The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The moaners will be delighted today at least. Silver linings and all that. 

This line you're keen to peddle these days: the one that says there are locals paying to watch Queens while hoping we do badly...

A bit silly, isn't it?

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The moaners will be delighted today at least. Silver linings and all that. 

Think you should maybe substitute moaners with realists. I haven’t seen us nearly as often as in past seasons but when I have I can’t honestly say that we have been convincing. We have ridden our luck in a lot of games and that today sounds as if our luck  run out.

Let’s be honest we are a FT outfit in L1, we acquired two of Kelty’s best players from last season and still lost 1-5. 

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This line you're keen to peddle these days: the one that says there are locals paying to watch Queens while hoping we do badly...

A bit silly, isn't it?

As I pointed out to HQ last week. Have a seat in the new stand and you tell me why folk are moaning at every opportunity yet never ever shout anything positive when we're actually winning. 

Like I said, a guy left last week actually complaining about what he'd witnessed. Some folk just love to be miserable. 

15 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Think you should maybe substitute moaners with realists. I haven’t seen us nearly as often as in past seasons but when I have I can’t honestly say that we have been convincing. We have ridden our luck in a lot of games and that today sounds as if our luck  run out.

Let’s be honest we are a FT outfit in L1, we acquired two of Kelty’s best players from last season and still lost 1-5. 

No this is where the moaners need to be. I'd argue the moaners are the ones who need a dose of reality. Today's result aside it's been as good a start as we've had in years and folk still aren't happy. We're a League 1 side now, not a mid table Championship side. The last 20 years have contained the best time to be a QoS fan in decades. We're a million miles away from the 2008 era and I think some folk are still expecting that level of performance at Palmerston. It's not happening unless we come in to significant funds or suddenly produce a group of promising youngsters. Sadly neither are on the horizon so this is about as good as it'll get just now. 

If this is bad I think folk should brace themselves for what will come if we don't get promoted this season. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

As I pointed out to HQ last week. Have a seat in the new stand and you tell me why folk are moaning at every opportunity yet never ever shout anything positive when we're actually winning. 

Like I said, a guy left last week actually complaining about what he'd witnessed. Some folk just love to be miserable. 

A bit daft that this rather tiny minority seems to shape your response to how we do, whether good or bad.

I still very much doubt if today will have delighted anyone who doesn't represent or follow Kelty.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A bit daft that this rather tiny minority seems to shape your response to how we do, whether good or bad.

I still very much doubt if today will have delighted anyone who doesn't represent or follow Kelty.

I wouldn't say it's tiny. If Murphy has hinted at it in his last two interviews I'm guessing it's as clear as day to the players as well. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I wouldn't say it's tiny. If Murphy has hinted at it in his last two interviews I'm guessing it's as clear as day to the players as well. 

Getting pumped 5-1 by part time village teams ain’t the best way to rectify it!

5 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Getting pumped 5-1 by part time village teams ain’t the best way to rectify it!

Either is winning to top the league. That's kind of the point I'm making. Some folk are never happy :lol:

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Either is winning to top the league. That's kind of the point I'm making. Some folk are never happy :lol:

In my experience all Queens fans want is to win. People get frustrated and vent their views if we lose. Nothing wrong with that. They pay their money and so it’s their choice. Great to be where we are. Murphy is a decent manager but our form has at times been patchy. Lucky last week that we didn’t ship 2 or 3 goals before halftime and dodged a bullet but today it caught up with us. We are still rank up front and unless we find a solution it will cost us. Not moaning just an honest appraisal. Will I be at the next game? Yes. Will I want us to win. Yes.