The Queen of the South thread

I agree. I am fortunate enough to count Andy Aitken and Paul Burns as friends. They both have credentials that make them good candidates for the Hall of Fame at some point. However for me the fact that 3/5ths of the famous Black, McGill, Patterson, Rothera and Oakes forward line of the 50's remain outside is something far more in need of being addressed.

Dont know about that, 2/5ths are in what about players from other era's? There are plenty of candidates.

Dont know about that, 2/5ths are in what about players from other era's? There are plenty of candidates.

Is it limited to players and officials.

Would like to see a fan included in hall of fame.

Jim McCormack hardly missed an away game in 20/30 years as well as SD.

Be nice to recognise that

Yes there are. Nothing I said suggested there weren't. My point was to agree with MT that the unfortunate side effect of letting current fans vote for player inclusion is that it's likely to be heavily biased towards players who have played in the last couple of decades.

Is it limited to players and officials.

Would like to see a fan included in hall of fame.

Jim McCormack hardly missed an away game in 20/30 years as well as SD.

Be nice to recognise that

The Hall of Fame isn't and shouldn't be. I think there is merit in including fans down the line. 'The Horse' has not only missed only one game in the last three decades or so but been heavily involved in running the most consistent supporter's club in that time and would be an excellent candidate. However, they've so far limited the voted for part to players with "others" such as Kevin McCormick, John Paterson, Norman Blount and David Rae being inducted by direct nomination from the club.

I think that's probably the way it has to be. The efforts of such people are almost always in the background and few people outside the club would be aware of exactly what they do.

And thanks for the name check but I think I'd be a long way down that line. Anyway, there will be someone along in a minute to point out I stopped being a proper fan the minute I started sticking a tie on to attend games. <_<

I still think that the eligibility for players should be limited to those who have retired. Baseball for example has a retired for 5 year rule before nominations are permitted.

Edited by TeeMan

Kyle Hutton has signed a deal until Jan at Queens after turning down a late bid by Dunfermline.

Where you hear that?? Although you said we were also signing oliver and carrick from hearts so will wait and see with your latest exclusive! Edited by QosLoyal

I blame Mr X. If it was any sort of new website at all it would be publishing a daily list of players we haven't signed just to prevent this sort of mis-information.

Daily? Im still typing up last Mondays list!

How many "e"s in De Gea?

Maybe not officially, but heard he's agreed terms and Heffernan too.

So, not signed then

I didn't grudge him a move to Killie, but I reckon he should have stayed with us to gain that extra bit of experience at a higher level. The jump was ultimately too big for him at the time.

Yep, he's made allot more professional since he came in, the players are notably fitter and faster also. Good guy.

Definitely a touch of McIntyre about him.

, there will be someone along in a minute to point out I stopped being a proper fan the minute I started sticking a tie on to attend games. <_<

Nope, that'd just be when you turned old.

Kyle Hutton has signed a deal until Jan at Queens after turning down a late bid by Dunfermline.

I actually liked Hutton at Dunfermline, I thought he'd succeed away from Ibrox.