The Queen of the South thread

What was the odds of Queens actually increasing their gap over Falkirk after a draw at Alloa ?

Yes, that's quite a bonus tonight.

Our result was disappointing and it obviously saw Hibs pull away from us.

We gained a little on Rangers though, while as you say, increasing our gap over Falkirk.

Not too bad a day really, so long as we do the necessary next week against Livingston.

Fowler keeps talking about new players coming in in Jan anybody got any idea who he could be talking about or what positions he is looking to strengthen?

He mentioned it in the podcast after todays game, but it sounded more like an "if" than anything else. Where else has he been talking about it?

With Paton and Burns back in the squads in recent weeks, thats basically like two new signings.

He mentioned it in the podcast after todays game, but it sounded more like an "if" than anything else. Where else has he been talking about it?

With Paton and Burns back in the squads in recent weeks, thats basically like two new signings.

It's Not the first time he has been hinting at new players coming in and some going out in the last few weeks players that aren't getting much game time, poss Kev who needs to play to keep his visa.

It's Not the first time he has been hinting at new players coming in and some going out in the last few weeks players that aren't getting much game time, poss Kev who needs to play to keep his visa.

Surely whether he is playing regularly or not, doesn't affect his visa?! He's employed by QoS FC, that's surely enough. Whether he's playing regularly or not, he'll still be paying tax so he's putting into the pot either way. I just can't picture some guy at Visa sitting him down and saying "Look Kev, this isn't good enough. Unless you start playing regularly then you aren't contributing to our economy and you'll need to hit the bricks!" :lol:

Ready to proven wrong, if it is indeed the case! ;):1eye

Edited by 19QOS19

Surely whether he is playing regularly or not, doesn't affect his visa?! He's employed by QoS FC, that's surely enough. Whether he's playing regularly or not, he'll still be paying tax so he's putting into the pot either way. I just can't picture some guy at Visa sitting him down and saying "Look Kev, this isn't good enough. Unless you start playing regularly then you aren't contributing to our economy and you'll need to hit the bricks!" :lol:

Ready to proven wrong, if it is indeed the case! ;):1eye

You are wrong I'm afraid. I don't think the definition is "playing" as such but to get a visa he has to demonstrate that he brings something a Scottish /British player doesn't. Can't really claim that if the guy has sat on the bench all season

About time Queens shook off this mid season slumber / torpor and got three points on the board starting against Livingston.

Indeed. The last couple of results have made the livy and raith games even more important. A couple of wins and then a draw or better against Falkirk and we should be back on track though.

Indeed. The last couple of results have made the livy and raith games even more important. A couple of wins and then a draw or better against Falkirk and we should be back on track though.

I'm stopping looking ahead and making assumptions about where points might come from. That picture looked really rosy after the Rangers game a couple of weeks ago.

I'm stopping looking ahead and making assumptions about where points might come from. That picture looked really rosy after the Rangers game a couple of weeks ago.

Since that game it looks as though some players have dropped their performance levels. McShane and Holt look as though they are still playing to impress whereas the likes of Durnan and Reilly look as though they are just playing within themselves. Hope I'm wrong and not reading to much into this.

Durnan for me in last 2 games has been poor. Kerr hasn't been in the games, Baird didn't start but when he came on he offered us zilch. Beany is back to his frustrating self where as against rangers he was dangerous and disciplined all game. Kidd impressed me yesterday but yet to be convinced, I think hooper proved that he is a good option yesterday was solid.

A good kick up the arse is needed, and I hope fowler gives them it in training this week. The next 3 games, are vital if were going to stay in the mix after the poor shows of last two games.

Was just saying on the mad site that with Clark, Kidd, Durnan, Hooper and Holt playing then that was the youngest back four ( or five if you like) that I have ever seen play for QoS in a senior league game and must be one of , if not , our youngest ever .

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Was just saying on the mad site that with Clark, Kidd, Durnan, Hooper and Holt playing then that was the youngest back four ( or five if you like) that I have ever seen play for QoS in a senior league game and must be one of , if not , our youngest ever .

Yes, Norman Blount pointed that out yesterday and nobody could remember one anything like as young taking the field before. No practical way to prove it without spending months at it but I think we can probably take it as read that will be the youngest first team back line ever most likely.