The Queen of the South thread

Possibly if we had signed a handful of new players I might have taken a run down to see them play at Annan out of curiosity but I don't think I'll bother this time. Also I think a fiver would be more than enough to charge for this type of game.

Do you think the crowd would make the 100 mark?! Be interested to find out.

I think most people have been scunnered over the years with all the antics at pre-season friendlies. Not enough respect given to the fans these days for this sort of match. :unsure:

Who scored for us ?

Any one know the line ups

The goal was a Steven Swinglehurst own goal. Spectacular full length diving header. To be fair he needed to get something on the ball or Reilly behind him would almosr certainly have scored.

We started: Atkinson, Mitchell, Holt, Fowler, Durnan, Higgins, Kidd, Dzierzawski, Baird, Reilly, Paton.

Midway through second half Hooper, Slattery, Graham & Dean Smith replaced Mitchell, Holt, Dzierzawski & Baird and shortly after Aidan Smith replaced Paton.

cheers for the info Vortex is Andrew Downie an youngster cant say ive heard his name before?

Any one think Pat Slattery will make the grade this season ive always rated him in the reserve matches ive seen him in.

We looked pretty sharp first half. The goal came from a great move down the right and in the quarter hour before half time we could have had another 4 or 5. Kidd failed to score when clean through on goal. Paton hit side net from close range. Baird hit the bar with one effort, forced a fine close range save from Mitchell with another and also tried a good chip that Mitchell got back to clutch on his line.

Second half much more even. Annan probably just about shaded it but only had one chance of note when a mistake saw them get a run at goal. Mitch got back to hold them up though.