The Queen of the South thread

For a start dropping Mitchell an Durnan was deserved Durnan got a stupid red card , and Mitchell was terrible at start of season, Paton being dropped is a good thing as he has been terrible too, don't see why your slagging these decisions off , at start of season fans were raving about lyle and McKenna playing in them roles, mcshane maybe deserve to start played a blinder for reserves so deserved his chance , and playing russel on left isn't bad he's effective out there when he wants to be an when played uptops against Cowdenbeath he wasnt involved our beat team the now should be . A 4-5-1

Clark

Mitchell Durnan Higgins holt

Carmichael McKenna kev rusell

Burns

Reilly ,

Although if Durnan or Higgins play like they did yesterday next week I would drop one and being dowie in who has only had really one bad game and got dropped. Reilly is our best option upfront does a hell of a lot of running and helps the team a lot , lyle isn't good enough to play uptops on his own

He already had dropped Durnan before his red card, Mark missed the first 4 or 5 games of the season and was reinstated for Airdrie in the ramsdens he actually dropped Holt and moved Higgins to left back during the spell before Durnan was sent off against Raith. Paton has not been terrible IMO, he is a creative player who wants to beat men it is not always going to come off although he has not been playing as well as he would like. Still possesses the ability to make things happen and will chip in with his fair share of goals. Iain Russell is wasted out wide left, he has had more poor games than good ones in that position but has scored and blinkered fans seem to see him as a world beater. We would see a much better Iain Russell through the middle, 4-5-1 IMO is a negative tactic that with the players at our disposal we don't need to play. We have quality in wide areas when these players are on fire,McIntyre has ruined both players confidence with his constant dropping and subbing when not having an outstanding game. Burnsy and McKenna have been massive misses and it has shown in how easily we have been losing the midfield battle. Derek Young has been injured and Mcshane is just not good enough at this level I'm afraid. I like the idea of a midfield central three but it leaves us a little light elsewhere but I quite like the idea of

Clark

Mitchell. Durnan. Higgins. Holt.

Kev

McKenna. Burnsy

Paton

Reilly. Russell

Paton would be in a free role and switch flanks, Michael is a key player for us when firing and should not be dismissed as easily by McIntyre.

Hi Willie, I am sure Dunlop was a forward and not a good one either as I remember. Talking about not seeing the game out as you say, there was the infamous 5-3 defeat at home by Stirling Albion after being 3-0 up with twenty mins to go.

He also said that although Jimmy Robertson was a good enough player he was a nightmare to play with 'cause he never passed the ball.

Nice guy, for a taxi driver and good to talk about Queens, but JR is one of my all time favourite Queens players.

He also said that although Jimmy Robertson was a good enough player he was a nightmare to play with 'cause he never passed the ball.

Nice guy, for a taxi driver and good to talk about Queens, but JR is one of my all time favourite Queens players.

I have been told that JR is or was a Glasgow taxi driver. Oh for a loan of him 1985 style now . Under a JM Qos side , Robertson would probably not start but then he is nearly sixty years old. Edit to add - not a bad guess cos club legend Robertson is 58 years young. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

He already had dropped Durnan before his red card, Mark missed the first 4 or 5 games of the season and was reinstated for Airdrie in the ramsdens he actually dropped Holt and moved Higgins to left back during the spell before Durnan was sent off against Raith. Paton has not been terrible IMO, he is a creative player who wants to beat men it is not always going to come off although he has not been playing as well as he would like. Still possesses the ability to make things happen and will chip in with his fair share of goals. Iain Russell is wasted out wide left, he has had more poor games than good ones in that position but has scored and blinkered fans seem to see him as a world beater. We would see a much better Iain Russell through the middle, 4-5-1 IMO is a negative tactic that with the players at our disposal we don't need to play. We have quality in wide areas when these players are on fire,McIntyre has ruined both players confidence with his constant dropping and subbing when not having an outstanding game. Burnsy and McKenna have been massive misses and it has shown in how easily we have been losing the midfield battle. Derek Young has been injured and Mcshane is just not good enough at this level I'm afraid. I like the idea of a midfield central three but it leaves us a little light elsewhere but I quite like the idea of

Clark

Mitchell. Durnan. Higgins. Holt.

Kev

McKenna. Burnsy

Paton

Reilly. Russell

Paton would be in a free role and switch flanks, Michael is a key player for us when firing and should not be dismissed as easily by McIntyre.

Agree with every word of that Broony and don't get what GreigQos is getting at . Paton is the most naturally talented player ( by a mile) that we have but probably needs to give himself a shake and for us to use him better.

Agree with every word of that Broony and don't get what GreigQos is getting at . Paton is the most naturally talented player ( by a mile) that we have but probably needs to give himself a shake and for us to use him better.

Agree with that team but on current form Paton doesn't deserve to be in he team. He is our most naturally talented player but he has very rarely shown it this season agree that he needs to give himself a shake , even when he has been brought on during a game he has made little impact

Agree with that team but on current form Paton doesn't deserve to be in he team. He is our most naturally talented player but he has very rarely shown it this season agree that he needs to give himself a shake , even when he has been brought on during a game he has made little impact

I am of the opinion that ability wise, Paton should be nowhere near Queens . I know he has had injury problems holding him back but he really needs to get a grip or that will be a waste of a good player. Must say though Greig that I have thought he looks very eager recently when coming on as sub. Lets face it , he should be wide on one side with Carmichael on the other . I would even tell them to switch wings if nothing is happening and back again if they wish .Burns can also play wide mid and thats an option but I would like to see him partner McKenna in the middle in Young's absence. One thing Burnsy does well is burst forward and this could work well with McKenna acting as 'policeman' . I have no faith in JM making the necessary changes on Saturday. If we do not play our very best side in their correct positions, then it could be very messy indeed. Only one man that can do anything about us initially but he is known to be as stubborn as they come and persist with things that clearly do not work. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I have been told that JR is or was a Glasgow taxi driver. Oh for a loan of him 1985 style now . Under a JM Qos side , Robertson would probably not start but then he is nearly sixty years old. Edit to add - not a bad guess cos club legend Robertson is 58 years young.

Not that I get a taxi that often but If he is still driving it would be great if the next cabbie I got who wanted to talk football was JR.

Knowing my luck it will be No 8 :(

Hi Willie, I am sure Dunlop was a forward and not a good one either as I remember. Talking about not seeing the game out as you say, there was the infamous 5-3 defeat at home by Stirling Albion after being 3-0 up with twenty mins to go.

I'm sure Mick Dunlop was our reserve goalie?

It rang a bell for me. Did we not have a 'keeper called Dunlop at one point?

Nope. This guy said he was an outfield player.

I checked in Bill Jardines book and we did indeed have a Mick Dunlop that season.

Was he a goalkeeper then? Can't imagine he'll have played much in 1979 if so - still a couple of years of the Ball era to go.

Yes , he did play a lot of games as I remember. Ball must have been injured I guess. There was also a keeper calked Marshall Poulton. Do you re him ? Of regulars on here , Flash will re them . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Yes , he did play a lot of games as I remember. Ball must have been injured I guess. There was also a keeper calked Marshall Poulton. Do you re him ? Of regulars on here , Flash will re them .

Can't say I do really. The name feels vaguely familiar, but I'm scared of claiming to know him well in case it turns out you made him up.

I do remember Allan Ball eventually getting replaced by Allan Boles, not too long before our favourite ever Queens goalie arrived.

Can't say I do really. The name feels vaguely familiar, but I'm scared of claiming to know him well in case it turns out you made him up.

I do remember Allan Ball eventually getting replaced by Allan Boles, not too long before our favourite ever Queens goalie arrived.

Come on MT , I am not trying to trick you man.

Yes , he did play a lot of games as I remember. Ball must have been injured I guess. There was also a keeper calked Marshall Poulton. Do you re him ? Of regulars on here , Flash will re them .

Until this season, Poulton held the title of the worst keeper I've ever seen.