The Queen of the South thread

Have seen the highlights of the Morton game they look no better but the difference  is they have experience in key positions to win games .

This is my worry I don't think AJ has any idea of who or what we need in Jan..

We need signing in quick not the end of Jan in saying that if we still train in Dumfries then it will be very difficult to attract any new signing

Edited by Northfield 53

I'm genuinely wondering if we'll make double figures in points this season. Other than Brechin, this is the worst side to grace the Championship in years.

We certainly deserve to be talked about in those terms. We haven’t always been pretty on the eye during our many years in the Championship but we have invariably been competitive and relatively hard to beat. I genuinely think this squad would be bottom 3 in League 1 as there is absolutely nothing positive to hang on to. A complete lack of ability, application, organisation and leadership. Honestly can’t bear to watch this.

16 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

We certainly deserve to be talked about in those terms. We haven’t always been pretty on the eye during our many years in the Championship but we have invariably been competitive and relatively hard to beat. I genuinely think this squad would be bottom 3 in League 1 as there is absolutely nothing positive to hang on to. A complete lack of ability, application, organisation and leadership. Honestly can’t bear to watch this.

I think they would struggle in league 2 as well. 

I didn’t bother watching it today, as they really are a waste of time at the moment. 

30 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Unless you have significantly weakened since playing us last, and we’ll find out Tuesday, you would easily be top 5 in League One. The difference in League One is that an underlying basic quality of a team will tell over a seasons worth of matches, while a single player carrying a team (think Clyde) will fail. Your defending is terrible, but the midfield and forwards are certainly above League One standard by a good margin. Your defensive performances will likely improve if you bring in any options in the January window.

Just now, TxRover said:

Unless you have significantly weakened since playing us last, and we’ll find out Tuesday, you would easily be top 5 in League One. The difference in League One is that an underlying basic quality of a team will tell over a seasons worth of matches, while a single player carrying a team (think Clyde) will fail. Your defending is terrible, but the midfield and forwards are certainly above League One standard by a good margin. Your defensive performances will likely improve if you bring in any options in the January window.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If/when fans are allowed back,  I doubt if I'll be bothered much about going regularly and I never thought I'd say that.  

Very sad but entirely understandable attitude,  and probably quite widely held.  It will be interesting to see how attendances are once we're allowed back in.  Folk have got used to not going to the football and once you're out of a habit it's sometimes difficult to pick it up again.  There will be fans champing at the bit to get back but plenty who'll be lost by some under-performing clubs,  and that certainly applies to Queens (who have a fickle and weakly-committed fan-base at the best of times).

So, so sad to see Dobbie's playing career fizzling out like this, playing for the club he loves but surrounded by and managed by a bunch of diddies.

Never commented before. Why is AJ still our manager.  Why are we giving him so much time. Buchanan is the worst defender ever and AJ has him as his captain in Dobbies absence. Pathetic the club have to act. But to be honest Dobbie will not want to take over at this time either. Poisoned chalice and can't afford to get rid of so many players. 

I think they would struggle in league 2 as well. 
I didn’t bother watching it today, as they really are a waste of time at the moment. 
If/when fans are allowed back,  I doubt if I'll be bothered much about going regularly and I never thought I'd say that.  
My enthusiasm for this season is well and truly gone. The board have clearly resigned themselves to relegation by not sacking AJ so I question why I'm bothering.

After we went behind today I just got on with building the wee one's toys from yesterday as it was obviously game over. I'm only paying for streams now as it's supporting the club in hard times. If we had crowds I think there's a very good I just wouldn't bother. And similarly, it's an attitude I never thought I would have.

1 minute ago, stevie72 said:

To sign only 4 defenders is criminal. Especially Buchanan who is stealing a living. McKee, Pybus and McCabe is not a good gel. What happened to Joseph and McGrory the young lads who looked okay. 

3 defenders... If you can call Buchanan one plus Obileye & Maxwell.. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH