The Queen of the South thread

Calum antell was in goal last night v Clyde, ex hibs reserve keeper 21

Young Jim Atk never got any game time. Carmichael 3 Burns & Russell the scorers.

Nearly all of squad got some match practise.

Hmm, cant say I was particularly impressed with him when we played East Fife last season.

Guest Flash

Hmm, cant say I was particularly impressed with him when we played East Fife last season.

If he played in both games at Palmerston, I thought he had some decent saves in the first one, but did nothing exceptional. And thought he crapped it for Clark's equaliser in the second game. Certainly not a goal he should have lost.

Might improve with age, but saw nothing to suggest he was First Division level.

If he played in both games at Palmerston, I thought he had some decent saves in the first one, but did nothing exceptional. And thought he crapped it for Clark's equaliser in the second game. Certainly not a goal he should have lost.

Might improve with age, but saw nothing to suggest he was First Division level.

I was thinking of the last away game. He made a few good saves but generally didnt look confident.

I was thinking of the last away game. He made a few good saves but generally didnt look confident.

Ok we're obviously still hoping that we will be tempting casillas to Palmerston here.

If this boys not good enough if your books, name a decent keeper that is out of contract that we should sign!?

Guest Flash

Ok we're obviously still hoping that we will be tempting casillas to Palmerston here.

If this boys not good enough if your books, name a decent keeper that is out of contract that we should sign!?

Not sure I follow the logic. If we have to sign him because there is nobody else, how does that mean somebody is out of order for saying they weren't impressed when they saw him play? My opinion of him will only change if and when I see him playing better than last time I saw him. It doesn't mean he is suddenly good because there is absolutely no other goalkeeper available.

Did Tom Brighton become a good player because there wasn't anybody else available?

Are we? Really? Obviously?

Or are "we" just stating an opinion about a player "we" saw play last season?

Not sure I follow the logic. If we have to sign him because there is nobody else, how does that mean somebody is out of order for saying they weren't impressed when they saw him play? My opinion of him will only change if and when I see him playing better than last time I saw him. It doesn't mean he is suddenly good because there is absolutely no other goalkeeper available.

Did Tom Brighton become a good player because there wasn't anybody else available?

Not sure i follow yours. My question is simple, name a decent keeper who you think we should be signing? It seems obvious you all have your mind set on someone different to this lad? Why don't you ring the manager and tell him you saw him play shite twice last season?

I remember I watched Stephen Dobbie play for hibs a few years back and he was shite....

Guest Flash

Not sure i follow yours. My question is simple, name a decent keeper who you think we should be signing? It seems obvious you all have your mind set on someone different to this lad? Why don't you ring the manager and tell him you saw him play shite twice last season?

I remember I watched Stephen Dobbie play for hibs a few years back and he was shite....

I expressed an opinion which I thought was the purpose of this site. If you don't like the idea of anybody expressing an opinion, probably best not to look. And if you can point out where I said we shouldn't be signing "this lad" I'd be grateful. Or, indeed, where I said he was "shite".

As I said before, if there is nobody else available, then we clearly must sign him immediately. Still doesn't make him good, though.

Edited by Flash

I remember having a conversation with a friend when Dobbie signed. Overweight, on his way down, and not the answer to our goalscoring problems was the general gist my reaction to the signing. :ph34r:

Seems to be a common thing for queens fans to pre judge players Before they kick a ball.

Firstly, who is judging him? I merely gave an opinion. As Flash said, thats pretty much the whole point of the forum.

Secondly, he has 'kicked a ball' - for East Fife last season. He wasnt that impressive, which is all I, or anyone else has said. You've jumped to the conclusion that we think hes "shite" and shouldnt be signed. The only person implying that, is you.

I expressed an opinion which I thought was the purpose of this site. If you don't like the idea of anybody expressing an opinion, probably best not to look. And if you can point out where I said we shouldn't be signing "this lad" I'd be grateful. Or, indeed, where I said he was "shite".

As I said before, if there is nobody else available, then we clearly must sign him immediately. Still doesn't make him good, though.

Obviously you don't like the idea of someone not agreeing with your opinion? I thought the other purpose of this site was to debate opinions. If this is not the case then I apologise and I will agree with everything you say.

Firstly, who is judging him? I merely gave an opinion. As Flash said, thats pretty much the whole point of the forum.

Secondly, he has 'kicked a ball' - for East Fife last season. He wasnt that impressive, which is all I, or anyone else has said. You've jumped to the conclusion that we think hes "shite" and shouldnt be signed. The only person implying that, is you.

Ok then. So say I have assumed you were Implying he shouldn't be signed. If you were pointing out that you weren't impressed with him last season forgive me for thinking you were then implying you wouldn't be impressed with the signing...

Guest Flash

Obviously you don't like the idea of someone not agreeing with your opinion? I thought the other purpose of this site was to debate opinions. If this is not the case then I apologise and I will agree with everything you say.

No, you're missing the point.

You are fully entitled to your opinion. But I haven't seen yours in relation to the player.

All I have seen so far are sarcastic comments about a Spanish goalkeeper and a suggestion I should phone the manager. It might have been better if you had said you thought the guy was decent and cited some evidence for that, rather then make sarcastic comments about posters who were only expressing an opinion about what they had seen last season.

Having a contrary view is perfectly acceptable. Attacking people for expressing a view is a completely different thing.

Edited by Flash

Ok then. So say I have assumed you were Implying he shouldn't be signed. If you were pointing out that you weren't impressed with him last season forgive me for thinking you were then implying you wouldn't be impressed with the signing...

I probably wouldnt be. I wasnt hugely impressed with the signing of Dowie. Either, both, or neither might prove me wrong. I was impressed with Russell and I would have liked Cardle. Higgins, Im a bit non-plussed about.

Im not really sure what you're point is. Is there some sort of law that says we have to be impressed with every signing made?