The Queen of the South thread

47 minutes ago, JTulip said:

Choose match day posters, choose sponsoring players, youth tournaments, and fixture sign board, choose shirt draw entries and pop up shops, choose rattles and maracas, choose meetings and stalls, choose beach towels and t shirts, choose competitions, tidying Palmerston, half time entertainments, raffles, choose buying shares, choose promoting all things @OfficialQosFC and choose encouraging the next generation of fans.... Choose your Trust! Join today. Only £10/£5 and chance to win one of 4 QOS season tickets.

66702FA6-610C-494C-AB74-ADA85D6FFDF8.jpeg

giphy (2).gif

Guest Flash
On 19/06/2020 at 16:41, Skyline Drifter said:

Well as others have said, it's related to the fact that exclusive rights to "live UK broadcast" for the SPFL lie with Sky who therefore have to give permission for a relaxation. I'm genuinely not sure where that's at in terms of being allowed beyond season ticket holders. Hopefully it will be. There's no real benefit for Sky in denying that for Saturday 3pm games in the Championship unless there's a prospect of them actually showing live 3pm Saturday games.

Not sure if this has been discussed further, but the SPFL Rules look like they have been updated to cover streaming of games.  It appears that they will allow pay per view as well as season ticket holders. Games on Sky won’t be available on PPV and the number of season ticket holders allowed to access the live streams will be restricted to the number of season tickets clubs sold in 2019/20, unless they obtain permission from Sky to sell more. Goes without saying that only games which are behind closed doors or subject to limited attendance can be transmitted by clubs. Think clubs will be allowed to decide whether U18 tickets will allow access (subject to them being able to sign up to the terms and conditions in any case).

Question about the club's fanbase. Do the club attract supporters from the Carlisle area (excluding folk from D&G who moved to the area) or is it purely from Dumfrieshire & Kirkudbrightshire?

39 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Question about the club's fanbase. Do the club attract supporters from the Carlisle area (excluding folk from D&G who moved to the area) or is it purely from Dumfrieshire & Kirkudbrightshire?

I don't think we particularly attract supporters from Carlisle area per se. Perhaps used to be the case in 'olden days' when Carlisle were away some of their fans came to our games but doesn't really happen much since the advent of so much televised football.

Our support base comes mainly from Dumfries of course (and ex-pats living in the Central Belt) but also from outlying areas like Annan (despite now having their own league side), Lockerbie / Lochmaben, Upper NIthsdale, and Kirkcudbrightshire I'd say.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'd settle for the club attracting supporters from the Dumfries area.  It would be a start.

On 08/04/2020 at 22:56, SUPERSOUTH said:

Semple should be a priority signing for Johnston, He is a very good young CB there are not many of the likes going around. He really enjoys playing at Queens and plays with his heart on his sleave, shame maybe the manager doesn't quite grasp that would be a big loss to the club, He is a player the club could make money from in the future. 

Connor Murray to Livi very surprised to hear that he's a Championship level player at best, He hasn't improved enough in last few seasons to say otherwise... 

3 months down the line now  I wonder if AJ has contacted Semple or any of the other young players like Mercer, Pybus Murray, Lyons or Irving about signing for Queens as soon as pre season starts again. Surely the club can afford to take the manager off furlough and let him try and assemble a squad good enough that will help to keep his job before all players in signed up by other teams... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

3 months down the line now  I wonder if AJ has contacted Semple or any of the other young players like Mercer, Pybus Murray, Lyons or Irving about signing for Queens as soon as pre season starts again. Surely the club can afford to take the manager of furlough and earn his wage for what will be a massive season for him trying to keep and extend his job.. 
Why spend money when we don't know when the season will start? I expect every penny will be a prisoner, particularly next season, so I'm happy for AJ to be furloughed until the Board have a date set in stone for a restart.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
27 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:
3 months down the line now  I wonder if AJ has contacted Semple or any of the other young players like Mercer, Pybus Murray, Lyons or Irving about signing for Queens as soon as pre season starts again. Surely the club can afford to take the manager of furlough and earn his wage for what will be a massive season for him trying to keep and extend his job.. 

Why spend money when we don't know when the season will start? I expect every penny will be a prisoner, particularly next season, so I'm happy for AJ to be furloughed until the Board have a date set in stone for a restart.

Eh? We know the date of the season starting. It's been pretty widely published. as starting October 17th for League fixtures and Betfred Cup will be in the fortnight before.

We don't yet know when we will be allowed to train though. Is that what you meant?

Eh? We know the date of the season starting. It's been pretty widely published. as starting October 17th for League fixtures and Betfred Cup will be in the fortnight before.
We don't yet know when we will be allowed to train though. Is that what you meant?
I meant when we were to go back yeah. Didn't word it too well!

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Season is starting early October, sure we will be back pre season atleast 6 weeks before that so start/mid Aug so would surely its time for the manager to start speaking to players, he can't Do it the now if furloughed.. Inform players who he is wanting to sign even type of pre-contract thing before they all go to other clubs and we are left scraping the barrel again... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Season is starting early October, sure we will be back pre season atleast 6 weeks before that so start/mid Aug so would surely its time for the manager to start speaking to players, he can't Do it the now if furloughed.. Inform players who he is wanting to sign even type of pre-contract thing before they all go to other clubs and we are left scraping the barrel again... 
I don't think it'll make much difference tbh. I doubt players will jump right in to a QoS offer. They'll likely wait and see if any other FT clubs throw them a deal first. Just the harsh reality of our situation.

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

Are we the only team in the division yet to sign anyone for the new season? 

Er no.

Alloa have signed nobody. Ayr have signed nobody. Morton have signed nobody. Raith Rovers have signed nobody. Dundee have signed nobody. And Inverness' only signing is someone they signed on a pre-contract back in January and was pre-arranged.

Dunfermline have signed Steven Whittaker and Paul Watson, Hearts have signed Craig Gordon, Arbroath have signed James Craigen.

I make that a grand total of 4 "new" signings in the division to date. Alloa, Arbroath and Dundee have also re-signed a handful of players who are already there but at this stage that costs them nothing.

46 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Er no.

Alloa have signed nobody. Ayr have signed nobody. Morton have signed nobody. Raith Rovers have signed nobody. Dundee have signed nobody. And Inverness' only signing is someone they signed on a pre-contract back in January and was pre-arranged.

Dunfermline have signed Steven Whittaker and Paul Watson, Hearts have signed Craig Gordon, Arbroath have signed James Craigen.

I make that a grand total of 4 "new" signings in the division to date. Alloa, Arbroath and Dundee have also re-signed a handful of players who are already there but at this stage that costs them nothing.

We've already said we're not signing anyone until arbitration is completed. 

43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Er no.

OK but they all have a number of players on there books Queens have 3!

We’ve only got something like 5 or 6 guys signed up beyond this month. Most of them will likely re-sign if offered terms with the only Harvie and Murdoch likely to be targeted by bigger clubs.

We’ve only got something like 5 or 6 guys signed up beyond this month. Most of them will likely re-sign if offered terms with the only Harvie and Murdoch likely to be targeted by bigger clubs.