The Queen of the South thread

With Brechins game tomorrow postponed theres now no way we can, mathematically, win the league at Alloa on Saturday.

The problem now is that Brechin have a home game scheduled on Saturday before we're due to visit next Tuesday. There has to be severe doubt that either game will go ahead.

If we beat Alloa on Saturday then, if it goes ahead, we could clinch the title away to Brechin during the week. If thats off, of course, then it would be the following Saturday at home to Brechin. That would give us 79 points and. I think, the maximum Brechin could get to is 78.

That would be my preference, as it will be the Easter Bank holiday weekend. I'm sure the party would carry on into the Sunday night too.

If we beat Alloa on Saturday then, if it goes ahead, we could clinch the title away to Brechin during the week. If thats off, of course, then it would be the following Saturday at home to Brechin. That would give us 79 points and. I think, the maximum Brechin could get to is 78.

If we lose to Alloa, or either of the Brechin games, then theres a real danger we'll win the league without kicking a ball, if Brechin actually start playing their games in hand.

Yes, it could be shaping up nicely for the home game at the Easter weekend, or the likeliest alternative is that we clinch it when Brechin drop points some time when we're watching the updates on-line.

Brechin's fixture nonsense is a real pain and it'll be a shame if it all falls a bit flat.

Trophies on successive weekends would be lovely, but it's maybe asking a lot.

Yes, it could be shaping up nicely for the home game at the Easter weekend, or the likeliest alternative is that we clinch it when Brechin drop points some time when we're watching the updates on-line.

Brechin's fixture nonsense is a real pain and it'll be a shame if it all falls a bit flat.

Trophies on successive weekends would be lovely, but it's maybe asking a lot.

Whilst to be fair to them Brechin's form in the last few months is such that they might legitimately claim they would have won almost all those games if they had been played at the time, it's also looking more and more likely that their failure to get games played is going to prevent us being the first champions in Britain. As Mr X says, we can no longer win the league on Saturday at Alloa. Rangers can win their division on Saturday if they win at home to Stirling and Queens Park don't win at Annan.

That seems like the most likely scenario if we drop points to Alloa or Brechin.

Probably.

If we fail to beat Alloa, Brechin's game at home to Ayr on Saturday is either off or they win it and the Brechin midweek game is off then we can't win it at home to Brechin. That being the case, they are due to play three more games East Fife (H), Stranraer (A) and Forfar (H) before we play again. However if they win all those games or just win at Stranraer and don't get the home games on then it could actually go all the way to our home game v Stranraer. Whilst it would be disappointing not to have clinched it by mid-April in such a season there would be a certain amusement in the opportunity to win it against Stranraer, 8)

How would Johnstone react if he was told that your game at Brechin (if postponed) was to be played on a Monday. I think Roberts would hit the roof if Ayr have to do it!!!!

Don't think it would be much of a problem Queens being full time!!

Don't think it would be much of a problem Queens being full time!!

Don't mention full time. It will cause a riot!!!!!

No worries good luck in next couple of weeks.

As far as I'm aware there are records up for grabs that QoS will probably eclipse this season

How would Johnstone react if he was told that your game at Brechin (if postponed) was to be played on a Monday. I think Roberts would hit the roof if Ayr have to do it!!!!

Well it's far from ideal but if it happens then we'll deal with it. It's not like it's never happened before. We played a Monday game at Airdrie 2 or 3 years ago because of fixture pile ups.

PARS HARDSHIP FUND,,,,AUCTION IN SUPPORT OF,,

Below is my facebook post, as Queens fans know how to answer a rally call and have known adversity I am hoping we can in some way help support another Club and their Players/Employees in their time of need. This may just be a small gesture but it shows other fans that here at QUEENS we care, hope you can help:D

Andrew P. Cochrane

As promised the 2012/2013 Queen of the South FC shirt signed by the current

1ST Team Squad today. This shirt is up for auction, money raised for the Pars Hardship Fund, to help support Dunfermline Athletic FC, Players and Staff who are facing financial difficulty due to the current plight of the club.

It may be a small effort but I expect Queens or any football fans to show their generosity for a struggling football club and their employees by bidding for this shirt.

Remember should Queens season finish in an historic League and Ramsdens Cup double then it will be a fine memento of a momentous year.

Please make a bid, if you cannot please forward the message.

Bids by email to topfitter01@gmail.com

Bids bt text to 07762628405,

please leave contact details.

kz0r7.jpg

The Auction will close at 5pm Friday 22nd March 2013.

Still time to get

your bid in;D

Outstanding gesture.

On the subject off these parks being more expensive here than the central belt for instance . I was talking to someone in the council about this and he said this is because their more condensed population means that they can put in a 'bulk' order where we would be putting in one here and there.Just like any supermarket offer, the more you buy the cheaper it is. Also said that they ( contractors) would charge a fortune to move materials down here and that no one from this area does this kind of work.

lolwut? Are these materials produced in the Central Belt? I'll wager they are actually produced down south and therefore passed Dumfries on the way to Glasgow/Edinburgh as they were transported up the M74! The way some folk go on (not you JLP) they make it sound like Dumfries is on an island in the middle of the Atlantic.

Maybe get the Council to ask companies in the North of England if the ones in our own bloody country are basically holding us to ransom. Am sure they'll be happy of the work.

</rant> !

What time today are we Likely to find out if Palmerston is going to be approved to turn to plastic?

Approved a short time ago

Palmerston will be 3G. Seems a bit of a waste though as it'll need ripped up when we get into the SPL!!!!

On a serious note, what would happen if league reconstruction of 12-12 to 8-8-8 went through and we finished top 4. How would the bottom 4 of the SPL feel about playing on artificial surfaces?

Edited by MONKMAN

Approved a short time ago

Palmerston will be 3G. Seems a bit of a waste though as it'll need ripped up when we get into the SPL!!!!

On a serious note, what would happen if league reconstruction of 12-12 to 8-8-8 went through and we finished top 4. How would the bottom 4 of the SPL feel about playing on artificial surfaces?

In the Standard on Friday, Billy Hewitson said

We are led to believe at this time in the process of league reconstruction that there will be no rules against artificial pitches in the SPL should the proposed plans go through.

Will a 3G pitch attract or detract players from signing for us next season thought anyone?

Think the days of players dictating to clubs are now gone in scottish football. There is so many good players without a team they would be happy to get a deal anywhere.

The positives for me are extra income for the club and less expenditure which will probably keep us full time. Not many games called off etc

With the indoor area in the old tesco building we will probably see training moved to Dumfries next season

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW