The Queen of the South thread

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
15 hours ago, JessieField said:
Rubbish!

He wasn't that bad but he certainly wasn't anything special. His forward runs were exciting but as a defender he was well below par. I reckon it would have been over 90% of our fanbase in favour of keeping Mercer over him at the time.

That'll be the same fanbase that drove Wullie Gibson away twice from Queens.

That'll be the same fanbase that drove Wullie Gibson away twice from Queens.
Drove him away to a bigger club with better earnings? Might be worth spreading that, we could have an influx of up and coming quality players if that's the effect our fans have on them ;)

On 28/02/2021 at 11:37, Monkey Tennis said:

Despite my natural pessimism and wish to dampen the enthusiasm of others, I've already envisioned Dobbie emerging from the bench late in the second leg of the playoff final at a packed Rugby Park to fire us into the top flight in his last ever appearance.

OMG I think I need to go and lie down!  What an image that is!

19 hours ago, JessieField said:

I thought Rooney had great potential and should have been kept at Palmerston if possible.

Rooney was offered a new contract but had a better offer from Inverness .

This is always our problem we are at the bottom end of full time wages any player who does well for us usually gets a better offer elsewhere this will happen again at the end of the season .

Rooney was offered a new contract but had a better offer from Inverness .
This is always our problem we are at the bottom end of full time wages any player who does well for us usually gets a better offer elsewhere this will happen again at the end of the season .

Do you enjoy stating obvious? As much as it’s disheartening, it’s the way it is, the teams who take our players have same problem with bigger clubs again

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

09EC3F4B-5B9D-4F0D-BD04-E03BD95702F0.jpeg

Is there not still some debate about the League 1 and League 2 Clubs null and voiding their season, (according to today's Press)  would that not have an impact on the Cup if that happened? I'm not exactly sure how many Clubs from those divisions,  and below, are still involved in the Cup but if their season is null and voided I can't see them retaining players on the off chance they are going to progress. 

Strange one for me. That takes our tally of CM to 9 (if you include Ayo, which I am given he's been playing there during our most successful period). Is someone on their way out or is someone's injury a season ender? It says he can play wide as well (not sure how reliable that is though) so I'm just wondering/expecting Dapo to be on the end of a lengthy ban and they've given us a player in exchange.

We'll be getting called The Rangers Reserves soon. I despise the club but I'm glad we seem to have a good relationship with them in regards to us receiving their youngsters, I have to admit.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We'll be getting called The Rangers Reserves soon. I despise the club but I'm glad we seem to have a good relationship with them in regards to us receiving their youngsters, I have to admit.

Trying to vote them back into the second tier finally coming up trumps. 

Strange one for me. That takes our tally of CM to 9 (if you include Ayo, which I am given he's been playing there during our most successful period). Is someone on their way out or is someone's injury a season ender? It says he can play wide as well (not sure how reliable that is though) so I'm just wondering/expecting Dapo to be on the end of a lengthy ban and they've given us a player in exchange.

Pybus out for a while and Nortey has been injured that often so probably incase of them. McKee another who’s missed a few.

Pybus out for a while and Nortey has been injured that often so probably incase of them. McKee another who’s missed a few.

The reality is that while we have plenty of central midfielders in our squad - Nortey, and McKee in particular struggle repeatedly with injuries, McCabe misses games and McGrory was injured in first part of season. If they were all fit at same time it wouldn’t be an issue but the catalogue of recurring injuries means that it makes sense to strengthen the midfield at this time. Hopefully Dickson is ready for the step up.