The Queen of the South thread

On one hand I’m anti Bartley but agree with him about the lack of professionalism from players last season. Like time keeping and the chucking rubbish out of car window/ kfc brought in is very poor! 

but on the other he’s got to take some blame. Some of the stories about his behaviour was worrying too. 

anyways hopefully all the “bad apples” are gone but there’s a couple still here who could fit the “bad apples” category. 

Going by local reports we’re hoping to sign 4 maybe 2 thus week. 

How are Aberdeen away ticket sales going?? Looking forward to Saturday even if it’s going to be a very one sided game 

6 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Anyone know who the player Marv said was throwing litter out of the car?

Litter louts, gamers and fast food fanatics... What chance did Bartley have? 😂

He said the player's mum wasn't impressed by his actions and that he picks up bottles off the drive for him at home. So obviously a younger player. 

Though I'd find it quite funny if it was Todd :lol:

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I did chuckle at the KFC comment when Si Ferry was gobsmacked with it. Would love the camera to have stayed on when Bartley let Ferry know it was their soon to be new signing he was talking about :lol:

Who I assume is the same person as our now confirmed new signing? 😂

I watched the Open Goal episode in question this morning and while some of the stories were funny and obviously unprofessional I agree with Derek Fergusons point on doing more homework on what individuals are like outside of football before going ahead and signing them. It doesn't really do Bartley any favours if these behaviours are from players that he signed. 

Edited by CM.

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He said the player's mum wasn't impressed by his actions and that he picks up bottles off the drive for him at home. So obviously a younger player. 

Though I'd find it quite funny if it was Todd :lol:

😂 Genuinely the guy is coming across as mad. Let it go, Marv. It didn't work out. Move on. 

13 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Taken Lee Connelly from you, any good? 

To be pedantic you've taken a free agent. 

He's a modern day Wullie McLaren for me. Can produce something out of nothing on occasion but the majority of the time he floats about offering very little. His attitude is clearly an issue as well or he wouldn't be at L1, never mind L2. 

Apparently he said "I don't know if I can be fucked with FT football anymore" at the end of the season which sums him up really. He'll do well at L2 if he can be bothered. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

To be pedantic you've taken a free agent. 

He's a modern day Wullie McLaren for me. Can produce something out of nothing on occasion but the majority of the time he floats about offering very little. His attitude is clearly an issue as well or he wouldn't be at L1, never mind L2. 

Apparently he said "I don't know if I can be fucked with FT football anymore" at the end of the season which sums him up really. He'll do well at L2 if he can be bothered. 

There's talent there and enough, if he knuckled down, to earn a move to the championship. He could have had a finger licking good enough career. 

19 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

If anyone can get a tune out of him on a regular basis it will be McCall. I think he will be a good signing for Clyde. 

17 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Is there a KFC near the ground?

The one at Hamilton Palace Grounds is moving next door to a bigger store, so this might have swung it for him. 

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Presumably not being full time would allow him more time on "the Playstation"? *

* assuming he was one of the Playstation players.

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

If McCall can get a tune out of him then he's potentially a good signing.  Capable of producing a goal out of nothing (usually a worldy), but has a tendancy to strut about the park offering very little in between times.  His general attitude and professionalism are questionable.  In saying that if anyone can get the best out of him then its MCall.  Should be a decent signing at League 2 level.