The Queen of the South thread

The board have to back the manager in Jan.

Queens need at least 3 players to even stay in the Championship.

Look at Dunfermline.

They had Cardle and Reilly plus more on the bench we had Carmichael and boys on the bench.

At times today it was men v boys huge job for Naysmith just hope the board and Naysmith are up to it

On 16/12/2016 at 21:11, Doonhamer doon south said:

Bridgend south wales. Bit of a trek

It is a trek, A bus load of us go to Port Talbot to watch Afan Lido once a year, Usually takes about 6 and a half hours by minibus.

Not been this season yet, hopefully get down after new year at some point.

Did you go to the cup final in 2008. If so then you`ve seen O`Neill

No. I was at the home leg of uefa cup game and saw Dobbie in one or possibly two league matches in the 09 season. Lyle is more recent seasons. Other than games I went to with my old man in early nineties but don't remember them. So unfortunately just the 2 for me

Not sure why we need Stewart either. In Lyle and Dobbie we have a strike partnership that would do a job at any club in this division. They can't do it without any service though.

We are crying out for some creativity in the middle of the park and I sincerely hope both players coming in are midfielders of some sort. Up front is furthest from our problem area.

Never really heard of Nicky Low.

He was with Aberdeen from 2010-15 with 28 league games and 2 goals.

Two loan spells at Forfar  (1st spell 29 league games and 6 goals) & (2nd spell 10 league games and no goals).

2015-Present with Dundee with 23 league games and 1 goal.

He'll be 25 years old on 6th January and could be joining Queens just after that.

He's a very, very good player. He's got the dig of Paul McGowan, and is probably and the best set piece taker at the club (Hateley is our designated corner taker though). I still think he could easily be a very good player for us.

You'll love him if he plays. And that's where the massive if comes in. He's been with us for almost 2 year now and has only managed to start 17 league games.

He's got another 18 months on his deal but if he does well for you, I don't think we'd be too hard to deal with in terms of getting him permanently as he's been a waste of a wage really.

Pity, and I hope if he does join you on loan or otherwise he manages to tear it up because he is talented.

Never really heard of Nicky Low.
He was with Aberdeen from 2010-15 with 28 league games and 2 goals.
Two loan spells at Forfar  (1st spell 29 league games and 6 goals) & (2nd spell 10 league games and no goals).
2015-Present with Dundee with 23 league games and 1 goal.
He'll be 25 years old on 6th January and could be joining Queens just after that.

It would have been quicker if you'd just posted a ljnk to his Wiki page.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not sure why we need Stewart either. In Lyle and Dobbie we have a strike partnership that would do a job at any club in this division. They can't do it without any service though.

We are crying out for some creativity in the middle of the park and I sincerely hope both players coming in are midfielders of some sort. Up front is furthest from our problem area.

Its about bodies though, isnt it? After Lyle and Dobbie we have no-one with any kind of experience. Thats why I said I couldnt see Stewart coming here. Why would he swap Raiths bench for ours?

I disagree on the midfield. We're creating chances and doing ok scoring goals. What we need in the midfield is some energy and protection for the back four.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Not sure Nicky Low is what we need. As he a player, he might be, but it seems he is another that is often injured, going by the response I got on the dundee thread.

Theres often a trade at our level on players with a greater ability then we could otherwise attract but who come with a higher risk of injuries. We took that gamble on Tapping and lost out. This maybe isnt the right time to take a similar gamble.