The Queen of the South thread

I will stick my head above the parrapet and say that I think McShane has been overated on the back of a few good performances. Is he a decent midfielder? I would say yes. Is he someone who could go on to higher level? I would say no. Happy to be proved wrong though.

He's still got a long way to go. He looks half the player without Kerr beside him.

He'll be a starter next season as your top striker is a back-up at us IMO.

He's a starter now tbh.

If Loy turns out to be back up I would be very shocked. Him and Stewart could be lethal.

He deserves his move and goes with no problems imo.

Stewart will be our LW more than likely. Falkirk fans have said themselves, Loy's not the greatest on his own up top, I reckon we'll use him more at home whilst he'll be on the bench when we go one up top.

Could have done with a back up player like baird imo.

He'll be a starter next season as your top striker is a back-up at us IMO.

He's a starter now tbh.

If Loy turns out to be back up I would be very shocked. Him and Stewart could be lethal.

He deserves his move and goes with no problems imo.

Stewart will be our LW more than likely. Falkirk fans have said themselves, Loy's not the greatest on his own up top, I reckon we'll use him more at home whilst he'll be on the bench when we go one up top.

GTF with your Falkirk and Dundee stuff.

This is our diddy thread

This

Have you lot not been moaning about Russell playing wide instead of up top?

Fickle lot.

Some have.

Think consensus might be changing.

Based on form with other clubs can clearly play up front but was poor tonight.

We really really missed Lyle tonight.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I like that response !

Off to Zambia by the way! Not South America!

3-0

Easy win against utter diddies ... Queens although generally thought of as a seaside league team have tried to use two seasons of relative success to build up some weird rivalry....you need to accept your rivals are fellow diddies you will never be a rival to a team with more than double your support

Easy win against utter diddies ... Queens although generally thought of as a seaside league team have tried to use two seasons of relative success to build up some weird rivalry....you need to accept your rivals are fellow diddies you will never be a rival to a team with more than double your support

^^^ Trying even harder than MacWatt.

I will stick my head above the parrapet and say that I think McShane has been overated on the back of a few good performances. Is he a decent midfielder? I would say yes. Is he someone who could go on to higher level? I would say no. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Perhaps a little harsh, but I kind of agree.

I think the fact that he was so rubbish for so long, has meant that when he's become decent, people have overdone it. Like many though, he's had a couple of recent poor games and a more realistic assessment is emerging. McIntyre obviously rates him, having kept picking him and expressing an interest in taking him to that higher level. Like you though, I'm not convinced he's there yet.

For me, Kidd is now last season's McShane. He's seemingly guaranteed a start, but I'm still not sure what it's based on. He's only young, but I don't think he offers enough.

Paton has been the biggest disappointment since returning though. I'd always liked him, but he's been really poor on a consistent basis.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

" My team: Falkirk"

Yet you sound a lot like a Rangers fan with posts like that..

Since when did rivalrys start with size of support?

You have to expect inconsistent performances at this level, but I'd prefer they came in the form of young players on the way up a la Holt in his early days or McShane and Kidd more recently, than the likes of Paton who has found his level and is unlikely to improve. As it stands I wouldn't offer him a new deal in the Summer. I'd perhaps ask him along to pre-season and ask him to prove his fitness because it looks lacking at the moment.

After a promising start it appears the "back 3" system has it flaws. We will probably have to stick with it for Ibrox with Lyle still suspended, but after that game the suspensions to Durnan and Higgins probably force us to return to a back 4.

Line up for Ibrox -

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins

Kidd Burns McShane Miller Holt

Carmichael

Reilly

Then for Raith we can go with either Hooper or Mitchell at RB. Hooper or McKenna at centre half beside Dowie. Kidd or Carmichael wide right. Two from three of McShane, Burns and Miller in the middle. Restore Russell to his best position on the left of midfield, and restore the Lyle/Reilly partnership up front. I think it gives us more options. The difficulty for Fowler is that he has more decisions to make in a 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 formation whereas the recent lineups have virtually picked themselves.

Rather than dwelling on what was easily the worst Queens performance in several years, lets focus on the fact that Falkirk were barely any better. If last nights performance doesn't drive the players onto fourth place then they don't deserve it. Just like they didn't deserve a trip to Hampden.

Where will we get enough points in the remaining games to finish 4th?

Rangers will get a lift after what happened yesterday and after a performance like last night cannot see us doing much at home against them. Both Hibs and Hearts are away matches and with both playing well points here will be very very difficult.

We have Higgins and Durnan both out against Raith which will make us weaker at centre halves. Are they both out of Cowdenbeath match too? With the way we are playing at the moment are there any safe points?

At least Falkirk could have their attention taken up with semi final. That can either spur players or they can take their eye off ball and drop points along the way. Falkirk will have another weekend league match with cup semi final which will mean catch up football. When is semi final weekend as that game may be our home game on 12 April. If its weekend before we may also find our away match against Hibs being cancelled if Hibs progress tomorrow.

Where will we get enough points in the remaining games to finish 4th?

Rangers will get a lift after what happened yesterday and after a performance like last night cannot see us doing much at home against them. Both Hibs and Hearts are away matches and with both playing well points here will be very very difficult.

We have Higgins and Durnan both out against Raith which will make us weaker at centre halves. Are they both out of Cowdenbeath match too? With the way we are playing at the moment are there any safe points?

At least Falkirk could have their attention taken up with semi final. That can either spur players or they can take their eye off ball and drop points along the way. Falkirk will have another weekend league match with cup semi final which will mean catch up football. When is semi final weekend as that game may be our home game on 12 April. If its weekend before we may also find our away match against Hibs being cancelled if Hibs progress tomorrow.

Semi finals are 18/19th April.