odd game in the late 70's so I've probably been to games in which McChesney and Reid, and Alexander the first time, played. I don't really remember them though.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think I've probably technically seen 10 of them but not certain. In terms of any memory of them in reality I'd say 7. Messrs Thomson, Lyle, Bryce, Mallan, Robertson, O'Neill and Dobbie, as well as Alexander in his brief cameo player / manager role in the 90's (did he score more than 1 goal in that short contribution?).

I did see the odd game in the late 70's so I've probably been to games in which McChesney and Reid, and Alexander the first time, played. I don't really remember them though.

I'd left Ian Reid out of the mental list I'd compiled for myself, but looking at his dates, it's actually likely that I saw him once or twice, bringing my total to ten.  I can't be sure about that one though, while I am about the others you mention and have distinct memories of seeing each.

14 for me, having started to attend Palmerston (not very regularly as a nipper) in George Farm's last season I probably saw all of them that played after that. Numbers 2, 8, 11, 14, 19 and 20 are the ones I ruled out. Hard, and not very fair, to pick a favourite but Mallan, Bryce, Thomson and Dobbie would contest the top four places but they all had/have different styles and strengths.

As for the shirt debate, I have to confess that I'm not into buying replica tops but I liked the "Fiat" blue and yellow stripe, the black and red stripe from a few seasons back and the current home and away kits.